The Uk Awesome Member And Growers Thread

• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desertboy

Desertboy

It's the way to do it I've always let my water sit for 24 with a air stone in there I can smell the difference all that chlorine smell is gone :)

I put water from tap in can with food then I water into plant lol, I'm watering my plants with tap cold water which UK users will know is bloody cold at moment! When I made reservoirs I never gave a fuck about chlorine I drink enough of it lol and plants never seemed to mind. I have an organic grow going if the chlorine was too hot it would kill my microherd and everything would die.

It might be the reason we never see root disease if you make the hydro feed up as you use it, which until I read your post never considered lol.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I always fill a day before using as most of my nutes are semi sythentic as in they have living organisms in there in fact if they know it or not most people use these types of food if this is the case chances are your killing most of what is costing u so much money the thing is the water board put chems in the water to kill any nasties but it also kills the goodies too changing your water every day imo is over kill I usually change my tank once a week no matter what time of year it is for several reasons what I will say is keep your eye on the temp of your water maybe look at ways to keep it cool if it's got really hot I've been known to throw bags of ice cubes in my tank each day that was with nft though and there a pain on the ass anyway the thing with dumping all that water each day also is your nutes bill most hydro systems need a set amount of water to operate this could be in the 100s of litres so u can see unless u own a nute factory or have serious shares in 1 in could cost u more for food than u get from your crop :) certainly a lot more expensive than a couple of bags of ice each week when it gets that high which in the UK if that's where u are isn't for very long :)

When you make reservoir decant some to 2l bottles and chill them in the fridge them you can cool the reservoir down without changing ec or ph.

R3LaX

R3LaX

Day 17,starting to flower nicely
20160120 185341 noexif
the cheese bukakke in the back left blew up fairly well..she's catching up to the dbxl nicely n next to hers a shorter dbxl so Itll be interesting to she how she turns out.clones taken happy days.

Last edited:
mancdank

mancdank

When you make reservoir decant some to 2l bottles and chill them in the fridge them you can cool the reservoir down without changing ec or ph.
I've found just ph some water and put it in ice cube bags :) takes a while popping em out but hey better than pythium :)

Green Team

Green Team

You can get chillers to keep the nute temp down but I have been told it would probably be the noisiest bit of equipment in the grow room but you can keep your temps exact all the time with them

Desertboy

Desertboy

You can get chillers to keep the nute temp down but I have been told it would probably be the noisiest bit of equipment in the grow room but you can keep your temps exact all the time with them

I have chiller if you have it on a concrete floor noise is nothing, if you have it upstairs on floor boards the whole floor vibrates!

Most chillers I've had experience with are only as loud as a loud fridge certainly less than any fans but the vibrations kill it.

I used to hang my chiller off bungees and it still drove me mad with vibrations.

Remember this is a US site with some of the 20kw growers using 5kw chillers they are different beasts more like industrial fridges and can be as loud as generators you hear at festivals and fairs! US growers in the south have much higher incoming air temps to deal with. The sort of thing us UK growers might use for our needs and more like 300w and sound like a kitchen fridge. Also many US growers think it's impossible to grow a plant without adding co2 so they need to seal rooms, air con everything and chiller they're buckets.

I actually get very annoyed when I see people with black tub DWC in a sealed room with air con and a chiller because with silver insulation around the tubs they would save a fortune and reduce co2 emissions.

I also find it insulting to burn propane for extra co2 and then air con and dehumidify to negate the negative effects it's just environmentally irresponsible!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom