• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toaster79

Toaster79

The force is strong with this one ;)

Yeah, we be having some hard times. I kept feeding her for too long. Should have backed off nutes a week earlier. The PTxDH #1 doesn't look much better either.

20160711 122115

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Never checked soil PH in my life lol but I did check fishmix solution with tap water and the PH was 8.4 lol not suprised the soil PH rises there's only so much buffering it can do.
I NEVER used a ph meter in soil but the truth is u need one.i was putting my gals into canna terra proffessional soil and giving just water for a few weeks.while i was giving just water they were fine but then wen i added nutes to the water they would eventually yellow off coz adding nutes took the ph away down to like 5ish which aint a good ph for growing in soil.

Desertboy

Desertboy

What nutes did you use Mr Bee? I tested fish mix and bloom and both were well above 7 but never tested grow as I rarely use it.

Mind you I'm sure the water makes a big difference we have hard water where I am EC is 0.4 out the tap.

My friend in Sterling gets an EC of 0.0 from his tap and a friend in Southampton gets 0.8 and his tap water is cloudy (And horrible)

Desertboy

Desertboy

My tap water varies on time of year
In winter it's 0.2 ec in summer it's 0.4??? I think the reservoir must change

Actually quite common in UK to have water from 2 different reservoirs depending on time of year I don't where I live and it read 0.4 the first time I checked it in 2006 and it still reads 0.4 today and never has read a different value in that time ;)

Makka

Makka

Actually quite common in UK to have water from 2 different reservoirs depending on time of year I don't where I live and it read 0.4 the first time I checked it in 2006 and it still reads 0.4 today and never has read a different value in that time ;)
Wish mine was like that I have to keep a lookout for it changing or I over dose with N in the calmag it a pita really but at 0.4 I hardly even need to add it was A right ball ache when I was figuring the problem out in the beginning lol

Desertboy

Desertboy

No, but you can calculate the difference. 6.8 in and 7 out makes 7.2 in the soil.

I like the logic but soil is a living thing and the buffering isn't instant, it takes a a while from the watering to the feed becoming buffered in the soil.

Often it's nitrogen fixing bacteria that do the buffering (But not the only ones) which when they snatch nitrogen from atmosphere and combine it with water == Nitric acid.

In an inert medium like coco or fytocell I think you would be right in soil it's more complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom