The Under Current Hydroponic System

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Check out this setup for a full on hydro grow. I saw these a couple of times at trade shows and on a showroom floor or two but now i am jazzed on them after studying them a little closer.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ6bd1ACNNs[/YOUTUBE]

Hybrid Modular Hydroponic System featuring our Patent Pending Sub-Current Culture Method

Current Culture H2O brings you the revolutionary Under Current modular hydroponic system. This invention breaks new ground in the world of hydroculture. The Under Current combines the Deep Water Culture technique with our patent pending Sub-Current Culture method to create a truly unique style of plant cultivation.

This innovative application circulates literally hundreds of gallons of solution per hour beneath plant roots. An inline Danner Mag Drive pump provides peripheral negative pressure by thrusting nutrients back to a return module (Epicenter). From this point the solution is drawn from module to subsequent module, causing a type of perpetual fluid motion. 8 gallon growth modules are interconnected via 2" conduit, allowing nutrients unobstructed passage through the plants root zone.

The Under Current supercharges the solution with dissolved oxygen, creating a hyper aerobic condition ideal for beneficial microorganisms. Constant, 24/7 nutrient circulation ensures that pH and EC are uniform throughout the entire system. Each Under Current includes the powerful D.W.C Aeration Kit.This convenient kit enables growers to use the deep water culture method in conjunction with our patent pending Sub-Current Culture application.

● Hybrid Deep Water Culture /Sub-Current Culture method

● Provides unmatched dissolved oxygen levels

● 8 gallon growth module allows for maximum root development

● Circulates hundreds of gallons of solution per hour, keeping mineral/oxygen ratio consistent throughout system

● Grows huge ”specimen” type hydroponic plants

● Perfect for greenhouse or H.I.D. lighting foot prints

● Super charged oxygen levels ensure that beneficial microbes flourish

The Under Current is the industries first and only pump driven, recirculating, Modular Sub-Current Culture system. Designed specifically to accommodate H.I.D. lighting foot prints, each systems appropriate pairing is as follows... 4 site (600 watt), 4XL (1000watt), 6 site (1000 watt), 6XL (2x600 watt), 8 site (2x 600 watts), 8XL (2x1000 watt), 12 site (3x600 watt or 2x1000 watt) and 12XL (3x1000 watt). The Under Current is easily compatible with any Neptune Series Reverse Osmosis units and/or Aquifer 100 gallon Reservoir System.
M.S.R.P.

4 or XL -$774.95
6 or XL -$874.95
8 or XL -$999.95
12 or XL-$1169.95

Check with your local retailer for current pricing.

Thinkin I might get one or build one for shits and grins

Tex

Undercurrent  8 lrg
T

Teresa

Look's to be a bad ass system.Price seem's a bit steep though.Can they be moved farther apart or what you see is what you get?

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I've seen these a year or so ago. I just don't get what's different with this system as opposed to any other recirculating DWC system. I'm not saying they aren't different, just that they're a lil unclear as to how their system differs from previous available designs. For that price, you could build something far better. But i def know how sometimes ya just wanna buy it already made...
What do they use for aeration? I was under the impression when i read about this a while back that they were using some method of compressing air to increase DO levels. Any idea TK? I think they look nice though, i like the large plumbing. Throw a pH doser on that system and hold onto your seat!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That is the standard config but because it is just 2" pvc, you could grow the footrpint to whatever you want.

Does seem high priced, I will souce the buckets and gear and see where it is at, might be worth buyin one just to figure it out to DIY one or two..

It is kind of what Double D does with his setup, constant high flow action..

Here is their website

http://www.cch2o.com/

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There is a huge ass air stone in every bucket as well as the control reservoirs..

Pretty simple setup but I tell ya there is $500 bucks in just air and water pumps on there, then ya throw in 2" pvc straights and elbows, 2" grommets, 8" netpots and holesaws to cut them all nice, it doesn't take long to add up..

You could buy the cheaper 4 unit setup and knock it off or expand on it to whatever size you want.

They have these buckets at my grow store but I need a clean way to cut that 6" or 8" hole in the lid for the netpots, maybe a die stamp place that could just stamp them out for me..hmmmm

Tex

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I def like the 8 gal capacity as opposed to 5 gal buckets though. I wonder if using some sort of venturi type system would help make the aeration system cheaper and at the same time possibly more effective? Like how they do in the aeroflos.

T

todgerdelburro

if you get caught wth a $1200 hydro system, it tells the judge and jury one thing, if you make the same thing from wood and plastic for $80 is says something totally different. the difference is often jail. one of my first ever grow buddies went to jail in the uk for 3 years when all he had [ever had] was a propagator full of clones and a big expensive fancyass setup waiting to go.... do not collect $200, etc....you can make it look ghetto, but outyield ""Starsip Enterprise" grows easily.

recently one hydro system maker, not this one, but very similar, admitted to me that he knew full well NFT outperforms anything else, including his megabucks professional looking system he was standing there trying to sell.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If I make one, it won't look ghetto, it will look just like the one out of the box...

Here are a couple sources for the buckets...the second one is the place where Gh gets their buckeys for the waterfarm lines, they stack and are heavy duty..

8 gallon squares is the shit...lol

Tex

E088
K

Kilo

ghetto all the way baby! nice find TX ..i dont know if the ikea ones will work but well worth a look ..the slanted lid may be an issue but the water level will only be just under the large net pots... so may be ok

K

Kilo

is just a recirc dwc system but with bigger bore piping and an external pump that pulls the nutrient thru the system "under current" and into the res ;)

K

Kilo

just found the other sizes m8 may be of interest

Assembled size
Width: 39 cm
Depth: 55 cm
Height: 45 cm
Volume: 60 ltr

I cant find 2" grommets or 2" pvc pipe only inch half

Sortabox 2
N

nesta1218

There is a huge ass air stone in every bucket as well as the control reservoirs..

Pretty simple setup but I tell ya there is $500 bucks in just air and water pumps on there, then ya throw in 2" pvc straights and elbows, 2" grommets, 8" netpots and holesaws to cut them all nice, it doesn't take long to add up..

You could buy the cheaper 4 unit setup and knock it off or expand on it to whatever size you want.

They have these buckets at my grow store but I need a clean way to cut that 6" or 8" hole in the lid for the netpots, maybe a die stamp place that could just stamp them out for me..hmmmm

Tex
When i start doing the math and adding up the time it may make sense to buy one.
I did something similar though with hydro farms .
i used 1" drain line and gromets from an aeroflow for the drain side and I took the drip ring and put it in the bottom bucket just below the top on 1/2" tubing with an ellbo goining out the fill level tube hole.1050 gph pump to 24 buckets and a chiller, was awesome but could flood so I went back to coco ,as at the time I didnt realise how easy float switches are to use/wire up.

TK hit me up mang maybe we could go in on the 8" hole saw ,or maybe i can get a piece of scrap pipe and sharpen it a lil, weld a plate on one side and blamo a die

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
They sell those kind that Kilo shows at Home de Pot on sale right now...dry storage containers i think..

An eight inch pipe and a floor jack or an arbor press..

Tex

N

nesta1218

They sell those kind that Kilo shows at Home de Pot on sale right now...dry storage containers i think..

An eight inch pipe and a floor jack or an arbor press..

Tex
the 8 gallons are at the hydro store i have the pumps and all just need some new stones...2" bulkhead fittings would work?yes? looking for gromets....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The guy just sent me all the info on the units, here is a cool couple of pages for sizing your system.

Tex

Retail Catalog 2009 Page 02
Retail Catalog 2009 Page 03
K

Kilo

nice on TX ..just would like to know were i could source the grommetts

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The grommets are all over online, minimum quantities are a bitch though...

I need to know exactly the outside diameter of the 2" pvc pipe in order to get the right ones..

Tex

Top Bottom