The War on Medical Marijuana in MI Super Thread, NEWS,BUST,LAWS <<<<Updated Often>>>>

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Word is if we legalize then caregivers will be eliminated. They want to stop the sale of overage because they fear caregivers won't have a safe product.
LOL like the govs really give a rats ass if what we smoke is safe. Remember the late 70's early 80's when we were all smoking paraquat tainted weed.

If they have their way you will lose caregiver rights in MI. Once our dispos got up and running here in AZ back in 011 they did away with individual growing. By using a 25 mile rule. They allowed enough dispos to assure that almost no one was outside of the 25 mile zone........... Rat bastards

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

All the weed around here is sprayed with something, I feel so much better since I have stopped vaping it. I think it is sprayed with synthetic thc, it is fairly simple to make, makes the bud weigh more and seem more potent. Drug dealers probably make a killing by spraying bulk amounts with it. It wouldnt take much liquid synthetic thc sprayed on a pound to make it weigh an extra ounce and it would get whoever smoked it super high. I used to smoke spice and the bud you get around here makes you feel like you smoked spice. Grow your own, it is much safer.

john martin

john martin

Anyone know how long were supposed to wait before driving after medicating? I told a trooper 3 hours and it wasn't an issue.

NO! You are playing with FIRE (the wrong kind!).

It is like this...

Sure, you can go 30 in a 25 and usually not get pulled over, but if some lame looser no-life cop has nothing better to do, you are in fact his little b*tch and he can pull you over for going 5 over whenever he feels like it...

This isn't a big deal, as it's a minor traffic violation, but I have seen first hand multiple people arrested, even blood drawn for admiting they had even smoked that day...

So, with that said... since they cannot prove the last time we partook, like they can prove we are going 5 over, I tell those c*cksuckers that I have not smoked in 24 hours being the minimum and if they say I smell, I tell them I don't like to shower much cause I date french chicks and they dig me and my sexy staunchy hairy BO pits.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Appeals Court says harvested pot useable in 4 days
635878568497656855-rocafortpot.JPG

Licensed medical marijuana grower Alenna Rocafort loses appeal in case involving Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.(Photo: Mich. Dept. of Corrections)

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WZZM) – How long does harvested marijuana have to dry before it is considered “useable’’ under Michigan’s Medical Marijuana Act?

Apparently four days, based on a split decision handed down Friday by the Michigan Court of Appeals.

Justices upheld the conviction of a licensed caregiver for having more pot than what’s allowed under the state’s 2008 Medical Marijuana Act.

Alenna Marie Rocafort, 47, sees it differently. Although police seized 5.6 pounds of marijuana during a Sept. 2012 raid, the weight was artificially high because she harvested the pot four days earlier and it was still drying, her attorney argued.

In its 2 to 1 decision, justices sided with a Kent County judge who determined the marijuana was “sufficiently dry’’ to justify criminal charges.

Justice Cynthia Diane Stephens disagreed; she urged the Michigan Legislature to clarify just how long marijuana needs to dry before it is useable.

The case stems from a Sept. 2012 raid at an unoccupied house in Kentwood where Rocafort grew medical marijuana. Rocafort was a registered patient and caregiver under MMMA with five registered patients, providing medical marijuana to four of them.

Police found 34 marijuana plants during the Sept. 19 raid. She harvested marijuana four days earlier for hash oil, court records show.

An expert witness testified that it takes between 7 to 10 days to dry marijuana after harvest. The defense witness said he did not think the marijuana was adequately dried, and even dried marijuana contains approximately 10 percent moisture content, court records show.

635878569886083555-potplant.jpg

Case hinged on how long it takes for marijuana to dry before it can be considered useable (Photo: File art)

Although the marijuana may not have been ideally dry, a Kent County judge nonetheless ruled it was “largely dried’’ and therefore allowed the criminal case to move forward. A jury convicted Rocafort more than a year after the raid.

Justices Jane Markey and William Murphy upheld the conviction, finding no errors by the lower court.

“There was no dispute that the marijuana had been drying for four days when it was seized,’’ they wrote. “The lower court judge was not wrong in concluding the seized marijuana was dried, and thus usable under the MMMA.’’

Rocafort in April, 2014 was sentenced to two years’ probation after a Kent County jury convicted her of manufacturing marijuana and maintaining a drug house. She was given an early discharge from probation last April.

In a two-page dissent, Stephens said the evidence did not establish that the 5.6 pounds of marijuana was “dried leaves and flowers.’’

“There is a difference between what the Legislature has termed marijuana and useable marijuana,’’ she wrote. “Testimony differed as to the amount of days required for the marijuana to be dried.

“I acknowledge the difficulty in determining ‘dried marijuana’ when even so-called completely dried marijuana contains 10 percent moisture, but I would also call upon the Legislature for clarification,’’ Stephens urged.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Wow, after reading these articles, Michigan sounds like the worst MMJ state to grow in the country. You guys should be getting top dollar, because you are basically black market with your rogue cops and prosecuting attorneys always persecuting caregivers and patients. I thought Colorado was bad BITD, but MI sounds even worse...I feel for you guys, what a pain in the ass.

john martin

john martin

I noticed in said above case that she had had the nugs in jars for 4 days, so this is honestly a bit different than cases where the nugs were still drying on stem, or freshly hung.

In the jars for 4 days... how much weight is it really gonna loose at that point tbh?

john martin

john martin

Then we have this floating around the internet:

"I'd like to add that I've talked to a man that owns a dispensary in Flint and he said he went to trial for the same thing except his was not trimmed whatsoever. Because it was not trimmed it was not considered useable. He went free and continues to grow and own that dispensary. And determining the difference between dry and not dry should be done by looking at the relative humidity when placed into a standard container."

I think we all know Flint is 'special' tho.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Add One, Subtract Two – Michigan’s Marijuana Legalization Scene Thins Out
safer-michigan-marijuana-300x300.jpg

Of the four groups claiming to want legalized marijuana in Michigan, three have been approved to collect signatures on petitions, two have essentially disappeared and only one has a clear shot at making the ballot.

The organization with the clear shot is MILegalize; with more than 200,000 petition signatures collected and national media attention, MIlegalize could qualify for the ballot and withstand the intense pounding Michigan’s conservatives are likely to bring before the November 2016 election. Tommy Chong endorses MILegalize, as do legislators and industry giants. MIlegalize released their 2016 Prospectus, they are pushing the Board of State Canvassers to modernize the collections and verification processes, and continue to collect signatures to this day.

As the Prospectus reads, ”Petitioning and campaigning continue statewide while our organization handles the administration of the campaign in Lansing… Our 2015 plan was successful. We augmented the ‘volunteer army’ of petitioners with professionals to create a solid core group of activists and an indisputable volume of verified signatures.”

Another organization with more than 100,000 petition signatures collected is the MCC. Started by Republican political strategists Marsden and Darnoi, their real-life company sells personal data and voting statistics to conservative organizations and candidates in Michigan. Speculation was widespread that the MCC was never serious about legalization- the principals admitted that they do not smoke nor have any interest in the medicinal herb- and that they were simply gathering data they can sell over and over again for years to come.

After the group announced that they were “suspending” their campaign in the fall, Marsden has disappeared from all media mentions. A rumored New Year’s press conference never materialized, and the man who thought it was funny to wear a goofy baseball hat, scuffed boots and old jeans to a formal television taping with elected representatives is not currently a factor in Michigan marijuana politics.

Also no longer a factor in Michigan marijuana politics: Mr. Irrelevant, aka Tim Beck and his MRC group. Mr. Irrelevant is the term used in the National Football League for the very last guy selected each year in the college football draft; Beck seems to fit that bill, as he has been left out of every other significant movement in Michigan politics except the ones he created himself. Rev. Steven Thompson has described how Beck was bounced out of the Executive Director position in the Michigan chapter of NORML under a cloud of suspicion; his tomfoolery made the Marijuana Policy Project want to leave Michigan in 2007 and bring medical to Ohio (Matthew Abel explains that only assurances from statewide leaders that Beck would NOT be involved kept the MPP money in Michigan); he was in the MACC, then was out, he was in CPU, then was out, and the only organization that seems to want to keep him is his own Safer Michigan Coalition.

The MRC has NEVER submitted a petition to the state for approval, despite the constant presence in the legislature of Beck and his two powerful Republican pot-hating sidekicks: Ms. Mitchell (think super duper Sour Patch Kid gummies with shards of glass inside) and Mr. Wellday (think shards of glass with a little super duper Sour Patch holding them together). This Responsible Ohio-wanna be organization was kicked in the crotch when the ultra-rich kids in Ohio got their asses handed to them at the ballot box in November. Their plan has morphed more often than an X-Man on assignment; who could support an organization that doesn’t know what it stands for?

Recent news reports indicate that the MRC won’t make a decision about running a campaign until late February, a date that leaves them very little time to collect signatures. Their website claims their 501(c)6 non-profit status is still “in formation.” Oddly enough Beck, who once famously called the MILegalize organization a “hippie pipe dream”, may be searching for social relevance after the demise of the MRC and could try to attach himself, leech-like, to the MIlegalize campaign for all the fun stuff after the hard work is done. Interesting.

The fourth group is the Abrogate organization. Their petition was approved for signature collecting within the last month. Unlike the MIlegalize group, Abrogate is trying a Constitutional Amendment- that move requires nearly 100,000 more validated voter signatures than the MIlegalize plan. Their petition’s language is inspiring and highly optimistic.

Abrogate is currently collecting signatures in Michigan, and has employed new methods in reaching the public. Their message is perhaps a little ahead of its time, and their organization lacks experience, but their volunteers are highly loyal and intensely committed. The abbreviated time frame their campaign has, and the additional signature requirement, makes them a very remote long shot to make the ballot.
http://www.theweedblog.com/add-one-subtract-two-michigans-marijuana-legalization-scene-thins-out/

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Judge dismissed felony charge against medical marijuana patient Max Lorincz
Posted 10:30 AM, January 22, 2016, by Dana Chicklas, Updated at 12:04pm, January 22, 2016

OTTAWA COUNTY, Mich. – After 16 months of a criminal and family court battle, an Ottawa County Circuit Court Judge dismissed the felony charges against a Spring Lake father and card-carrying medical marijuana patient for having “synthetic THC.”
max-and-dante-2.jpg

Friday Max Lorincz was in court for multiple hearings regarding his criminal case, after he was charged with a two-year felony for what the crime lab depicts as “synthetic THC.” Judge Edward Post ruled that the prosecution has not provided evidence to prove what Lorincz had was not marijuana; therefore the charge is dropped.

Lorincz’s crime lab report shows he had a “smear” amount of THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, and then the phrase “origin unknown.” He was charged with a two-year felony for having synthetic pot; a case FOX 17 has been reporting since February 2015. As a result of this charge, Lorincz and his wife are also fighting to regain full custody of their six-year-old son in a separate family court case.

In October, FOX 17 broke Attorney Michael Komorn’s allegations that the Michigan State Police crime labs’ recent policy change is corrupt; a policy that affected Lorincz, who is fighting for custody of his son because of it.

Komorn, who represents Lorincz, accuses prosecutors of inappropriately influencing the way the MSP crime labs report marijuana extracts, when plant matter is not visible–like in the case of brownies and oils–as “origin unknown” on the lab report. This statement allows prosecutors the discretion to charge a person with a felony for having “synthetic THC,” instead of having marijuana, which is a misdemeanor.

Komorn, along with Attorneys Neil Rockind and Mike Nichols, filed federal complaints against the MSP crime labs to the National Institute of Justice. Their complaints call for an independent investigation into these allegations that the state crime labs are knowingly misreporting marijuana as “origin unknown,” which again leads to felonies for synthetic THC.

Friday in Ottawa County Circuit Court, Judge Post heard the defense’s motion to quash Lorincz’s bindover; Daubert hearing; as well as a bill of particulars.

Attorney Karen Miedema with the Ottawa County Prosecutor’s Office, handling Lorincz’s case, declined to comment. Miedema told FOX 17 the prosecution is considering filing one-year misdemeanor charges for marijuana possession against Lorincz.

Here is a series of stories of background on Lorincz’s case:

Stay with FOX 17 for an update on Lorincz’s custody case, which will be heard this afternoon in family court at 2 p.m.

http://fox17online.com/2016/01/22/m...in-court-for-felony-charges-of-synthetic-thc/

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Then we have this floating around the internet:

"I'd like to add that I've talked to a man that owns a dispensary in Flint and he said he went to trial for the same thing except his was not trimmed whatsoever. Because it was not trimmed it was not considered useable. He went free and continues to grow and own that dispensary. And determining the difference between dry and not dry should be done by looking at the relative humidity when placed into a standard container."

I think we all know Flint is 'special' tho.
Wouldn't be surprised if the weed coming out of Flint has a higher lead content than THC lmfao.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I just realized our state has old school, outdated laws concerning cannabis cultivation.

This is the lowest level which is 9 plants or less, but has multiple tiers above with escalating minimum sentencing.

Just thought I'd post the smallest one.

If an alleged offender is caught with nine or less cultivated and live marijuana plants in ******, the arresting officers may determine the weight of the marijuana plants by using any certified scale convenient to the place of arrest in order to determine the weight of the growing marijuana plant.

The whole plant, including the root system, is considered when determining the aggregate weight of the marijuana plant. However, the aggregate weight does not include any substance that is not a part of the growing plant. This means the root system can be used to determine how much the plant weighs, but not any soil that may be attached to the roots.

Cannis

Cannis

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom