• Thread starter Theindoorfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Hi guys, for this round I am trying out Ethos Genetics. Here they are;
Theindoorfarmers gaia green organic grow with ethos genetics

Theindoorfarmers gaia green organic grow with ethos genetics 2

Already got some Barney’s farm seeds in the flower tent in week 4 but these will go in my veg tent.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

So yesterday, I got them all in their own container of RO water to let them soak for 24hrs in the dark. So I set the tent controller at 23-24c and let them sit there until I transfer them to another container with a paper towel. They will sit there for another 24hrs until I transplant to my Gaia Green living soil mix.
5F34506F 25BE 4961 BB79 51B085685325

9C4F51AE 460A 416D B76F 918DFAA366F7
C6761B8E 2B08 4FF6 BDD9 EDBDCC94D50D
739F4CED 927B 46DE A843 4AC4C16CE5B5

Cya later growers with more on this grow!

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Hey guys! So instead of putting them an extra 24hrs in paper towels after the soak, I decided to transplant right away in my media. When I looked at the seeds after 24hrs, they all had good size tails coming out so that’s what changed my decision. I got out the living soil, the worm castings, the 4-4-4 all purpose and some Dynomico mycorrhizae.
CEA0FC3F EF14 47F2 879B DF21C8C5C195

8642F4F4 93AF 4AE8 81FC B07127817527

I mix the living soil with 25% worm castings. Then I add the 4-4-4 all purpose to the media mix at 3tbps/gal of media. Then when I transplant the seed, I add some mycorrhizae to the crevasse I created to inoculate the seed. I putt all the tiny seeds in my propagation air pots with the tail facing down and like an upward football if that makes any sense :).
And here they are ready to grow…
E399DD7C 0909 4934 A453 33040BABCEEE

I am gonna leave the dome on for the next 3-4 days maybe but will keep updated.
Temps are 24c and humidity is at 75% in the tent but closer to 100% in the dome.
Light will be 12-14 inches away at 30% intensity until they break the ground.
Light is running 24hr until first leave will come out. Then will swap to 18/6 :)
Cheers guy’s and have a great day!

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

i seriously advise pulling the dome off once they break soil because seedlings are very sensitive to damping off and they do just fine at 75% rh
happy growing dude
Why does ethos advise to keep it on for 5-7 days to promote root growth?
I will take it off tho if you suggest strongly :)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Why does ethos advise to keep it on for 3-4 days to promote root growth?
I will take it off tho if you suggest strongly :)
i don’t have any idea why they do but organic soil means bacteria and fungi and there is no way to control which fungi reproduces which mean pathogens can easily grow too if you present them with a suitable environment. also they really don’t need 100% humidity ime. they can grow just fine at lower rh.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

i don’t have any idea why they do but organic soil means bacteria and fungi and there is no way to control which fungi reproduces which mean pathogens can easily grow too if you present them with a suitable environment. also they really don’t need 100% humidity ime. they can grow just fine at lower rh.
Thanks! I appreciate the advice! 🙏

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
i see your photo now did you add that later?
well anyway you see “sterilized rock wool cubes”

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Hey man nice grow, love Gaia green products.
I use the 444 and 284 mixed with promix, works great.
You don't think the living soil with added 444 might be a bit hot for seedling?
I've never done seeds straight to the soil. I've always put them in solos then transplant to bigger pots once established but even doing that my plants get burned a little sometimes. But my soil is a little hot I guess.
I used the living soil by itself when I first started organic growing, then just top dress in flower.
As for the dome on seedlings I also don't use them.

Good luck with your grow so far looking good. Hope you find a winner

Happy Growing

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Hey man nice grow, love Gaia green products.
I use the 444 and 284 mixed with promix, works great.
You don't think the living soil with added 444 might be a bit hot for seedling?
I've never done seeds straight to the soil. I've always put them in solos then transplant to bigger pots once established but even doing that my plants get burned a little sometimes. But my soil is a little hot I guess.
I used the living soil by itself when I first started organic growing, then just top dress in flower.
As for the dome on seedlings I also don't use them.

Good luck with your grow so far looking good. Hope you find a winner

Happy Growing
Hey buddy! Thanks for sharing the knowledge. For the 4-4-4 with Gaia green living soil and worm mix it’s not too hot. I have a previous diary with the same mix with no issues but that’s to date :) never know what could happen. Thanks stopping in!
Here is link to previous grow with Gaia;

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
Hey buddy! Thanks for sharing the knowledge. For the 4-4-4 with Gaia green living soil and worm mix it’s not too hot. I have a previous diary with the same mix with no issues but that’s to date :) never know what could happen. Thanks stopping in!
That's good to know.
Do you top dress also with Gaia green?
I found putting a clone in the living soil it was good with just water for around a month.
I did a side by side with the living soil and ffof. Both same clone same containers, ended up tossing the ffof after three weeks or so as it was half the size of the Gaia green living soil plant plus the room was getting too packed so I said fuck it and took it out. The living soil kicked fox farms ass, no doubt about it.
But I was forced to use ffof as my grow store stopped selling it for a little while. So I switched to promix adding dry Gaia Green products 444,284 and Insect grass, it's much cheaper this way as the bags were 30 per bag.
I just reuse my soil every grow too, just reamend it after each round with half original application.
Do you re use yours?

Happy Growing

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

That's good to know.
I found putting a clone in the living soil it was good with just water for around a month.
I did a side by side with the living soil and ffof. Both same clone same containers, ended up tossing the ffof after three weeks or so as it was half the size of the Gaia green living soil plant plus the room was getting too packed so I said fuck it and took it out. The living soil kicked fox farms ass, no doubt about it.
But I was forced to use ffof as my grow store stopped selling it for a little while. So I switched to promix adding dry Gaia Green products 444,284 and Insect grass, it's much cheaper this way as the bags were 30 per bag.
I just reuse my soil every grow too, just reamend it after each round with half original application.
Do you re use yours?

Happy Growing

Similar to yourself, those living soil bags are WAY too pricey! Much more economical to just amend a base soil with the GG nutrients and some EWC.

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

That's good to know.
Do you re use yours?

Happy Growing
No, I use it elsewhere after but not with my plants. I don’t find it expensive after coming from bottled nutes. Much cheaper growing this way for me. Reamending the soil can cause it to be unbalanced after a while if it’s not professionally tested. I rather start fresh every time for my medicine :)

Last edited:
steamroller

steamroller

So far so good ! I am still on my January harvest,but should be testing the latest soon ? I did Mandarin cookie [ nice] Grape diamond [ nice ] and Hash Plant [ sleeper] in my first grow .
Grape Diamond was a good grower and flavorful.
Hash plant is a killer in sativas clothes ..Just pooped 16 seeds of HP into soil yesterday .
Got crecendo in cure .Hope it turns into something good as it could only be described as body odor when cutting.Also have Orange velvet underground and more Grape diamond in cure.
I have clones of all the last Ethos I grew . 😁

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

So far so good ! I am still on my January harvest,but should be testing the latest soon ? I did Mandarin cookie [ nice] Grape diamond [ nice ] and Hash Plant [ sleeper] in my first grow .
Grape Diamond was a good grower and flavorful.
Hash plant is a killer in sativas clothes ..Just pooped 16 seeds of HP into soil yesterday .
Got crecendo in cure .Hope it turns into something good as it could only be described as body odor when cutting.Also have Orange velvet underground and more Grape diamond in cure.
I have clones of all the last Ethos I grew . 😁
Nice! I will look up your diary. Sounds like you have variety, I like it. First time Ethos for me and after what you said I can’t wait 🤤

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Hi guys, so little update today, they all are doing good and The Purple Majik seed is a miracle one. Took me 2 days to realize that it was the root with the seed on it growing out of the ground and not the stem. So decided what the hell i am putting her back in the soil and this morning, BOOM! She’s out! Probably the high humidity keep her not to dry. Pic of the miracle seed and the rest of the gang;
3F06A88E E2AD 4067 A683 5B68A3BBA9B4

B49F5DB7 A6E7 478E A3C7 72C03349D801

Have a great day everyone!

Sparks 714

Sparks 714

Ive grown out a few by Ethos Genetics too. So far ive grown Manderin Sunset (Herojauna × Orange Skunk), Ethos Cookies, Cherry-Gar-See-Ya, and White Wedding rbx. My favorite of all those is the White Wedding rbx, with the Cherry-Gar-See-Ya coming in as a very close second. Ive got clones of both and am already re-running the Cherry-Gar-See-Ya, she's in flower now at about day 20-21.

20220302 111608
20220310 102225
20220310 102259

These pics are of the White Wedding rbx right around finish time. Took her to 73-74 days.

Top Bottom