These Led Lights Just Might Be The Future

• Thread starter salmonslammer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Been looking into led technology for quite some time and as most advanced farmers know there was just nothing up to par with the hid lights but things are moving very fast in the led lighting field and this fixture just might be the game changer if costs can be brought down , see what you think

seaslug

seaslug

I don't think bml is a game changer but I'm going to read the pdf product brochure. COBs are about to hit the market--opticssomebody is selling premade in a metal box for a cabinet. COBs might be the next CMH.

seaslug

seaslug

That model in the white lab coat doesn't work for free.

Bowski

Bowski

Not saying they are great, But ive seen the commercial growers have invested in hundreds of these lights for a reason. Im sure they tested and did their due dilligence before stroking a big check. Even if there's a trade off to the farmer it must be a good one. lower electric cost, less AC, and some say a better end product and finish time.
Who knows? someone does.

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

I dont know there slug if you add in 1500 dollars of rebates from the electric company in my neck of the woods plus look at the yields there getting plus savings on electricity and cooling,I think this makes total sense. There are other videos of this same fixture crushing yields with other strains across the board.Colorado btc you obviously dont know the difference between usable light and just power being burned you should check a little more into those things before making a decision, just my 2 cents :D

E

eighty9concr

If i were to go led, these would be the ones. But I still believe 1000w DE is a far superior product in a commercial setting. All the warehouse guys are eating these DE setups up right now, they're getting harder to get. Took me almost a month to get all mine in.

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

"Colorado btc you obviously dont know the difference between usable light and just power being burned you should check a little more into those things before making a decision, just my 2 cents"

I made sure to look at the specifications before I posted. It does not justify 3,000 dollars for 665 watts LED

the full spectrum chips, which avoid all the extra "power being burned", are really not that much more expensive, or install in any more intensive manner than regular LED, which is why I suggest building your own!
20150505 2356381
20150505 2356261

Bowski

Bowski

@BTC, I will admit that you could build your own if you have the time to research where to source the best parts and so on.
or you could pay less for a hobbiest led set up. But as I said before, there are some big wharehouse legal growers going with this led light and posting their yeilds..of course I dont believe everything I read.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

When I started a few min back I was reading some white sheets from NYU and SoCal who were both doing research on the LED currently in production (excluding Home Made) the Study focus on the usable waves lengths prioritized by Photosynthesis The study was inconclusive and no one LED manufactured to date was over the top better than One.
But out of the 46 units tested, 3 were above average, 8 were good, and the rest were lower Bin Junk no one should waste there hard earned dollars for. The BML is used Commercially thru-out Baudoin the united Arab Emirates and vertical growing green houses all over Japan In multi million dollar automated Gardens. They are one of the three. Thats all I will say about BML. what I have seen id Optical lens studies to pinpoint the wave is as critical as the LED itself.
Its all fun
How would ya like to have this as your clones house
Biotherapeutics 3

The more we learn and share the better the choices we can make
I use a So;is tek 1k myself with supplemental UVA/UVB
Peace all you Farmers
FlyJ

salmonslammer

salmonslammer

Another plus about bml is they give you the option to build out the color spectrum according too your needs at no extra cost. Colorado im not thrashing you in any way just pointing out that most people dont understand usable light and just light itself ! I truly think that one day very soon we will look back at hid lighting like we look at the model t :D

seaslug

seaslug

My initial comment was based on the high dollar marketing but I still don't see any real innovation here:

LED Selections: (67%) 660nm Deep Red, (13%) 625nm Red, (13%) 6500K Cool White and (7%) 450nm Royal Blue

We purchase top-bin LEDs from one of the world's largest and most reputable LED manufacturer (Osram).

We use 3W LEDs in our fixtures, and we under-drive the LEDs (compared to the LED manufacturer's maximum recommended drive current) to ensure long life and high electrical efficiency. Due to the large number of LEDs we use in every fixture, we do not need to overdrive the LEDs to achieve extremely high PAR ratings.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The real deal is this my friends and growers of the Happy med's better and better research is getting done
because we all came together and made change.
the LED industry is going to be crossing boundaries and light spectrum thresholds almost on a monthly basis . . . . WHY? because the more we share and learn the better the system needs to be...
Time and smart engineers and DIYers who think outside the grow room is why it keeps getting better
its a great day to grow.
Peace Farmers
FlyJ

seaslug

seaslug

I had not considered BML before, it does look like good stuff. Illumitex is running their Neosol sale until this Friday. If I hadn't already bought the parts for making COB + 660nm luminaires I might have picked up a couple of bars to play with.

V

VGI

Still too expensive...look at Apache Tech if you want to spend that much...or get it right, look at DIY, A-51, or OpticLED(which is DIY cobs ore made for you) hope this helps steer you away from even 2k for 600 quality watts

Bowski

Bowski

Went to Epcot a few weeks back and they have a impressive hydroponic setup there to say the least. I took the behind the scenes tour and noticed in the propagation areas they were using Phillips brand l.e.d. light strips. better than using t-5's was what they were telling me and they commented that it produces better qaulity plant types. Its not for full blown growing just a better alternative to using t-5's and I found them as low as 175 bucks for a four footer. Epcot growers used 4 of these for a 4x4' area.
heres a link,

Storm Raven

Storm Raven

I agree with that but it's also more expensive up front. Do you really get better results with LED lights over T-5s for cloning and veg growth. They still don't produce enough light for flowering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom