They hate us cause they HortulANUS

• Thread starter Hortulanus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Don’t mind the bird in the left. Don’t know why the hell I hold the tent open like that
7C68B274 BC84 4FB6 BF93 7B64A3E69B5F

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Just ate one of these. ~50mg
strain: LBBM
View attachment 1073615
dear lord I’m feeling it.

Post Script:
I’ve come to realize that I’m the guy at the party that always tells you how high he is.
So... random tangent because those high potency edibles give me flashbacks. A buddy of mine calls me one night. I'd already had a few beers, a couple glasses of whisky, whatever. Decide to head over to his place. I get there, we take a shot, and he offers me a caramel. I'm like cool, I could go for a little high, that'd level out the drunk nicely. 45 min in, and I can't move. I ask the a-hole how strong they were. "100mg bro." Proceeded to stay on that couch for near three hours, debilitated. GTFO with those high potency edibles lol

Fudge

Fudge

Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 24 LOOKING FOR HORTICULTURAL EFFECTS OF SUPERTHRIVE™ON NEPENTHES

Results of the above linked study, in case the PDF disappears:

While not being directly related to cannabis, plants are plants at the end of the day. If it works for someone, more power to them. I'd personally rather spend my money on verified additives, not an iconic product with excellent marketing.
Glad I saw this, good info. I was tempted due to how many huuge grows swear by it. But a quick Google now I've seen this proves nothing. No solid proof of what it does anywhere. The price has put me off for a while. This has sealed the deal.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Glad I saw this, good info. I was tempted due to how many huuge grows swear by it. But a quick Google now I've seen this proves nothing. No solid proof of what it does anywhere. The price has put me off for a while. This has sealed the deal.
It's not snake oil, but at the price point it sits, it's expensive snake oil. YMMV

Fudge

Fudge

It's not snake oil, but at the price point it sits, it's expensive snake oil. YMMV
Doesn't really have anything in I don't already have though, touch of kelp cold press and a couple of drops of root it or clonex for the b1. I also assumed it had some extra ingredient(s) due to how widely its used. The more I research the less I see concrete proof of its claims. Kelp will aid transplant, root stimulation, shock etc so think I'll stick with what I know now instead of being a sheep lol.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Doesn't really have anything in I don't already have though, touch of kelp cold press and a couple of drops of root it or clonex for the b1. I also assumed it had some extra ingredient(s) due to how widely its used. The more I research the less I see concrete proof of its claims. Kelp will aid transplant, root stimulation, shock etc so think I'll stick with what I know now instead of being a sheep lol.
A wise man sees the truth. ST was pulled off the shelves circa 2007-ish because it was exposed for the fraud it is. It has regained its position of "won't grow without it" again for some reason. I chalk it up to being one of the best marketed products in history, on par with Coca Cola and Pepsi. Why pay for something that literally doesn't do anything? Because as @PK1 said, people don't like to be sold, but they like to buy.

Fudge

Fudge

A wise man sees the truth. ST was pulled off the shelves circa 2007-ish because it was exposed for the fraud it is. It has regained its position of "won't grow without it" again for some reason. I chalk it up to being one of the best marketed products in history, on par with Coca Cola and Pepsi. Why pay for something that literally doesn't do anything? Because as @PK1 said, people don't like to be sold, but they like to buy.
I used to watch cannacribs and it seemed every place he visited used it, I kept thinking, that's my missing secret ingredient to get the dank shit 😂😂 oh how I've wised up a lot this last year

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I used to watch cannacribs and it seemed every place he visited used it, I kept thinking, that's my missing secret ingredient to get the dank shit 😂😂 oh how I've wised up a lot this last year
I've been growing off and on for going on two decades. For years, I'd do monthly applications of ST, and every transplant. Now, I've realized it wasn't ST doing anything, it was my abilities that improved. When I was fumbling about, barely able to keep a cactus alive let alone a house plant, or a weed, alive, ST didn't help a damn bit. But, as I got better, ST was still there. Hence the placebo effect I mentioned. You get more functional, and it's easy to point at an additive as being the "fix all." That's all it is.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
lol, thanks for the credit but it was Jeffrey Gitomer who said it

growsince79

growsince79

Per what's on the label, it's not a hormone at all. Thiamine (B1) is not a hormone, nor is NAA. While Thiamine itself may influence root regeneration (Arizona State did a study on this and their results were inconclusive), NAA is the responsible component that impacts flowering -- it actually decreases crowning due to redirecting the plant's processes towards root regeneration vs crown development. Calling ST a rooting hormone is a misnomer and should be avoided. It's an additive that may or may not aid in a plant overcoming transplant shock. Nothing more.
NAA is a synthetic plant hormone in the auxin family and is an ingredient in many commercial plant rooting horticultural products; it is a rooting agent and used for the vegetative propagation of plants from stem and leaf cuttings. It is also used for plant tissue culture.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
NAA is a synthetic plant hormone in the auxin family and is an ingredient in many commercial plant rooting horticultural products; it is a rooting agent and used for the vegetative propagation of plants from stem and leaf cuttings. It is also used for plant tissue culture.
Appreciate the correction 👊

Doesn't change the fact that ST is all marketing and no punch. You do you, I like my kool aid a different flavor.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Though over the years I have seen super thrive give strength to ailing plants .....
Just as a one shot tonic

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Though over the years I have seen super thrive give strength to ailing plants .....
Just as a one shot tonic
That's where the question comes in. Is it the superthrive or a correction of other environmental variables that were accounted for/being monitored?

Top Bottom