They hate us cause they HortulANUS

• Thread starter Hortulanus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I’m curious about the seed. I looked the plants over and over the last few days and couldn’t find any nanners or balls plus it looks like it happened awhile ago. I did have the three males (J-B, Cookie C, LBBM x Cookies) by the tent and I may have been clumsy. Now if I only knew which male.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

For under $50 this thing is wonderful. Clear tube has to be replaced but I think this will help with the solo cup grow. I’ll probably end up using this to water my organic soil (cause finally no more damn runoff!!) I got a second one for my moms tent as well. Her next grow will be a no till SS from Stepwell so I think these programmable drippers will be helpful and I won’t have to drive over there to water them.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Got a Christmas gift. Cherry Gorilla IHG. The smoke is harsh but man it gets you blasted.
Do you think they used pgrs? 🤔🤣🤣
D3439B2C 9126 4471 98A6 F2C36147BE9B

I wouldn’t buy it but I didn’t have to. Plus I found a seed funny enough a male must have busted before they grabbed him out cause it’s mature.

beluga

beluga

Got a Christmas gift. Cherry Gorilla IHG. The smoke is harsh but man it gets you blasted.
Do you think they used pgrs? 🤔🤣🤣
View attachment 1073547
I wouldn’t buy it but I didn’t have to. Plus I found a seed funny enough a male must have busted before they grabbed him out cause it’s mature.
Herm mayhaps?

My Christmas-gifted dispensary weed just left me very... Finkle is Einhorn... or something.... 🤔

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Wtf is that?

it’s an ounce of bud that was dried and then vac packed. There’s a certain group of growers in Ontario doing it this way and it’s not great but I think good for business and people eat it up.

if you get it like this you can just pull it out of the pack and into jars to cure for a bit. The buds bounce back a bit after a week.

Last edited:
tobh

tobh

Supporter
No, it has a couple other compounds in it, but def not triacontanol. Per a quick google:

- B1 Vitamin
- 1-Napthyl acetic acid

Naphthylacetic acid (NAA) is also a commonly used auxin and often the active ingredient in commercial preparations.

There's something else too, but I'm having problems locating what it is. Either way, what it claims to do has never been confirmed. I think any effects people think it has are mostly a placebo effect, and the fact that it's mostly harmless (you won't kill anything with it) is why it's still found on store shelves.

growsince79

growsince79

No, it has a couple other compounds in it, but def not triacontanol. Per a quick google:

- B1 Vitamin
- 1-Napthyl acetic acid

Naphthylacetic acid (NAA) is also a commonly used auxin and often the active ingredient in commercial preparations.

There's something else too, but I'm having problems locating what it is. Either way, what it claims to do has never been confirmed. I think any effects people think it has are mostly a placebo effect, and the fact that it's mostly harmless (you won't kill anything with it) is why it's still found on store shelves.
Its a rooting hormone that sucks for making cuttings. But its absolutely not snake oil. It helps plants grow and maintain healthy roots. The only time its useful is for transplanting or to help fix plants with root rot. Too much will delay flowering.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Its a rooting hormone that sucks for making cuttings. But its absolutely not snake oil. It helps plants grow and maintain healthy roots. The only time its useful is for transplanting or to help fix plants with root rot. Too much will delay flowering.
Per what's on the label, it's not a hormone at all. Thiamine (B1) is not a hormone, nor is NAA. While Thiamine itself may influence root regeneration (Arizona State did a study on this and their results were inconclusive), NAA is the responsible component that impacts flowering -- it actually decreases crowning due to redirecting the plant's processes towards root regeneration vs crown development. Calling ST a rooting hormone is a misnomer and should be avoided. It's an additive that may or may not aid in a plant overcoming transplant shock. Nothing more.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

- B1 Vitamin
- 1-Napthyl acetic acid

I haven’t used it lately and I don’t plan on using it.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Carnivorous Plant Newsletter 24 LOOKING FOR HORTICULTURAL EFFECTS OF SUPERTHRIVE™ON NEPENTHES

Results of the above linked study, in case the PDF disappears:

Despite several months of research involving 184 cuttings and several species of plants, wewere unable to detect any beneficial effects from SUPERthrive™ on the success rates of ourNepenthescuttings, or on the growth rate of our established Nepenthesplants. We cannot excludethe possibility that SUPERthrive™ has subtle effects, but these were not observable in ourexperiments. This being the case, why is it that some of the finest Nepenthes horticulturists embrace SUPERthrive™ with such gusto?

It might be that when horticulturists apply SUPERthrive™,they do so in a way that is beneficial to their plants, and in which the presence of SUPERthrive™is irrelevant. For example, when a grower plunges freshly made cuttings into a water bath (as inExperiment II), the harmful effects of cavitation are being abated. During the course of this experiment, we learned that a water soak encourages our cuttings to root, so water soaks with-out SUPERthrive™ are now standard practice for us. Similarly, we learned that weekly sprinklings of water (as in Experiment III) improved the growth of our Nepenthes, whether or not SUPERthrive™ is included in the water.

Nepenthes plants have variable growth rates, and this can confound horticultural experi-ments. For example, in the population of N.×superba, we observed a range of growth rateswhich varied by as much as a factor of 7.7 within the same experimental groups. This variabili-ty produced enormous standard deviations in our statistics. They might also fool horticulturists into thinking that a treatment method, which might have no value, is having a large effect.

While not being directly related to cannabis, plants are plants at the end of the day. If it works for someone, more power to them. I'd personally rather spend my money on verified additives, not an iconic product with excellent marketing.

Top Bottom