Hey hort , I like your cobs , I'm running some new optic 8 cobs
With pretty good success
The lights ....

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Hey hort , I like your cobs , I'm running some new optic 8 cobs
With pretty good success
The lights ....

Do you use them in flower as well? I’m thinking about buying another one of the lights I have for flower. Ultimately I’d love HID but I’m worried about heat.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Do you use them in flower as well? I’m thinking about buying another one of the lights I have for flower. Ultimately I’d love HID but I’m worried about heat.
Hey Hort , yea I use the cobs for flower , but most of my flower time is outdoor ( weather permitting ) these days , but I really love my old HID for some reason , nostalgia , maybe or superstition .....
But I feel like I always had great results with my MH / HPS lamps

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Hey Hort , yea I use the cobs for flower , but most of my flower time is outdoor ( weather permitting ) these days , but I really love my old HID for some reason , nostalgia , maybe or superstition .....
But I feel like I always had great results with my MH / HPS lamps

When I first grew indoor I was younger and there was no way to get my plants to flower with any real success using LED. So maybe it’s my dumb Luddite mind that has me nostalgic about HID but I guess we will see!

It’s good to know you're liking the cobs. I have definitely noticed the canopy penetration advantage over the old blurple lights.

Which area are you in that outdoors is an option? I’m in Toronto, Canada so I only have September and October for flowering outdoors unless I cover them and I ain’t got that level of discipline lol

dire wolf

dire wolf

When I first grew indoor I was younger and there was no way to get my plants to flower with any real success using LED. So maybe it’s my dumb Luddite mind that has me nostalgic about HID but I guess we will see!

It’s good to know you're liking the cobs. I have definitely noticed the canopy penetration advantage over the old blurple lights.

Which area are you in that outdoors is an option? I’m in Toronto, Canada so I only have September and October for flowering outdoors unless I cover them and I ain’t got that level of discipline lol
Tropics
Only thing that slows me down is hurricane season , and that ends mid November

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Tropics
Only thing that slows me down is hurricane season , and that ends mid November

I lived near the equator awhile and saw a couple hurricanes and I still envy you. I always ask myself... why did people settle where it gets so cold? Then I realized I followed a girl up here lol

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

So do you like classics or why the latin name?

I thought picking the name of a medieval alchemist to be pretty bad ass. Plus I am a gardener lol

how’d you know it was Latin? Classical studies in school?

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Set my mom up tonight with a 2.3x2.3x5.5’ grow tent kit tonight. She cooked me dinner and I set it up.
it dope to see legalization change mindsets. My dad grew in the 70’s bit hasn’t smoked since and he was asking so many questions. My mom wants to grow her own so I’ve got her babying 4 Plat. GSC X ? And we will pick two to take to flower.
52ABE810 ABAD 40A4 8D2C 114A8520A157
B9134AC2 5278 4FA4 A588 0A5307CD7F1D

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I thought picking the name of a medieval alchemist to be pretty bad ass. Plus I am a gardener lol

how’d you know it was Latin? Classical studies in school?
Enough dabbling to notice the end of the word and see "hort" and think "I bet that's gardener singular." I stare at words a lot.

But I did not know it was a name of a medieval alchemist!

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Got a fan into the tent tonight. Found this Dyson humidifier in my storage unit. Might be a bit over kill but it’s what I have for the time being. I have it set to a very low setting but it also doubles as a humidifier which kicks on automatically.

Grow medium has changed 🤦🏽‍♂️. I got my mom a bale of pro-mix HP and I guess now we are both using it.
Never used before any tips?

75B3DB98 0AA7 4E40 BA91 CC8BE13687E1

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey hort , I use a lot of pro mix , keep in mind it's nothing like coco , it may look similar in the dry bale but don't be fooled and don't apply any coco technique to a pro mix grow .
Pro mix will hold water for days or more with a single watering ....
I usually add another 20 % more perlite to my younger plant mix ...
You can add dry fertilizer to a promix or use the more common liquid frets like " dyna grow " I've had a lot of luck with the dyna grow products

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Hey hort , I use a lot of pro mix , keep in mind it's nothing like coco , it may look similar in the dry bale but don't be fooled and don't apply any coco technique to a pro mix grow .
Pro mix will hold water for days or more with a single watering ....
I usually add another 20 % more perlite to my younger plant mix ...
You can add dry fertilizer to a promix or use the more common liquid frets like " dyna grow " I've had a lot of luck with the dyna grow products
I’m glad you said that cause I thought it looked a lot like coco. So it looks like coco but waters like soil?

I think I’m going to do liquid ferts so I’ll check out the dyno grow. See if I can get it up here.

do you add an additional 20% perlite to the hp?

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Looking good. Cant wait to see how these lights work out for you.
I am planning to add a light when I switch to bloom. Possibly add another of the same or invest in something better depending on my fiancées mood and our available funds when that day comes.

Although this one should be giving me 30w/sqft already but I just don’t have faith in LEDs (cheap ones like mine)yet I guess

dire wolf

dire wolf

I’m glad you said that cause I thought it looked a lot like coco. So it looks like coco but waters like soil?

I think I’m going to do liquid ferts so I’ll check out the dyno grow. See if I can get it up here.

do you add an additional 20% perlite to the hp?
Hey H , I add it to the regular promix blend ......

Top Bottom