Thinking about moving to California

• Thread starter Toomp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Toomp

Thinking about moving California any advice?

Heres what it is im thinking about taking the leap and move to california. Im going to make this one a bit diffrent. I made the thread because the others are a bit dated and things may have changed since then. I want to know how it is out there to actually live. I want to transfer my job but I do want to grow and be a vendor and if it makes life easier a care giver.

I know the price per # has changed and its alot cheaper and a fairly un-experienced grower ould get far less. I personally would be happy with 1500$ if I end up with more then I need for myself.Is this a good range for maybe mid grade top shelf names for some of the dispensaries? Is it fairly easy to build some income from?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Dispensaries do not buy mid grade...and it is a huge risk and if you don't know what your doin it it is goin to be damn hard to move into the land of the weed gods and build income with mid grade gear

Blaze

Blaze

I'd have to agree with Texas Kid and EVOKE. If its mid grade, don't even bother, it won't be likely to sell, period. California, especially Northern California has the most flooded market in the entire country. A lot of growers get far less than 1500 now, even for A grade outdoor or greenhouse. I also would NOT count on selling to dispensaries, they pay crap prices, and that is IF they even will take it. Plus a lot of them are run my scam artists and crooks, I know far more people that have gotten screwed by selling 'legally' than have been screwed selling on the black market. Personally I would not waste my time dealing with them, it is always more hassle than it is worth unless you have a personal connection with the people running it and know they won't screw you over.

Unless you already have an established market for your product before you move, you are going to have a rough time. If you already have a good job that you can transfer out here, then you will fare better than most. I would recommend you get your real job established first to pay your bills, do not rely on making income off your grow at first. You should look at your grow as a hobby with the potential to make money, that way if things do not work out as well as you hoped you won't end up broke and destitute. Do not do what I have seen a lot of idiots do and move out here expecting to have to do a minimal amount of work and make a ton of money your first year. It takes time, money, diligence, and patience to make it work and a lot of folks just aren't cut out for it.

Not trying to discourage you if this is really what you want to do, but just be aware of what you are getting yourself into.

T

Toomp

Dispensaries do not buy mid grade...and it is a huge risk and if you don't know what your doin it it is goin to be damn hard to move into the land of the weed gods and build income with mid grade gear
well from what I understand 90% of what the dispensary has is midgrade. I see better looking buds on here. AAA to me was the KO Kush I had here, and the Extrema I grew. It was much better then the Bubba Kush I got from a dispensary. However The dispensary buds looked much better. I do not know how to make it look that way so I just consider it mids. I only use dyna to keep it simple and easy. It wont yeild much with it. It dosent give the appearance but I cant afford to screw up a crop being ambitious. A that looks without testing may give less but a club that test will surely give something but may not charge as much because it dosent look as great as the pictures I see here. But it can compete in performance. I am a underrated type person so I will never walk in say its mids or the holy grail

T

Toomp

I'd have to agree with Texas Kid and EVOKE. If its mid grade, don't even bother, it won't be likely to sell, period. California, especially Northern California has the most flooded market in the entire country. A lot of growers get far less than 1500 now, even for A grade outdoor or greenhouse. I also would NOT count on selling to dispensaries, they pay crap prices, and that is IF they even will take it. Plus a lot of them are run my scam artists and crooks, I know far more people that have gotten screwed by selling 'legally' than have been screwed selling on the black market. Personally I would not waste my time dealing with them, it is always more hassle than it is worth unless you have a personal connection with the people running it and know they won't screw you over.

Unless you already have an established market for your product before you move, you are going to have a rough time. If you already have a good job that you can transfer out here, then you will fare better than most. I would recommend you get your real job established first to pay your bills, do not rely on making income off your grow at first. You should look at your grow as a hobby with the potential to make money, that way if things do not work out as well as you hoped you won't end up broke and destitute. Do not do what I have seen a lot of idiots do and move out here expecting to have to do a minimal amount of work and make a ton of money your first year. It takes time, money, diligence, and patience to make it work and a lot of folks just aren't cut out for it.

Not trying to discourage you if this is really what you want to do, but just be aware of what you are getting yourself into.
Im not discouraged. I have a Job which Started in California in the 1800s. I can pick anywere. It wont be my main source of income, it will just be gravy. Even 1k per # will satisfy me, because it satisfied me in the early 90s even though I did much less work then. But nothing will makes you feel achievement like getting paid for your labor

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Im not discouraged. I have a Job which Started in California in the 1800s. I can pick anywere. It wont be my main source of income, it will just be gravy. Even 1k per # will satisfy me, because it satisfied me in the early 90s even though I did much less work then. But nothing will makes you feel achievement like getting paid for your labor
Have you ever been to California?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
yea i have
If your feeling the change, DO IT! But 3 months of work and time & energy $...to charge 1k for a # will be a labor of love. Unless it's outdoor...

T

Toomp

mids sell for trim prices... u gotta get up on game and run AAA... the market is flooded here in cali.... look into nevada as they legalized dispensaries... there popping up like pimples on prom nite... best of luck...
my part time job did offer me a position in Vegas. Is the format like California?
my full time job has positions in vegas as well. that might work better because I can keep both jobs

the rrock

the rrock

well from what I understand 90% of what the dispensary has is midgrade. I see better looking buds on here. AAA to me was the KO Kush I had here, and the Extrema I grew. It was much better then the Bubba Kush I got from a dispensary. However The dispensary buds looked much better. I do not know how to make it look that way so I just consider it mids. I only use dyna to keep it simple and easy. It wont yeild much with it. It dosent give the appearance but I cant afford to screw up a crop being ambitious. A that looks without testing may give less but a club that test will surely give something but may not charge as much because it dosent look as great as the pictures I see here. But it can compete in performance. I am a underrated type person so I will never walk in say its mids or the holy grail
Bay area dispensaries are geared toward top shelf AAA,mid grade dont sell

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Why would anyone want to put all that hard work, money and time into growing mid grade? Hell if I try out a new strain and it turns out mid grade it becomes hash at best! There are a few strains I would grow because of flavor or the type of high is different but that would only be for personal smoke.

N

nightmarecreature

Fuck dispensaries! Grow bud better than them and sell it on the streets for the same price. It takes longer to sell, but just sit on it, it cures better anyway. It's flooded here but a lot of it is poo! Avid, spider mite, PM infested crap! I've seen PM bud going for $60 an 1/8th lol!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Another thread about someone who has more or less already made up their minds. From the conversation, it sounds like the guy has already made the decision; he was just looking for confirmation.

IMHO, the boom is over in Cali- defined by newcomers being able to enter the market easily, the boom has moved on and if you want to make good money in the marijuana business you need to go someplace it isn't so saturated.

Ever heard of a car company making a fortune importing cars TO Detroit? How 'bout hauling coal TO West Virginia or Wyoming? Salmon To Alaska? My point is simple; if you want to be in business for yourself, find the MOST important ingredient first; no, not product... CUSTOMERS!

T

Toomp

I have two jobs, I dont need to get rich of it thats what my 401k is for. I just want to make some profit.
When I went to LA i didnt see so many negative people. Post some positive about it.
Yes the housing market isnt the same a house sits for 90 days or more now but it still gets sold. I understand you all are use to 6500 a p
but im use to 1k a p Im not greedy I dont need to take over the world, I just want to grow potent even tho it may not look the same with the crystals painting your finger tips when you touch it

Latest posts

Top Bottom