Thinking about moving to California

• Thread starter Toomp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EVOKE

EVOKE

come out here and enjoy cali do ur thing....natural is right find good genetics so. cal is all about OG...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
What does the light cost in LA? just curious...out here in Colorado your lookin at about $75 per month per 1k for the light only...how does that stack against LA?

ttystikk

ttystikk

I would not want to live and grow in these NorCal areas if I had kids, especially young ones.

UN.FUCKING.BELIEVABLE. This is like reading about forced sterilization in the 1970s, performed on young black women out of wedlock and the 'retarded'.

This breaks their own laws! That search warrant was insufficient and any public pretender would know that- are they on the take, somehow?! FEDERAL INCENTIVES UP TO $8000 PER CHILD TO WRECK FAMILIES?!

Wow. I'm amazed there hasn't been a shootout over someone's kids being taken.

What these counties are doing is despicable in every sense of the word. These sheriffs need to be dragged out if their own homes and have THEIR kids taken at the barrel of semi automatic weapons and see how much THEY fucking like it!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
so you grow for free. Noble Idea
Huh?
I really wish I knew what the hell you were talking about. I follow everybody else but you....
That's interesting, because based on your responses, I don't think you're following what the others are saying at all. And then you go on to choose Long Beach or Huntington as where you're going to get this done...? Ok!
I did the math for LA I know what it cost for lights. I also know Yall do grow for free dont yall. that $1.68 a gram for any kind of bud means your not in your sons life and hes failing because you allowed him to. .He may as well grow apples. And make more. Thanks for your advice man but I cant really follow you. A tine percocet cost 3x more then a gram of your kids bud. Log off an go help him. Thank you for offering.
Where did that come from? Straight up, that's an asshole response to some pretty good advice freely offered. I hope you can understand that much. Maybe you want to invest a little more in your education, eh? Work on the reading comprehension issues, perhaps.

Start with this--it is illegal (as in a felony, with minimum mandatory sentencing an' ever'thang) to cultivate marijuana for profit.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What does the light cost in LA? just curious...out here in Colorado your lookin at about $75 per month per 1k for the light only...how does that stack against LA?
Los Angeles proper uses LADWP (Los Angeles Department of Water & Power). Their rates are MUCH lower, drastically lower, than what you'll get anywhere else in the basin that's served by SoCal Edison. Out in that territory it's going to be more like double, say a buck and a half per thouie, and that's before you hit teiring/tiered rates.

UN.FUCKING.BELIEVABLE. This is like reading about forced sterilization in the 1970s, performed on young black women out of wedlock and the 'retarded'.

This breaks their own laws! That search warrant was insufficient and any public pretender would know that- are they on the take, somehow?! FEDERAL INCENTIVES UP TO $8000 PER CHILD TO WRECK FAMILIES?!

Wow. I'm amazed there hasn't been a shootout over someone's kids being taken.

What these counties are doing is despicable in every sense of the word. These sheriffs need to be dragged out if their own homes and have THEIR kids taken at the barrel of semi automatic weapons and see how much THEY fucking like it!
It breaks California's laws, but not federal laws. Pretty amazing and maddening, isn't it? And it's why I flat out refused to grow while my kids were underage. Even the one who should grow apples, whatever the fuck that means.

ttystikk

ttystikk

It breaks California's laws, but not federal laws. Pretty amazing and maddening, isn't it? And it's why I flat out refused to grow while my kids were underage. Even the one who should grow apples, whatever the fuck that means.

They will get the living shit sued out of them- and defending themselves against it will cost far more than they ever gained doing this- but who cares? It's the taxpayer's dollar, and there's always more where that came from!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, I wish I could say this is true. Unfortunately, what was demonstrated is a very real trend, one that most of these parents are unable to fight. While our own patient advocacy group does offer some help with stuff like legal expenses, we just don't bring in enough via cash donations to, say, get someone an attorney on retainer, which is what Savannah Lackey really needs, IMO.

And yes, it is the taxpayer dollar that's going for this stuff.

fractal

fractal

Im not discouraged. I have a Job which Started in California in the 1800s. I can pick anywere. It wont be my main source of income, it will just be gravy. Even 1k per # will satisfy me, because it satisfied me in the early 90s even though I did much less work then. But nothing will makes you feel achievement like getting paid for your labor
California DEFINITELY does not need folks like you who will be happy to undercut the market and fuck over the native Cali born growers, just because you don't care. That is a good enough reason to stay where you are.

T

Toomp

Start with this--it is illegal (as in a felony, with minimum mandatory sentencing an' ever'thang) to cultivate marijuana for profit.
They see me trollin they hatin 782

T

Toomp

come out here and enjoy cali do ur thing....natural is right find good genetics so. cal is all about OG...
Im looking forward to it. I can run all OG's and a few other things I been working on.
California DEFINITELY does not need folks like you who will be happy to undercut the market and fuck over the native Cali born growers, just because you don't care. That is a good enough reason to stay where you are.
Im not that smart bro, I really wish I could re invent the wheel. Its already being done. But even if you happen to be my neighbor Im sure you could get 10k per block of your resin soaked crystally sticky icky triple og ibl big bud, while I my 6 months pure indoor haze will only bring in 700. I hear you cali guys are the old masters of growing. No worries :)

fractal

fractal

I've done the long flowering neville's haze thing before, 'twas a nightmare getting rid of it. Oh well, more for me. I let that shit cure in a cooler for 1.5 years, by then it was coming off the stem like butter and the flavors had reached perfection. Let me tell you, NOTHING compares to haze cured 1 year or more. So smooth I was smoking bowls of neville's dry sift from my bong circular breathing style. . . Not even coming up for air for 30 minutes at a time. Fucking A man that is living. For real though. . . You are not going to be making friends in Cali, unloading units for pennies on the dollar and maybe worse than that. All you will be doing, is making some dispensary owner even more wealthy for doing nothing. Don't do it, take market rates or else don't tell anybody that you are undercutting their business just to be a smartass.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I had some out of state friends in Arcata that used to grow for themselves and a little extra to sell and pay some bills..at one point they decided that they were goin to blow it up and really make some money..they were about 4 months in their new venture when they got knock on the door..not cops but a group of local growers, hometown boys, big ol boys, they were told in no uncertain terms to scale back and stay out of their market or suffer the wrath of some pretty rough lookin cats...the guy and his wife decide it wasn't worth and ass beatin, gettin the cops called on them, or gettin their house destroyed so the followed the suggestion.....sometimes the market self corrects, just want to be on the right side when it does...

N

nightmarecreature

Move to Cali, collect good genetics, then leave and move to a non med state. Somewhere rural but within an hours distance to a city. I lived in Arkansas for a year, the weed was rather terrible. I could have made a killing.

The worst part about Cali is its overcrowded. The houses in LA for the most part, many of them are old. It's like living in a Cracker Jack box. I couldn't imagine growing with no property, the smell even with carbon filters can get out of control. I prefer the deserts, nice houses at a decent price and more space. Hot weather in the summer and freezing in the winter, along with long drives with little traffic are the downsides.

There are a few options for making money in Cali.
#1 sell on the streets.
#2 By units of indoor in N Cal, then drive them out of state.
#3 Grow your own and drive them out of state.
#4 pickup good genetics here, practice growing and move somewhere else.

dirk d

dirk d

Cali been calling my name for years :) Only thing is that my patients love my Meds and would probably cut my legs off if i wanted to leave lol If you have a dream then follow it. doesn't matter if you fall flat on your face.

Now that being said, if you're a shit grower then why not just focus on your job and grow some personal and take your time enjoying those Cali hotties. Huntington is where i'll be :) You could show them your mid grade and see if they want to smoke it.. one step at a time grasshopper..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cali been calling my name for years :) Only thing is that my patients love my Meds and would probably cut my legs off if i wanted to leave lol If you have a dream then follow it. doesn't matter if you fall flat on your face.

Now that being said, if you're a shit grower then why not just focus on your job and grow some personal and take your time enjoying those Cali hotties. Huntington is where i'll be :) You could show them your mid grade and see if they want to smoke it.. one step at a time grasshopper..
Folks like me would welcome folks like yourself with open arms, dirk.

I spent a *lot* of time down in Huntington Beach. It's not everything it's cracked up to be, especially where the po-po are concerned. I like places like Ocean Beach in San Diego much better. If I hadn't been popped for a joint when I was 16yo down at Newport Beach, I might suggest that place, but hey, I'm sure you understand. I got in so much trouble with my mom, and it wasn't even my joint!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I had some out of state friends in Arcata that used to grow for themselves and a little extra to sell and pay some bills..at one point they decided that they were goin to blow it up and really make some money..they were about 4 months in their new venture when they got knock on the door..not cops but a group of local growers, hometown boys, big ol boys, they were told in no uncertain terms to scale back and stay out of their market or suffer the wrath of some pretty rough lookin cats...the guy and his wife decide it wasn't worth and ass beatin, gettin the cops called on them, or gettin their house destroyed so the followed the suggestion.....sometimes the market self corrects, just want to be on the right side when it does...
ahhh, the old home field advantage...I had to have the talk with a neighbor one time up in Humby when they were getting sloppy....they were from LA, ended up burning the fukn house down. Humboldt is way way way overrated...lmao

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm glad the people with crazy weed fever still want to go to California. Saves me the hassle here in Colorado!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I've done the long flowering neville's haze thing before, 'twas a nightmare getting rid of it. Oh well, more for me. I let that shit cure in a cooler for 1.5 years, by then it was coming off the stem like butter and the flavors had reached perfection. Let me tell you, NOTHING compares to haze cured 1 year or more. So smooth I was smoking bowls of neville's dry sift from my bong circular breathing style. . . Not even coming up for air for 30 minutes at a time. Fucking A man that is living. For real though. . . You are not going to be making friends in Cali, unloading units for pennies on the dollar and maybe worse than that. All you will be doing, is making some dispensary owner even more wealthy for doing nothing. Don't do it, take market rates or else don't tell anybody that you are undercutting their business just to be a smartass.
talk is cheap, let him grow herb for $$$ and sell it for $$. He isn't going to ruin anybodies market, rofl

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I mean a pound every 3 months at a cheap cost isn't going to ruin the market, lmao

Blaze

Blaze

talk is cheap, let him grow herb for $$$ and sell it for $$. He isn't going to ruin anybodies market, rofl

Haha very true. Plus the locals are doing and have done a lot more damage to the market than the imported folks in my opinion. There are a lot of old school growers out here, who have been doing it for 20-30 years and think they are the super-bad ass master growers producing the top of the line dank, when in reality all they do is churn out hundreds and thousands of pounds of schwag. There is a lot of really good bud grown in California, some of the best you can find anywhere, but there is a heck of a lot mass produced garbage being grown that gets sold out of state as well. It's not the guy moving out here to grow 25 plants in his back yard or running a few 1k lights that has ruined the market, it's the dude who has 8 properties with 99 plants on each churning, out a few thousand pounds of shitty bud that they sell for $1,000 or less because that's all the can get for their crappy product.

Top Bottom