Thinking of lowering numbers (advice please)

• Thread starter Star
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Star

Star

Hello fellow growers, I am thinking of lowering my numbers next run. I currently run a SOG with 99 plants in this room under two HPS 1000's, strain OG Kush. That said my yields fluctuate from 1 to 1 1/2 pounds per light. I was curious if i were to drop my number of plants down, would that allow for more substantial growth per plant? and possibly the same if not higher yield? I have a friend who runs same set up and less plant numbers per light, yet averages about 2 pounds per light. i was thinking of maybe doing 25 per light or up to 40 per light in this room. Please send me some helpful tips and feedback, it would be much appreciated.

EVOKE

EVOKE

wow 99 plants with 2 lights... way to many plants for only two lights...25 per light would be better...

EVOKE

EVOKE

that depends if you have ur plants dialed in... which og are u running..

EVOKE

EVOKE

its best to veg under mh your plants will get bushier... how long do u veg for..... what nutes are u running..

Star

Star

general hydroponics neuts, flora nectar during bloom and super bud blaster powder. my quality is very high, its just my yield i want to increase. i have two treys in the same room sometimes so i dont use mh in that room

Star

Star

sorry, i miss informed you my babies are vegd before i get them and hps them for 8 weeks.

Star

Star

the room im talking about is my flowering room were i have 200 plants in 2 treys each trey under 2 1000 bulbs. i can post pics but I'm kind of a unfamiliar with how to do that.

Star

Star

IMG 1768

Week 6, 100 under 2 lights all pure og kush

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Looks like you did great.

to increase your yield, you could just veg them for few weeks more

and Maybe Prune the lower small buds off that dont get light

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

ummm......thats clearly 4 lights. and your growing "og kush".......does something seem a little odd to anyone else.....

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

CO2 to increase yield

clean ALL the lower stuff off, the lower 60%

If it is true OG you will need to get a stronger trellis system if you plan on growing larger buds

I have ran 120 per 4x8 bed and pulled 5lbs

It's all about veg time
and..
Get yourself some CAP's bennies

Star

Star

ya the 4 light set up was another room i posted to show how well that one did in the same exact environment. The room im questioning is the 4x8 trey under the two lights. So when is a good time to start pruning off the lower nodes and when is a good time to stop the pruning process? i never used to prune much only a little here and there to improve airflow and tucking some leaves to get light to buds. GR33NL3af, I would like some more details about your set up if you have some pics that would be helpful. i was told by my guy that Co2 doesn't make that big of a difference, so he strayed me away from spending the money on a unit. "Stronger Trellis system?" can you describe exactly what you recommend please? thank you all for your input its highly appreciated.

lostnfound02

lostnfound02

ya the 4 light set up was another room i posted to show how well that one did in the same exact environment. The room im questioning is the 4x8 trey under the two lights. So when is a good time to start pruning off the lower nodes and when is a good time to stop the pruning process? i never used to prune much only a little here and there to improve airflow and tucking some leaves to get light to buds. GR33NL3af, I would like some more details about your set up if you have some pics that would be helpful. i was told by my guy that Co2 doesn't make that big of a difference, so he strayed me away from spending the money on a unit. "Stronger Trellis system?" can you describe exactly what you recommend please? thank you all for your input its highly appreciated.

Depending what type of OG's you are running. I usually take off the bottom nodes around 2-3 weeks in flowering. Any thing under the net must go and I just let it grow. Try it on a couple and see how they respond. 99 plants is alot under 2 lights imo. How long do you usually veg for?

Star

Star

i veg till there all about 8 inch's tall then flower, they usually finish at about a 5 ft high.

Star

Star

im worried of shocking the plants, it seems like a lot of trimming. i suppose i can try it on a few and see how they respond. you think if i lower my plant numbers i will possibly get better growth, not as many plants feeding and more light absorption per plant may result in the same yield and less cost for me on clones

Top Bottom