Thinking of using UV light

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Mystic,
Just saw your note. No. The plants were not dosed like that at all. Bear in mind the dose used in that research is typical of the UV radiation found in its naturel clime. I'll send you the same info I'm sending to 2Bad and Jmike.

Zill.
Oh yeah? What climate is that? Cannabis grows in the tropics all the way up to the tops of mountains. At the equator and in Alaska. In areas with dense clouds and bluebird skies. In Australia where there is a hole in the ozone layer and ... ah never mind.

Z

Zill

Correct Moe.Red. UV-A, UV-B or UV-C represents a range of wavelengths.

Origins: I am talking about Mongolia and higher climes where the atm is thin and UV tends to be stronger. Tracing back genetic origins now of all the cannabis strains being created - good luck. The point is I saw the work and the results.

Ultraviolet AUV‑A315–4003.10–3.94,0.497–0.631Long-wave UV, black light, not absorbed by the ozone layer: soft UV.
Ultraviolet BUV‑B280–3153.94–4.43,0.631–0.710Medium-wave UV, mostly absorbed by the ozone layer: intermediate UV; Dorno radiation.
Ultraviolet CUV‑C100–2804.43–12.4,0.710–1.987Short-wave UV, germicidal UV, ionizing radiation at shorter wavelengths, completely absorbed by the ozone layer and atmosphere: hard UV.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I'll be honest I've been lost since you starting citing your research. I'm not that smart.
9DD3EDF6 2028 4EC5 9676 3A080127424C

Zill under the bridge😂😂😂

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

You've been praying on his downfall...so mean. 😏
Well come on, if an artist decided to get a job at a tattoo shop and starting spewing on this knowledge about tattooing that they read online but has no tattoo’s themselves, it would rub every tattoo artist the wrong way😂
Edit- and I don’t know why but I think zill is a woman lol

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

@Zill I've got UVA, UVB, and UVC (uvc is for post grow sanitizing) in my tent. The UVA is part of my grower's choice bloom bars. It also has UVB. I also bought 54W t-5 uvb reptile lights since I don't have the kind of timing control I want with the UVB in the bloom bars (I can turn it off by flipping a toggle switch). I'll be running the reptile lights on a different timer. I'm still at least a month away from actively using them but its all here ... I just have to get it all set up.

Any suggestions on the best ways to utilize the UVB? What I've been told is you start slow at about mid flower and gradually increase the amount of UVB the plants are getting. At the end of flower, those lights might be on for 4 hrs during the middle of the light cycle. Does this sound correct?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

2bad and JMike,
I think one of you mentioned you are using UV now. If you can send me the bulb rating,

Mystic,
Just saw your note. No. The plants were not dosed like that at all. Bear in mind the dose used in that research is typical of the UV radiation found in its naturel clime. I'll send you the same info I'm sending to 2Bad and Jmike.

Zill.
I'm familiar with the original article. Like many here, it's on my hard drive. It was shown that UVB increased THC in leaves in vegging plants. That is no one's goal today, that was a starting point. The Lydon article isn't a "how-to" for cannabis growers, it's basic research.

shaganja

shaganja

I use agromax uv. Year 4 I think. I turn them on for 4 hours in middle of day, to replicate mid day sun. I began turning them on at the beginning of flower, but seems to change expression of whole garden. It felt like they all changed to a thcv/sativa type high. Ran a quantum kush. Strain is supposed to be calm and for anxiety. But she didnt come out this way. She was upbeat, and more like an aggressive o.g. now I wait until the last 3 weeks. So they express the way they are described to do. Then let the uvb stress the plant. It seems to make tricomes grow longer, and curl in. I wish I took pics. I get sandier baggies, for sure. I have noticed a difference.
Anything closer than 2 foot above canopy burns em, and you, if you are working when they are on. Lol I've burned the back of my neck. You can feel it get hot fast. I will continue to use them. Am also experimenting with thcv expressions using them. I feel they are related.

M

MasterWatererJeff

Top Bottom