Third Grow. First Journal. Reserva Privada Sour OG Kush Feminized.

• Thread starter ClassV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuckchill

chuckchill

it
Thanks for stopping by Churchchill! Both plants have been topped and then tied down in a four way LST. I flipped to 12/12 when the taller one reached 10". Interesting that yours were heavy feeders. These girls are light feeders, which I found out the hard way when I burned em. Then they seemed unhappy with the nitrogen content so I dialed that back a tad. They bounced back once I got it dialed in and have been going gangbusters ever since!

Thanks for the insights into the strain. There is not a lot of info out there from folks that have actually grown these out, which is one reason I figured I'd do a journal.
s 1,of the best logs iv EVER read on here:-) cheers 4, sharing.
CHUCK CHILL:-)LOL. NOT CHURCH HILL:-)
PEACE.C.C:-)

RG420

RG420

Nice to here peps having good experiences with em! Iv now got 5 up and at em to select a keeper! Might keep both leaners

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

everything looks good except for the burn on the leaves of the left one. jolly good show. thread watched.

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks for stopping in MrRightBrain! Yeah, this strain captured my interest and I was interested in seeing what's cooking at RP.

Last edited:
ClassV

ClassV

Thanks for stopping by bagseedwndrs! Yeah... I toasted them pretty good in week four. No burn on the foliage now though.

ClassV

ClassV

Day 12 of Flowering and these girls have already more than doubled in height. 20.5 inches for one, and 18.5 inches for the other. Hope they slow down! :eek: I might have to investigate "pinching."

Still feeding at around .7 EC and they are doing fine. Can't believe how light these things feed. I'd give em more, but they don't want it. At least not yet.

ClassV

ClassV

What up, RG? Sorry for the photo quality. The MH kind of washes it out. These are from this evening. 41 days from sprout and day 12 of flowering.
IMG 01021
IMG 01051

RG420

RG420

Great work man they look happy as F**k :D How much more head room ya got? Looks like they defo like to stretch! Iv noticed mine like the cooler temps.

ClassV

ClassV

It's a 3 x 3 x 6 foot tent. With the light hood, carbon filter, and the height of the 2gal smart pots, I have about 3 1/2 feet to work with more or less if I want to keep them at a decent distance from the light. I learned this from my first grow. The tallest is at around 21 inches as of yesterday. My aim is to bring my plants in between 2 to 2 1/2 feet, so I still have some room to play with. But if they keep going like this, I may consider the pinching route. There seem to be a lot of growers that will super crop early in flower. The problem with pinching the mains is that I still have to move the plants to feed them. Might be a little risky. I could also tie them down a bit more. For now I'll watch and wait.

I was not sure how they would respond after the LST. Would it impact their height in a way I did not want? Evidently I did not have to worry about that!!!

Funny that you mention the cooler temps. I have noticed the same thing. They seem really happy in the low 70s F.

ClassV

ClassV

Just wanted to add that my first two grows were with Nirvana gear, and they treated me right. But these things are a whole other level of vigorous. So far I have nothing but praise for RP. As to the hermie reports on this strain... this grow was compromised from the git-go by grower-error. So if these things do go down the hermie road, the grower, not the breeder, is the cuplrit.

H

happy b

I agree with you about nirvana class V.i used to use nirvana wen i first started growing and they wer only£10 for ten beans.i had very high femal to male ratios,usually 7/8 fems out a ten pack.one time i put on ten nirvana(dont remember which strain)to germ,8popped and everysingle plant was fem.but what i did notice about all the nirvana strains i grew(except ak48) is that if theres a problem in your grow room eg pests,molds,stress ect..all the nirvana gear wer affected first and usually worse than other strains i was useing from different breeders.you get wat you pay for i suppose but they served me well i must admit.you wer never too pissed off if you fucked em up coz they wer only pennies

ClassV

ClassV

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Happy. I am beginning to see the point that you and other growers make concerning genetics. You indeed get what you pay for.

Just measured the girls, and they are at 23" and 20" respectively, and the stalks on the mains are fairly stout. That's an inch and a half in one day for the tall girl! :eek:

H

happy b

It's a 3 x 3 x 6 foot tent. With the light hood, carbon filter, and the height of the 2gal smart pots, I have about 3 1/2 feet to work with more or less if I want to keep them at a decent distance from the light. I learned this from my first grow. The tallest is at around 21 inches as of yesterday. My aim is to bring my plants in between 2 to 2 1/2 feet, so I still have some room to play with. But if they keep going like this, I may consider the pinching route. There seem to be a lot of growers that will super crop early in flower. The problem with pinching the mains is that I still have to move the plants to feed them. Might be a little risky. I could also tie them down a bit more. For now I'll watch and wait.

I was not sure how they would respond after the LST. Would it impact their height in a way I did not want? Evidently I did not have to worry about that!!!

Funny that you mention the cooler temps. I have noticed the same thing. They seem really happy in the low 70s F.
I never super crop in flowering unkess its a long flowering sativa.iv found that pinching,supercropping and shit can hav a detrimental affect on the way your plants grow if they arnt given sufficient veg time after cropping before being put to bloom.iv saw plants that usually grow big colas growing fucked up coz they never had time to grow back into a proper position befor induceing bloom.i lst a little if my plants are growing into the light during flower.but to each ther own.thats just what iv found.best to take your own advice and just wait n see.good luck

Top Bottom