Third Times A Charm

• Thread starter Tearsofshiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tearsofshiva

Sup good people....

Last year I had two grows in my 10' x 11' room which I was extremely happy with for my first year, but this year my goal is to knock it outta the park. I have a lot invested and I knew going in it'd be a few years before the learning curve started to turn a profit, but if I can get my operation perpetual I think that's very doable in 2017.

For my next grow I plan on running Bianca Feminized from Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds. My room consists of two 4'x 8' footprints with 1400 watts of led lighting. I put 3 rows of six 5-gallon pots, or 18 plants on each side of the room for a total of 36 plants. Short flower time of 6-7 weeks listed from the seed bank.

Last year I was a little intimidated by injecting co2 so I opted to use exhale mycelium bags which I didn't have a sensor to test but I'm pretty sure they were insufficient at producing enough co2 to put a 770 cu ft room at or above 1200 ppm. Besides light, co2 is the second most contributing factor to photosynthesis, therefore to not provide your babies with the optimal amount is wasting your space indoors am I right? So I decided to buy a natural gas fed co2 generator and monitor and that takes all of the guess work out of it for me, plus I felt like natural gas was a better option than going to the plumbing supply store and refilling tanks once a month but that's just for my situation. Either way I'm wicked excited to see how much the girls love this change.

For my medium i use subcool's supersoil recipe, with roots organic as the base mix, and I currently have a 55 gallon drum that's been cooking for almost a year. I opened it and poured 3 gallons of water in the drum and resealed it approx 2 months ago and it Didn't smell foul or anything like that. I'm gonna be growing all my plants from seed, starting by germinating using the paper towel method. Then plan on using pro-mix in 1-gallon transplanter smart pots until the last week or two of veg when I'll transplant into the 5-gallon smart pots with Supersoil where they'll finish. I'll make sure to establish a strong microbial presence thru the use of mykos innocculant, compost tea, and foliar applications because my grow is in a basement and pests are always a concern, so preventative maintenance is best, and if I put more "good things" than there are "bad things" my plants should prosper no matter what right? I have zero experience brewing tea so any recipes or pro tips would be much appreciated.

I haven't really any experience with nutrients either but after some research I'm gonna try Heavy 16 Prime and some sort of fish emulsion with my compost tea brew, Heavy 16 foliar for my foliar applications, Heavy 16 Roots as a water conditioner throughout the grow, and flush with Heavy finish. With co2 enrichment I know it's important that my plants have all the nutrients they need so any suggestions please insert here lol..... For my compost tea setup I was gonna tape a submersible pump in place at the bottom of a 5 gallon bucket with some compost in a filter (nylons), fish emulsion, heavy primer, and brew for 36 hours to ensure a healthy Protozoa population. I'm not sure whether it would then be better to dilute some of the tea into my reservoir just prior to watering or to top drench each pot individually with the tea right after/before regular watering. Just a thought. I will also use the tea in conjunction with heavy foliar so there is a microbial presence on the leaf surface as a defense mechanism there as well.

Still have a few more pieces of equipment I need to buy to get my room completely automated. I work construction full time and have a 1 year old so I learned the hard way that when I can't be there to take care of my plants they will suffer! So I want to make sure I can go days without even opening the door, plus devote most of my time to trimming as opposed to carrying buckets of water (learned that the hard way too lol). Each of my 4' x 8' footprints consists of 8 180-watt led lights that were supposed to come from the factory daisy-chain ready, however they are not which poses a problem for getting them all on a timer. After a bunch of research (and meditation lol) I have decided to buy two of these....

https://hydrobuilder.com/helios-7-8-light-240v-controller-with-timer.html#

I feel like I'll be a much happier person when I don't have to turn 16 lights on and off individually every 12 hours. I also want to purchase one of these environmental controllers...

Most importantly I want to remember that it's a learning and growing experience no matter what happens and to enjoy it. I'm hoping to be up and running before June, I think that's do-able....

Thanks everyone for the community
Peace and positivity

T

Tearsofshiva

Here are some pics I have in another thread which display the setup....

The first one shows the plumbing I built connecting my two 4' x 8' tables.
Second is the view from the back right corner out to the door of both drain tables.
Third is looking at the exhaust pipe I built to my standing AC unit box ( takes up less floor space

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Very nice space.your putting that together admirably.
if I could give you just one tip though it wouldn't be about the setup or anything as you have obviously put a lot of time and effort into it but I think you could get better seeds for the money the Bianca cost.iv never ran the bianca so obviously I can't say what its like but for the €50 they cost for 5 fem beans theres company's out there with a great rep for tried and tested strains that taste and yeild well with great potency.
iv always been of the opinion if I'm gonna invest my time,effort and money on doing a grow I wanna be absoloutely certain I start with the very best genetics I can get and it seems to be that the Yankee breeders are the ones dropping the heat ATM.
If it's only fems your interested in Pisces genetics,csi humbolt,connisier genetics to name just a few.
I ran Dutch stuff for years and years but the goals for breeding seems to be different between most Dutch and US breeders as the Dutch seem to breed more for Vigor,structure,yeild,flowering times and stuff while the yank breeders are more about flavour and potency first.
That's just how it seems to me any way.

T

Tearsofshiva

Very nice space.your putting that together admirably.
if I could give you just one tip though it wouldn't be about the setup or anything as you have obviously put a lot of time and effort into it but I think you could get better seeds for the money the Bianca cost.iv never ran the bianca so obviously I can't say what its like but for the €50 they cost for 5 fem beans theres company's out there with a great rep for tried and tested strains that taste and yeild well with great potency.
iv always been of the opinion if I'm gonna invest my time,effort and money on doing a grow I wanna be absoloutely certain I start with the very best genetics I can get and it seems to be that the Yankee breeders are the ones dropping the heat ATM.
If it's only fems your interested in Pisces genetics,csi humbolt,connisier genetics to name just a few.
I ran Dutch stuff for years and years but the goals for breeding seems to be different between most Dutch and US breeders as the Dutch seem to breed more for Vigor,structure,yeild,flowering times and stuff while the yank breeders are more about flavour and potency first.
That's just how it seems to me any way.

Thanks man... Last season went well but I defintely needed to make some structural changes before I move forward and it Has taken a ton of planning but that's the fun part right??

As for genetics, I just read AMS won best seed bank a bunch of times and I have never bought seeds before last year so I figured that's where'd I'd start. I defintely made some mistakes but I'd say the overalol flavor and aroma was lacking. But thanks for pointing me in a better direction! Lol I'm looking forward to expanding my seed bank and get a cloner going so I don't need to buy as many seeds!!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I bought a turbo Kloner for $200 I think it was plus the shipping to the UK and wen I seen it was just a submersible pump and some sprayers on an H bar that can be bought on eBay for like £30 or so in a bit of mounded plastic I instantly regretted it as it would be so easy to make or i coulda got a much cheaper one.i just thought there was more to em.you look like a handy fella I suggest u make your own clones with a light proof and water proof tote and the pump and H bar n sprayers,buy some pucks and just cut your own holes and it,l b a quarter the price I paid and prolly just as effective.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

If you don't mind running reg seed there's some great stuff that tastes fucking amazing and is potent as it can get.i thought I knew what good weed was then I tried bodhis seeds goji og and I realised for 10 years I'd been growing and smoking just ok stuff as this shit was unbeleivabley tastey and hella strong.iv been growing bodhi gear since but there's loadsa amazing breeders out there.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

If you build your soil correctly you won't have to worry about nutes. I've been using a modified subcool mix for 4 years now and killing it. I only water and do like 4 tea's a run. Dial your soil in and the rest is a piece of cake. Happy Growing

T

Tearsofshiva

If you build your soil correctly you won't have to worry about nutes. I've been using a modified subcool mix for 4 years now and killing it. I only water and do like 4 tea's a run. Dial your soil in and the rest is a piece of cake. Happy Growing

I've never done tea before I think that's where I was missing out now that I've educated myself a little bit more. So basically my last grows all my nutrients got wasted because I doubt there was as much good microbes as I needed....
What do you make ur tea with and when do you apply? Any foliar application of the tea too??

T

Tearsofshiva

I bought a turbo Kloner for $200 I think it was plus the shipping to the UK and wen I seen it was just a submersible pump and some sprayers on an H bar that can be bought on eBay for like £30 or so in a bit of mounded plastic I instantly regretted it as it would be so easy to make or i coulda got a much cheaper one.i just thought there was more to em.you look like a handy fella I suggest u make your own clones with a light proof and water proof tote and the pump and H bar n sprayers,buy some pucks and just cut your own holes and it,l b a quarter the price I paid and prolly just as effective.
Definitely thanks for the tip otherwise I probably woulda bought one lol

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Definitely thanks for the tip otherwise I probably woulda bought one lol
They do root awesome though but so would a home made one or a cheaper one.
Wen useing kloners u just need to make sure it's kept clean and change the water once a week or so.i let it go too long before changing the water the last time I used it.i cleaned it right out with bleach and let the bleach water run through my pipe and sprayers for 5 mins and I still had trouble rooting em next time for some reason.

T

Tearsofshiva

Do you reuse ur supersoil indoors? the whole point is it gets better with time right? Could I have a worm bin going and cycle the supersoil in. Ethernet grows??

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

You can absolutely reuse sometimes it gets even better however I always use new soil each run and use my old soil for the veggie garden. Happy Growing

T

Tearsofshiva

5/14/17

Got all the lights up, and the exhaust, and the walls orca'd lol, I also ordered my Saturn 5 environmental controller....

Still need to hook up the CO2 generator, I already made the piping I just have to shut off the gas line and connect it to a spot that has a cap right outside my room. I wanted to have a shut off valve plus the regulator that comes with the generator so I can shut off just the gas going to my burner if I want to.

I'm gonna need to run a 50-amp circuit to my room to accommodate those light timers as well. So that's the last thing I need to do before I order the timers......

T

Tearsofshiva

Those strings are from the pulleys the lights are on I'm gonna tie those up too lol ocd

T

Tearsofshiva

Once there's some ladies transpiring in there the humidity will be a little higher, but its usually between 40-60 rh here so I should be cool

T

Tearsofshiva

I've decided to make some changes to the game plan. After reading more about nutrients I feel that Better Organix is a better fit for my needs, media, and what I'm trying to accomplish. They're products will help my supersoil to do what it's meant to do and keep the proper biology present in my medium for optimal uptake of nutrients and healthy rhizosphere.

I plan on getting, Root Better, Kamino, Bio-Veg, iNitiate, Media-Pro, and Bio-Floret. I'll use the products to make tea in a 5 gallon bucket with RO water, so my recipe for Veg would be....

2 cup EWC
5g Media-pro
5g iNitiate
10mL kamino
10mL bio-veg
10mL blackstrap molasses

And my tea for flowering would be....

2 cup EWC
5g media-pro
5g iNitiate
10mL kamino
10mL bio-veg
10mL bio-floret
10mL blackstrap molasses

....and bubble for 30 hours. I'd apply two teas in veg and two in flower so I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible, regular watering with RO as needed in between.

Also, my supersoil has been cooking for about a year so I figured it wouldn't hurt to bubble some iNitiate, media-pro, and molasses and hit my mix with a tea of that just to get the RIGHT biology fired up in there....

T

Tearsofshiva

I've decided to make some changes to the game plan. After reading more about nutrients I feel that Better Organix is a better fit for my needs, media, and what I'm trying to accomplish. They're products will help my supersoil to do what it's meant to do and keep the proper biology present in my medium for optimal uptake of nutrients and healthy rhizosphere.

I plan on getting, Root Better, Kamino, Bio-Veg, iNitiate, Media-Pro, and Bio-Floret. I'll use the products to make tea in a 5 gallon bucket with RO water, so my recipe for Veg would be....

2 cup EWC
5g Media-pro
5g iNitiate
10mL kamino
10mL bio-veg
10mL blackstrap molasses

And my tea for flowering would be....

2 cup EWC
5g media-pro
5g iNitiate
10mL kamino
10mL bio-veg
10mL bio-floret
10mL blackstrap molasses

....and bubble for 30 hours. I'd apply two teas in veg and two in flower so I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible, regular watering with RO as needed in between.

Also, my supersoil has been cooking for about a year so I figured it wouldn't hurt to bubble some iNitiate, media-pro, and molasses and hit my mix with a tea of that just to get the RIGHT biology fired up in there....

@Ecompost @GrowingGreen how do my better Organix tea recipes for veg and flower look? Are they too overloaded? I know your both busy but figured I'd ask away and maybe one of you would get a chance to take a look... Either way the knowledge is much appreciated thanks guys

Latest posts

Top Bottom