this a cal def?

• Thread starter linky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

linky

Running hydro, ro water, house and gardens nutes, A, B, root excel, Algen Extract, Nitrogen boost. 5.8 ph. ec 1.2

I am about 1.5 weeks into veg and the lower leaves on some of the plants have redish/brownish spots.. thinking cal/mag def perhaps?

thanks!

calmag.jpg

leadplant

leadplant

yup - those brown blotches are textbook perfect signs of ca (or calmag) def looks like.

L

linky

I dont see anything thats CalMag related

Also brown blotches are not textbook signs of CalMag deficiency

Discoloration or almost burnt looking leaves all around the outer edges of the leaves is a CalMag deficiency

I can't see much if anything in the pic above

Good luck :)

Click the photo for full size version, upper right leaf has the most issue.

P

paulycali

Click the photo for full size version, upper right leaf has the most issue.

Upper right? LOL! Lower right. Correct? If so that's not a CalMag deficiency anyways. That's something else

Tale a better pic please. At least of just the infected leaf

Thanks

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If those were the uppermost leaves I would say it's unequivocally a Ca-. But it's mid-plant, suggesting a K-.

K

kolah

Why is your ph at 5.8? (I am not a hydro guy..just wonderin')

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If it's a cut, then whatever deficiencies the mom started with will be carried over to the cutting.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For me it depends on the progression. Was the mother showing any issues? Or did they only come up after the cutting rooted? It's so short that it's actually really easy to think those are the uppermost leaves, except that it's got at least two nodes' worth of growth above what I'm observing. And once I saw that, I thought, Hmm... K-?

L

linky

For me it depends on the progression. Was the mother showing any issues? Or did they only come up after the cutting rooted? It's so short that it's actually really easy to think those are the uppermost leaves, except that it's got at least two nodes' worth of growth above what I'm observing. And once I saw that, I thought, Hmm... K-?

mother looks very good and healthy. Problem did not show up until about 1.5 weeks into veg, once they got about 6" tall.. started at lowest leaves first and has started showing up on mid leaves after that. some of the ends of the top leaves have started as well.. but mostly lower and mid leaves.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mid-plant trends heavily toward a K problem, then.

L

linky

so I would have to add more A or B nutes? I use house and gardens.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Totally not familiar with that line. I would use something high in K only, perhaps a kelp extract.

Latest posts

Top Bottom