This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's as far as I can go tonight. I'm pooped. Speaking of which, no TP at the local. wow.

Final count of the keepers, I've got 9 Platinum cookies - 3 @Dragonsflame Dragon Cheese - 3 Violator Kush - one Bubba Kush - and one Lavanda Cream courtesy of @Kanzeon.

Clean and sorted room pics tomorrow.

20200317 223054
20200317 233629
20200317 180640

Moshmen

Moshmen

My father passed away last week so I had to make a trip back to Nova Scotia for a few days. Rest easy old man..

While I was away I left the plants in my sisters care... home now but so tired I havent bothered to go check on them. One thing I'll say about travelling during this pandemic, is the seat selection on the planes was unbeatable lol. I came home in a roughly 400 seater Boeing 787 with about 40 people on board. It was a bit surreal.. Never been on such a big plane that was so empty. Had a full row of 9 seats to myself hahaha. Got to pick which side of the plane I wanted to look out of and got some spectacular views of the Rocky mountains from 40 thousand feet. Not a cloud in the sky all the way from Toronto to Vancouver.

View attachment 951135View attachment 951134
Just catching up her DB sorry for your loss! Glad you were able to travel to be with your fam .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
And today one of my Dads favourite artists passed away.. RIP Kenny Roger's. I remember my parents dancing to islands in the stream in the living room back in the 80's. Fond memories.

The God bud has been officially pulled from the lineup. Had to run 4 of them in my last crop due to limited availability of healthy clones, and the buds are trashy looking and dont smoke very nice, but the hash from it is decent. So, I made some dry sift
last night with it and the rest of the material will be processed for edibles.
Kif anyone?
20200320 221748

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Out of sheer laziness I think I might have found my favourite curing technique so far. With everything going on lately travelling to Mexico and Nova Scotia I havent had a lot of time to trim my last crop, so I left most of the crop dried on the stem, untrimmed loosely piled in rubbermaid totes for the last 3-4 weeks, with the lid tightly sealed. Im finaly getting around to trimming it and I'm absolutely blown away at how much better it all smells and tastes. I'm floored... All the strains are much smoother and more flavorful than usual. Super impressed.

Im now discovering I've made a big mistake though. I should not have tossed that forbidden zkittlez mom. Oh man what a mistake. When I tried it after a couple weeks drying and a week or so curing I was thoroughly unimpressed. It wasnt very good. But now after the month cure on the stem in a tote, it's nothing short of amazing. Candied fruit and berries and cotton candy flavored smoke. Similar to sin citys spiked punch but sweeter. Really really good. I guess I'll just savor this ounce lol..
I've got more seeds of it to go through so maybe I'll luck out and find it again.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man.. wish I had of known... lol. I gave some of this stuff to a buddy yesterday and he called me today asking for a cutting. There was an awkward silent pause when I said I dont have it anymore.

Oh the strains I've let slip away lol.. Forbidden zkittlez. Another one for the memory bank.
20200109 065053

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Man that looks good!

I have an HSO girl scout cookie from seed that is super frosty like that and smells like gas and fruit.

Nice! And thanks man! This one is gassy for sure. Some times it comes out smelling like pure diesel, but when you break it open the smell and dry haul reminds me of Maynards wine gums. Super unique. And it always burns real smooth and clean. Not a harsh smoke at all, you can almost pull on it like it was a cigarette.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sup my dude. How have things been kicking while I was away on my sabbatical?
Cemchris! Good to see you around man. Things have been alright, jumping from one style of growing to the next like a bloody fewl... I'm into the coco now and having a phew issues with it, I'll make another post about that later. lol.
How have things been with you?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ok farmers... I held out for a couple weeks trying to remedy this situation on my own, but ol'dirtbag is in trouble lol. Ive asked my local buddies what might be going on and so far I havent had anyone come up with anything, we are stumped, so I'm turning to you my fellow online growers.

Plants are in pure canna coco, pre charged with 1ec calmag for 4 hrs.
1 gallon pots
watering every other day for the first week and now once per day, with about 15-20% runoff.
feeding 1.3-1.4ec ph 5.8-6.0, temp 68f
nutrient is rainwater (0ppm) with .3ec calmag and 1 ec botanicare pbp.
Light is 1000w MH
temp 23-27 celcius, RH 55-65%

The plants are growing but they just arent greening up like they should. They have a pale lime green hue to them. Does anything jump out to anyone here? Am I missing something stupid? I'm just not very experienced with coco and only have one buddy that uses it, and so far hes been stumped too.
Any questions or spitballs are welcome.

Last pic is of a joint I smoked last night. Sharing because, I just cant believe the resin that comes off this platinum cookies. The paper is bloody soaked half inch from the cherry! lol. Unreal..

20200328 132215
20200328 132230
20200328 180954

Last edited:
Top Bottom