This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Valleyterps

Valleyterps

I don't like the looks of those square lifters, too much space on the sides if its not centered right I can see tipping over. I like the idea of better drainage and air under the pots like that but round pots on that sq. looks iffy to me.
Yea I’ve definitely tipped over moms that were in 1 gallon fabric pots, any size bigger they’ve got a pretty solid base of support (easily touch each of the 4 supports) using the smaller size tray
I just run dtw in a few botanic are tables just have saucers for mother plants. But you right def gotta be careful and pay attention to what you’re doin if you’ve got a 1 gal or smaller pot on there

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's interesting. I take it 9 plants per 1k/4x4? Kind of about the same I go at. Top at 4th node. Strip before flower then strip after stretch. Stain dependent then its either none or up to 2-3 times.

How long are you vegging for? Around a month right?

This is about how big I flip them at unless it doesn't stretch and then it's 17 per 4x8 3 rows 6/5/6
View attachment 970514

Yeah man, you and the guy I talked to yesterday have eerily similar growing styles. They do 9 per 4x4 area yeah but they have enormous tables. It's the guys from Broke coast I was talking to yesterday.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Day 21 of flower. Starting to be able to see the expression of the different strains now.
20200510 120521

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Evening farmers. Thought I'd give you all a glimpse Into dirtbags garden!
This is a licensed medical grow, 9 plants in flower. 4 platinum cookies and 5 Pre-98 Bubba.

Right now they're under 2x 1000w eye hortilux lamps semi (but not quite) stadium style, temps 22-26c, 40-50% humidity. 8x8' canopy.

Growing in 7 gallon pots of proterra peat/perlite mix amended with half a cup of gaia green 4-4-4 and a cup of worm castings each. Feeding is floranova grow/bloom and massive bloom for a total of 1.6ec, 6.2-6.3ph, on a feed-feed-water cycle.. But I'm going to run the grow formula and massive for the rest of the run and cut out floranova bloom. Just to see what happens.

I'll update as things progress.. just rounded the corner on week 3. And they're starting to pick up a little frost already which is nice to see. The burnt pistil tips are from my sulphur burner... I send them off into week 3 with a good burn.

View attachment 858717 View attachment 858718 View attachment 858719 View attachment 858720 View attachment 858721 View attachment 858722
Okay the little kid in the back of the classroom has his hand raised..🥴🙄..WTF is a sulfur burner.?.. Think I'm going to have to grow more plants just so I can run more experiments!!!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Okay the little kid in the back of the classroom has his hand raised..🥴🙄..WTF is a sulfur burner.?.. Think I'm going to have to grow more plants just so I can run more experiments!!!
Burns sulfur to combat " powdery mildew " for the late night explanation ....
I'll Let Dirtbag give you the complete process , its his thread 😊
But thats one expiriment you can hopefully avoid !

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey D, all kidding aside , what strains are you growing in there ? If you dont mind me asking...
I've got 9 platinum cookies, 3 dragon cheese, 2 violator kush, 1 pre98 bubba and 1 Lavanda cream.

And yeah @Foutwenty71 the sulphur burner is a small device that heats up raw sulphur prills and vaporizes them into a fog of elemental sulphur. I use it weekly all through Veg and 1 week into flower for PM prevention and it also helps prevent spider mites.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I've got 9 platinum cookies, 3 dragon cheese, 2 violator kush, 1 pre98 bubba and 1 Lavanda cream.

And yeah @Foutwenty71 the sulphur burner is a small device that heats up raw sulphur prills and vaporizes them into a fog of elemental sulphur. I use it weekly all through Veg and 1 week into flower for PM prevention and it also helps prevent spider mites.
Thanks for the answer.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As long as it doesn't have a hole in it... Tehehe sorry couldn't resist. I know it's not funny but the "too soon" time has expired 😁

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

So from what I'm gathering from this thread, if I ever buy a grow tent it will need to be covered in flexi-dip. Got it. 😄

BigV

BigV

Evening farmers. Thought I'd give you all a glimpse Into dirtbags garden!
This is a licensed medical grow, 9 plants in flower. 4 platinum cookies and 5 Pre-98 Bubba.

Right now they're under 2x 1000w eye hortilux lamps semi (but not quite) stadium style, temps 22-26c, 40-50% humidity. 8x8' canopy.

Growing in 7 gallon pots of proterra peat/perlite mix amended with half a cup of gaia green 4-4-4 and a cup of worm castings each. Feeding is floranova grow/bloom and massive bloom for a total of 1.6ec, 6.2-6.3ph, on a feed-feed-water cycle.. But I'm going to run the grow formula and massive for the rest of the run and cut out floranova bloom. Just to see what happens.

I'll update as things progress.. just rounded the corner on week 3. And they're starting to pick up a little frost already which is nice to see. The burnt pistil tips are from my sulphur burner... I send them off into week 3 with a good burn.

View attachment 858717 View attachment 858718 View attachment 858719 View attachment 858720 View attachment 858721 View attachment 858722
Lookin Sexy as Fuck Old Man!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ahh lol... gotcha. No it was a rusted out sulphur burner cup that had a pinhole in it, it was dripping molten sulphur on the element and burning it rather than vaping it. Damn near killed the plants.

Top Bottom