this can't be good...please help

• Thread starter burn4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pisces

Pisces

Pics aren't showing B4M.

You said last time you watered on thursday that the runoff PH was lower then the PH you put in?

burn4me

burn4me

Yeah but i was told thats normal. My soil ph meter reads fine though its not digital but its still within 6s. Was i mislead or did i misunderstand something?

burn4me

burn4me

IMG 20140405 123841 1
IMG 20140405 124043 1
IMG 20140405 124024

Pisces

Pisces

The only time I ever heard of PH dropping in the root zone, is if salts are accumulating in there.

For some reason, I don't trust your meter.

Looks maybe like boron and manganese deficiencies which are less readily available to plants when the PH is above 6.5

What I would suggest, is to pick someone who has had multiple successful runs with Soil (if this is your preferred medium) and follow their entire strategy to a T.

Don't get caught up in following the advice of Everyone, because Everyone grows differently.
Way too many variables

Pisces

Pisces

It also almost looks like nute burn from splash back or foliar feeding while lights are on.. could this be possible?

burn4me

burn4me

It also almost looks like nute burn from splash back or foliar feeding while lights are on.. could this be possible?
this could be partly the culprit... i have lessened foilar spraying for now. So maybe its why its not getting worse. As for following another's method, ive tried finding similar one and cant really do that. I was however though thinking of manganese or foilar burns not boron though. I plan to only foilar spray when out of veg area(i run 24 hour veg) and let mostly dry. Try that for the rest of the week. If it hasn't gotten worse then i guess ill dive into the other deficiencies we discussed. Thats about the only way to go for me i guess. Thanks for info

alpinehi

alpinehi

I know that this has been brought up, but you're way too worried about deficiencies and slight burn issues. It's awesome that you're aware of them, and you should be. You're just going to have them for awhile, especially in soil. In my opinion it's always better to start on the low end and slowly ramp up the nutes, it's easier on the plants. I wouldn't focus so much on trying to correct them quickly, watch your plants and become familiar with them. It's going to take several runs and lots of work. It is very very difficult for any deficiency to really destroy your plants. Controlling your environment is going to be the most important thing about your garden. Heat, humidity, pests, bugs, mold/mildew, those are things that are real potential issues. Tweaking your nutrient regimen is something that should happen a bit later on in your growing career.

Also be careful with the milk thing. I'm pretty sure I understand the premise, but the research is lacking. You're not going to find a commercial garden doing it. In my opinion there is more potential for harm than good.

Don't bang your head against the wall too hard, I know how frustrating it can be at times. Keep growing and keep learning!

burn4me

burn4me

Well the first burns were probably splash back or something because the didn't spread. But now there is something with my strongest plant. I still haven't added nutes to them. Only been in ffof mix for 17 days. Newer growth is a little lighter but i figured its due to being new. Please any advice would be helpful TIA
IMG 20140413 123845
IMG 20140413 123838 1
IMG 20140413 123838

Natural

Natural

almost looks like sum leafhopper damage. you getting ready to up-pot yet?

burn4me

burn4me

Yes probably tomorrow. Just sucks all i have is 5 gallon to go to. Leaf Hopper? No bugs except an ant now and then

Natural

Natural

eh..I've seen the damage in a veg room before...they usually don' stick around and breed ime..just chew sum shit and die or move on. Hard to spot too. A little early in my area for them yet..but an open window, door or carrying them in on clothes is likely.
Lots of containers to take advantage of for a bigger pot if ya wanna go that route. storage tubs..trash cans..plastic concrete mixer tubs..all pretty cheap or salvagable

burn4me

burn4me

Maybe low K? Idk im lost it doesn't look like deficiency to me. Think the ants could of done it? Ive got ant killer in there. The gel stuff in a couple spots. Haven't seen any last few days.

burn4me

burn4me

Was thinking about reusable black shopping bagss. Same material pretty much as smart pots. I just wanna figure out what is wrong. Should i chop that fan leaf?

Natural

Natural

don't think ants are the prob..or K...just clip the leaf if you wanna.
the bags could work..i think. i wouldn't want anything with a lot of dyes in it though. be creative or just buy sumthin. pots are cheap compared to what ya get from them

freespirit

freespirit

It may just be some water spots that you didn't catch, maybe if there was light on the droplets I've seen mine do it. The lower leaf in your last pic.. any chance it got curled up in the pot? I would pay attention to new growth instead of worrying about old stains unless it spreads.

freespirit

freespirit

Also.. I'm going to use my Hanna meter 100% this time and stay in the 6.5-6.8 range. Can you post a pic of your meter?

burn4me

burn4me

Its not certified bad ass like yours. Just sunleaves cheapo. Only cost 40. Im not worried about the little spots. They never spread. The dying old growth is concerning me now. Closest I've found is K. Older growth, healthiest plant(or so i thought) inward dying. Idk

Latest posts

Top Bottom