This is a CalMg deficiency only, right?

• Thread starter TreyAnastasio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TreyAnastasio

Question is the subject. Running these gmo x grandpa breath for 1st time. Gifted to me in bio365 soil. Ive heard mix reviews but figured I'd go with it for the experience as well.

Transplanted into 8gal pots & given only water for 14 days. Approx day 10 I notice leaf showing sign of deficiency. Just dosed woth GH calmag yesterday & hoping this should clear up in a week or so.

Will the stems recover back to healthy green? They look very super dark purple.

I like to think they already look better 24hrs later but outside eyes beat my rose-colored glasses any day! Lol.

Thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Novice grower looking to improve & learn. Thanks in advanced.

This is a calmg deficiency only right
This is a calmg deficiency only right 2
This is a calmg deficiency only right 3
This is a calmg deficiency only right 4
This is a calmg deficiency only right 5
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
The stems will stay purple and it’s normal. Some strains will do that.

Some will say it’s a sign of p deficiency it’s very debatable however I’m not going into that.

It’s hard on plants to pull back from a cali mg deficiency and does take time in the meantime you will lose most if not all the yellow leaves.

I don’t know if it’s only a cali mg deficiency how close are your lights

Btw with leggy plants like what’s in the pic some lst will go a long way to helping them get bushier, just tie the tops down for a few days let it straighten up them tie it down the to the bottom again rotating were you tie it down will help it get bushier and make the stems thicken up so they can hold the weight of heavy flowers

Last edited:
T

TreyAnastasio

Thanks for the response!

Lights are not too close. Approx 1.5 - 2ft above canopy in a tent under LEDS.

Should I cut off the affected leaves or keep them on the guage recovery? Watering today with just cali mag.

Thanks in advance & looking forward to hearing back!

T

TreyAnastasio

What's your watering schedule? I could be wrong but looks like they are getting too much.
Every 2-3 days-ish according to meter. The last watering was on Thursday (3/14) approx noon. I ran (2) 2gal of h2o & calimag (2tsp/g). Normally I just water with the (1) 2gal. They are in 8 gal pots

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Lights sounds fine

would leave them be atm

Then water meters aren’t great unless the soil is compact enough ( which is to much for the plants ) they don’t read correctly

I’d of thought you’d be watering every 3-4th day still guess it depends on your environment still every two days in flower sounds to often as they drink less in flower
lol nvm your in veg stoner moment 🤣

T

TreyAnastasio

Lights sounds fine

would leave them be atm

Then water meters aren’t great unless the soil is compact enough ( which is to much for the plants ) they don’t read correctly

I’d of thought you’d be watering every 3-4th day still guess it depends on your environment still every two days in flower sounds to often as they drink less in flower
lol nvm your in veg stoner moment 🤣
Lol. Yes these are all in veg & will be moms.

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Did ypu transplant them into soil? You got them in soil but didn't mention what you transfered them into. Hard to tell from afar if it's coco or soil.

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Looks like soil bud
Looks? You can't tell the difference between soil/coco from those blurry pictures lol. It's best to ask because A) Soil needs to be fairly dry between waterings. Little sick plants that size would bairly drain an 8gal pot in 4-5 days. He's also adding h202, the amounts could be insignificant and not harm microlife but it's not mentioned how much he adds. Nor is the ph/ppm of water going in or if OP is maintaining ph in the medium)

@TreyAnastasio asking for the specifics of your grow room should of been my first question, so please share.

Temp/humidity
Are you following vdp guidelines
Soil type/additives
Light type/size/distance from canopy
Feed ppm/ph(are you using tap)

Little details help paint the bigger picture

Plants can bounce back, the purplish won't disappear but new healthy growth will be normal when you identify the issue(s).

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
you own my eyes no

I know all about coir vs soil needs being different. To put it politely you can request info if you need and think the grower needs it without involving me.

Last edited:
T

TreyAnastasio

Looks? You can't tell the difference between soil/coco from those blurry pictures lol. It's best to ask because A) Soil needs to be fairly dry between waterings. Little sick plants that size would bairly drain an 8gal pot in 4-5 days. He's also adding h202, the amounts could be insignificant and not harm microlife but it's not mentioned how much he adds. Nor is the ph/ppm of water going in or if OP is maintaining ph in the medium)

@TreyAnastasio asking for the specifics of your grow room should of been my first question, so please share.

Temp/humidity
Are you following vdp guidelines
Soil type/additives
Light type/size/distance from canopy
Feed ppm/ph(are you using tap)

Little details help paint the bigger picture

Plants can bounce back, the purplish won't disappear but new healthy growth will be normal when you identify the issue(s).
Thank you for the response. I truly appreciate all the feedback.

I mentioned in the original post that I received them in soil & kept them in soil (bio365). Like I said, I heard mixed reviews but wanted to experience the product 1st hand.

As for your questions these are the answers to the best of my knowledge

Temp/humidity - ~73.5°/~70% hum
Vdp guidelines - ? Will google & update
Soil type - bio365
Light 2 commercial leds apprx 18" above canopy
Ppm/Ph - tap water yes ph 6.6-7.1 usually

Thanks in advance looking forward to hearing back!

B

BuffNuts

Calcium is an immobile nutrient, it's deficiency symptoms show at the top. This is hard science. Do not take advice from experts continually overlook the basic day one stuff.

This is Manganese toxicity aka sudden crash syndrome

20240316 081702

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

Thank you for the response. I truly appreciate all the feedback.

I mentioned in the original post that I received them in soil & kept them in soil (bio365). Like I said, I heard mixed reviews but wanted to experience the product 1st hand.

As for your questions these are the answers to the best of my knowledge

Temp/humidity - ~73.5°/~70% hum
Vdp guidelines - ? Will google & update
Soil type - bio365
Light 2 commercial leds apprx 18" above canopy
Ppm/Ph - tap water yes ph 6.6-7.1 usually

Thanks in advance looking forward to hearing back!
My advice would be to lower humidity to 60/65 and raise temp to 78-80°. Hold off on watering and your your pots feel pretty light.

Can you post picture or link to the soil? When looking up bio365 all I can find is it's a blend of coco/peat/perlite.

T

TreyAnastasio

Calcium is an immobile nutrient, it's deficiency symptoms show at the top. This is hard science. Do not take advice from experts continually overlook the basic day one stuff.

This is Manganese toxicity aka sudden crash syndrome

View attachment 2135918
Will the calimag be effective if this the case? Ive never experienced this but someone else mentioned they had a similar problem using bio365.

I will google the manganese tox but do you suggest any solutions? I haven't feed these anything at all except for the calimag. Thanks in advance.

T

TreyAnastasio

My advice would be to lower humidity to 60/65 and raise temp to 78-80°. Hold off on watering and your your pots feel pretty light.

Can you post picture or link to the soil? When looking up bio365 all I can find is it's a blend of coco/peat/perlite.

20240316 111917
T

TreyAnastasio

20240316 111917
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Vdp guidelines - ?
An environment controller can calculate VPD. A chart like this can also be helpful. VPD is an indicator of a plant's transpiration rate. It is inversely related to relative humidity. Temperature is also a factor. Transpiration describes the process by which plants transport water and nutrients from their roots to their leaves.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
My advice would be to lower humidity to 60/65 and raise temp to 78-80°.
I agree, but do it slowly, over at least several days to a week or more. I set the humidity to the mid 50s during late veg or flowering.

Scolymia7

Scolymia7

That is coco while it looks like soil, but it is a soiless medium and needs to be treated as hydro.

While alot of people say you can't over water coco imo you can in the early stages. Everyone situation is different but I don't do multiple feedings until the plant can drain its pot in a 24 hour span.

I also do not trust pre mixed coco. I prefer to rinse and charge myself. Charging is debatable, some people say its not needed. My plants looked exactly like yours until I started practicing a solid rinse and charge routine, and only watering when pots feel lite. I'm in 1 gal air pots coco/perilite both plants have worked up to getting fed once a day. When I move them into flower is when I start multiple feedings a day.

20240316 074001
Top Bottom