This Is My Story, Tell Me About Yours.

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

This is my story! Missouri’s premiere cannabis mag..Evolution. Looking for your stories to share with my classes. Have time? Tell me how you got here. How long you have been cultivating? Your own pros and cons? Many of my students have used cannabis to get off of big pharmas hit list, Have you? Any and all info greatly appreciated and it will be shared via a class. Humor greatly appreciated.
48B0E7DE-3987-4AF2-96AC-5DF40459749A.jpeg
Many thanks!

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
I'll get back to you....was born in St Louis and know the midwest very well....Been growing since 1986....Most of Us have suffered thru decades of ignorance about Canna...and most have a long and brutal story behind it...
Keep your head up and glad you had the chance to tell your story...Wish you the best and power to ya
FOE20

Ponky

Ponky

I was hungry. And if I rolled and sold joints I could smoke and eat. Grew some weed. Got a medical card. Grew some more. Legalization. Now grow to hunt down strong new weeds that aren't around my region. Oh and I use it for burning nerve pain. And stomach ailments.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
I was hungry. And if I rolled and sold joints I could smoke and eat. Grew some weed. Got a medical card. Grew some more. Legalization. Now grow to hunt down strong new weeds that aren't around my region. Oh and I use it for burning nerve pain. And stomach ailments.
Ive been working a very Pain specific line for last 6yrs...Be very happy to send you some to test after I get moved and things are in place....stay tuned
FOE20

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I currently am in possession of something you may really enjoy. It’s called First One and it’s 36%. Ever heard of this?

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

I began smoking as a teen and I can say it did a few things for me and I owe alot to cannibus. To make a long story short, as all the others around me became addicted to pills or hardcore drugs and money and dealing drugs, my love for cannibus allowed me to just chill out in the house and away from trouble. It helped me to write music and sit my ass down long enough to play Xbox rather than go down the paths my peers traveled. It assisted with depression and the ptsd that came along with losing those people to addiction or prison or even those who passed from natural causes but still meant the world to me. I realized without cannibus Im pretty high strung and can be quite the D**khead and so I prefer my flower over anything that big pharma would prescribe.
😁🦅

Ponky

Ponky

I currently am in possession of something you may really enjoy. It’s called First One and it’s 36%. Ever heard of this?
I've heard of the 30%+ strains. But so far the best one I've had was mid to low 20s. And I seem to have the best tasting smoke around 21%. Around here there aren't a lot of high THC strains. I've bought some legal weed that claimed it was 28% THC..but it tasted bad. And right after it was out I rolled up a joint I grew and smoked it to get the taste out of my mouth.. so I think bias and conditioning have come into play. Trying to expand my pallets and experience. To see what I can see outside my bubble.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I've heard of the 30%+ strains. But so far the best one I've had was mid to low 20s. And I seem to have the best tasting smoke around 21%. Around here there aren't a lot of high THC strains. I've bought some legal weed that claimed it was 28% THC..but it tasted bad. And right after it was out I rolled up a joint I grew and smoked it to get the taste out of my mouth.. so I think bias and conditioning have come into play. Trying to expand my pallets and experience. To see what I can see outside my bubble.
I have to agree with you on taste. I just tried out a 34% from a green light dispensary called Gorilla Pie, the taste was bad, the hit made you choke. Not being able to take a full hit leaves me unable to critique it’s high thca content. Will let you know about this First One in about 4-5 months.

Ponky

Ponky

I have to agree with you on taste. I just tried out a 34% from a green light dispensary called Gorilla Pie, the taste was bad, the hit made you choke. Not being able to take a full hit leaves me unable to critique it’s high thca content. Will let you know about this First One in about 4-5 months.
For me I've been surrounded by weed and extracts my whole life. So I don't get "high" in a traditional sense. So I can't gauge potency. Sometimes if I'm taking dabs of extract my ears ring for a few seconds and I feel funny for a moment. I tend to only notice had much my muscles loosen up and how much reduction in neuralgia I experience. But I do firmly feel like Kush strains have a strong comforting sense of pain relief.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I used to smoke and drink, now i smoke. 50 years rolling and just learned to lick the outside of the paper to activate glue🤌🏻🙄
I’m native, firewater gets me in ALOT of trouble. On the glue better late than never although I’m more than willing to believe it smoked just fine without licking the outside lol. So, who told you? My grand babies seem to know an awful lot lol.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Sold bags in the 70s until one night I was at work my wife got robbed and beaten. Started growing and never bought or sold again.
Do you think this happened because others knew you had “product”?

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Grew up outside El Paso. Started smoking in 1966. There's two Mexican harvests basically. Fall and Spring. If you didn't buy a shitload in November it was down to buying it by the bag. Often moldy as hell.

There was a bunch of property backed up to irrigation laterals that people not only didn't use but never even went back there. So it was planting time. An old hippie (he was 42 when he got whacked in Mexico) taught a couple of us how to top and supercrop and to identify males as early as possible.

Harvests were definitely a crap shoot. The ditchriders learned to identify it and often stole it. Kept growing outdoors as I moved north after being discharged from the military in 1970. In Colorado I decided it had to be taken indoors. Bought a "complete hydroponics grow kit" from an ad in High Times in Fall 1981. Received a 400 watt street light (for real), a cat litter tray and a bag of red lava along with some little bottles of nutes and a cheap aquarium pump. Thank goodness for the internet. No more screwing like that.

It's only gone on since.

Last edited:
oLd1

oLd1

I use to smoke and pop pills, Party Hardy. Doctor put me on Hydrocodone every 4 hours for pain, had side effects but still tried taking it.

Started smoking regular but I have Barrett’s Esophagus so went to edibles.

Missouri went legal for Medical I started growing with help from my Son. It wasn’t working but I’m still learning and doing my own thing.

Right now I’m in remission from that Cancer stuff.

oLd1

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I use to smoke and pop pills, Party Hardy. Doctor put me on Hydrocodone every 4 hours for pain, had side effects but still tried taking it.

Started smoking regular but I have Barrett’s Esophagus so went to edibles.

Missouri went legal for Medical I started growing with help from my Son. It wasn’t working but I’m still learning and doing my own thing.

Right now I’m in remission from that Cancer stuff.

oLd1
Barrett's isn't cancer but it's our warning. Lay off any NSAIDs or alcohol. Consider shrooms too. Low dosage. Easy enough to grow too.

Have you tried RSO yet?

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Ive been working a very Pain specific line for last 6yrs...Be very happy to send you some to test after I get moved and things are in place....stay tuned
FOE20
I’d also be interested I’ve got major spinal issues and can’t do pain killers. I’m not asking for a hand out but I’m def interested
Is this Future #1. I don’t think I’ve heard of First One

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’d also be interested I’ve got major spinal issues and can’t do pain killers. I’m not asking for a hand out but I’m def interested

Is this Future #1. I don’t think I’ve heard of First One
I think you are right on that. I’m on a seed hunt right now for my next grow and recently saw a strain named that or first one. It was out of stock as I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom