this is the Cannabis hermaphroditism or something else

• Thread starter elzatal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

same thing. found a nanner 8 weeks into flower from a broken branch that caused it to stress hermie.

I was very vigilant on them, cutting the nanners off every 2-3 days as I found them.

I thought it was going well.

the bud, when chopped, has about 6-7 unformed, baby seeds in each joints worth. kind of lame and not very appealing to the eye. I mean, we want to smoke thc dont we? not baby, unformed seeds, etc....

so that batch off that plant ended up being kinda meh.

elzatal

elzatal

same thing. found a nanner 8 weeks into flower from a broken branch that caused it to stress hermie.

I was very vigilant on them, cutting the nanners off every 2-3 days as I found them.

the bud, when chopped, has about 6-7 unformed, baby seeds in each joints worth. kind of lame and not very appealing to the eye. I mean, we want to smoke thc dont we? not baby, unformed seeds, etc....

hello , how was the high while you smoke it
and what do you thing i should do for i prevent what happened to you

CF89

CF89

the high is nice, buds look nice, smells nice, smokes nice. just has those damn seed shell things when chopped up. looks shitty and probably does effect the smoke/taste a bit. Im a TOTAL snob though. I suppose the seed things could of been picked out.

how to prevent what happened to me? be gentle with your plants... LST cant be done at 8 weeks into flower and I learned that the hard way. broke a solid branch off.. like a branch with bark on it. the plant wasnt happy and stressed to hard it hermied.

something stupid like that... breaking 1 branch on 1 plant, can ruin a whole 20x20 room. food for thought.

as for dealing with the nanners. I cut them right off, AND took about 1/8" (2 or 3mm) worth of bud with it too... just to get the "root" of the nanner if there was a such thing. better to be safe than sorry.

cut the nanner off, and then some extra too!!!!

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

You could take a look and see if there is pollen yet and wet it before cutting the nanner out.
I’m with @One drop on this one. I’m currently smoking NL that through bananas because of accidental light at night time.
a couple mini unformed seeds but nowhere near as many as there were nanners.
I don’t know if all of them have viable pollen or maybe they are slow to throw it.

Mugwort

Mugwort

the high is nice, buds look nice, smells nice, smokes nice. just has those damn seed shell things when chopped up. looks shitty and probably does effect the smoke/taste a bit. Im a TOTAL snob though. I suppose the seed things could of been picked out.

how to prevent what happened to me? be gentle with your plants... LST cant be done at 8 weeks into flower and I learned that the hard way. broke a solid branch off.. like a branch with bark on it. the plant wasnt happy and stressed to hard it hermied.

something stupid like that... breaking 1 branch on 1 plant, can ruin a whole 20x20 room. food for thought.

as for dealing with the nanners. I cut them right off, AND took about 1/8" (2 or 3mm) worth of bud with it too... just to get the "root" of the nanner if there was a such thing. better to be safe than sorry.

cut the nanner off, and then some extra too!!!!

Mugwort

Mugwort

I’m learning...what makes you sure it was the broken branch that was the cause?

elzatal

elzatal

You could take a look and see if there is pollen yet and wet it before cutting the nanner out.
I’m with @One drop on this one. I’m currently smoking NL that through bananas because of accidental light at night time.
a couple mini unformed seeds but nowhere near as many as there were nanners.
I don’t know if all of them have viable pollen or maybe they are slow to throw it.
thanks for help my friend and thank you all THC farmers I appreciate your support !

CF89

CF89

I’m learning...what makes you sure it was the broken branch that was the cause?

bit of a guess I suppose. Nothing else it could be. No other plants hermied and this grand daddy purple was a clone from a buddy and none of his hermied.

So I’m guessing it was from the branch break which was sooo bad

I topped it once. So the plant was a big Y.

And the top two colas were a tad close. So I tried to spread them and snap. Snapped it right down the center. Fml

I taped it and it did heal itself together but I believe the stress from it turned it hermie.

Mugwort

Mugwort

bit of a guess I suppose. Nothing else it could be. No other plants hermied and this grand daddy purple was a clone from a buddy and none of his hermied.

So I’m guessing it was from the branch break which was sooo bad

I topped it once. So the plant was a big Y.

And the top two colas were a tad close. So I tried to spread them and snap. Snapped it right down the center. Fml

I taped it and it did heal itself together but I believe the stress from it turned it hermie.
As coincidence would have it. I accidentally broke the top of a big coma about 4” from the top about 4 days ago and today I found this scary green thing that looks like a young seed. I was going to start my flush in a week. Under my hand held microscope about half of the taller trichomes are milky while the vast majority of the lower ones are clear. There is 1-2 amber per field and a spattering of purple bubbles. With this find of the young seed should I start flush now?

7D3A8E7D 5A7F 4528 9830 11577805FA46
CF89

CF89

That’s a tough one. I don’t think it will happen within 4 days. Post some pics of the actual plant and suspect parts

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
As coincidence would have it. I accidentally broke the top of a big coma about 4” from the top about 4 days ago and today I found this scary green thing that looks like a young seed. I was going to start my flush in a week. Under my hand held microscope about half of the taller trichomes are milky while the vast majority of the lower ones are clear. There is 1-2 amber per field and a spattering of purple bubbles. With this find of the young seed should I start flush now?
Sometimes when their lady parts get a bit swollen it can look like there's a seed in there did you pop it?

elzatal

elzatal

hello thc farmers does this bud look normal I cut some bananas and now i dont know its okay or not , thanks everyone

3DE0285A 0303 4FB0 B6A0 D9A9DF92EE48
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

hello thc farmers does this bud look normal I cut some bananas and now i dont know its okay or not , thanks everyone

well how would you look if someone cut your banana off? Lol

to be honest it looks like it wants some light. What is it specifically that is making you wonder?

elzatal

elzatal

well how would you look if someone cut your banana off? Lol

to be honest it looks like it wants some light. What is it specifically that is making you wonder?
Lol i just didnt get yet how to identify the pollen sacs so i said maybe thing going so bad and it be full of pollen

Top Bottom