caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks NT :)
Im just winging it like always;)

I started the roof today :D
Ghroofgoingon

I found the 26" corrugated plastic panels for 14 bucks each at Lowes :)

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Woot! lookin good man! Thats the only way to grow right ther imho, did you look into those plastice panels on the top to see if they will transmit more light then they reflect.... i doubt it will be a big deal but they could cut down on the overall sun power comin in. anyways man lookin good, can't wait to see some gals in there take it easy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks you guys...im stoked :)

Ohio, the panels are for greenhouses, but I not sure how much light they actually let though o_O
but i noticed in the morning, when they get wet with dew. they are not very see though...

Probably very reflective when wet

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

built like pro for sure^^. If ya don't mind ken, how much did ya pay for materials to actaully build the GH and where did you get your plans to build; or if you built with your own plans could you share em!? :D......this coming spring i'll be constructing my own GH's and would like to use this same style plus or minus in some area like height length etc. Much respect brotha. Take it easy

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks again you guys....Anyone can do this stuff...

built like pro for sure^^. If ya don't mind ken, how much did ya pay for materials to actaully build the GH and where did you get your plans to build; or if you built with your own plans could you share em!? :D......this coming spring i'll be constructing my own GH's and would like to use this same style plus or minus in some area like height length etc. Much respect brotha. Take it easy
I dont mind a bit Brother.
The plan was in my head...and super simple (like me) :)
I will give a run down on costs of each thing ...But I dont have time or the right buzz right now. :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Each 8' 2x4 cost about $2.75 paid 25 cents more for Kiln dryed because I hate green wood(wet)
I went 32' on ceter with the studs and it took 60 for the walla and top plate
the firing strips are 98 cent each..I bought 40(i think)
I went with treated 12 ft 2x4's for the foundation boards I think they were 7 bucks each
I made the GH 24'X12' :) (so I needed 6)
the 6mil Plastic is 24 bucks for 25ftx10

I didnt have any help so, I had to make it manageable..I pre fabbed 8ftx8ft wall panels on the ground and put a diagonal brace (fir strip) on them and then carried and set each one in place .
Pretty light with kiln dried lumber
ghwall-jpg.273831

ghmorewalls-jpg.273832

Nothing to it really...Lots of DIY framing videos on the internet..
Just be carefull...I fell of the ladder today..from way up top.....Landed on my face..
I landed on my hands and feet and then my face...I was extremely lucky
I went back to work after repeatedly thanking God and then smoking a dube.

right now, Im waiting for the Green paint to dry on the door...so I can install it :)

KushCompass

KushCompass

Hell fuckin yeah! I love DIY type shit like this! My goal is to buy a bunch of acres and have a little farm.. Your a lucky man!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hell fuckin yeah! I love DIY type shit like this! My goal is to buy a bunch of acres and have a little farm.. Your a lucky man!
I am extremely lucky and grateful ..But I did I work my ass off for over 35 years to get here..;)

Ouch, hope your face is OK!

Thanks. :) it's a little sore, no black eye...so, thats good

Got the door installed...still gotta get a cheap lockset (doorknob)
foggy today (low clouds)
Greendoor

This morning I harvested some seeds that had been drying for 7or 8 weeks(?) in paper bags :)

Avatarf2seedsEwok1f2seedsEwok2f2seeds

royfree2grow

royfree2grow

you really workin' your ass off out there ken... i'm thinking i should start do the same... ;) looks very professional , cant wait to see some dank monsters in this house. gl

Top Bottom