Those Aren't Bananas...

• Thread starter montanamike1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
montanamike1

montanamike1

After poring over at least a few hundred posts from people who are looking for help with their plants in the "Advanced" section, I've come to the conclusion that we need to spread some basic botany knowledge. For a more complete description, see Robert Connoll Clark's "Marijuana Botany".

Here Goes:

Female Sexual Organ of a Plant: A Pistil, which is composed of an ovary attached to styles (the small hairs).
Male Sexual Organ of a Plant: A Stamen, which is composed of anthers (chronically referred to as "bananas").

That is all. Have a nice day :)

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I encourage this, obviously, MM1. I think that people should try to use the technical terms, just to better how our community is viewed by the world, as a whole. I do not claim to know all technical terms; and even when I do know, I still revert back to what I learned, sadly enough. I try hard though, to implant the technical term in my brain. Nice, legitimate shit MM1, REALLY NOICE lmfao. You are killing it with your posts! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

lol..damn look at that^^^...go ahead smack me down..lol:D

Totally based on his reply, not yours brother. You had better believe that I do not judge anyone... WELL unless I am pushed LMFAO. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Ok, double replys. WTF is going on? I guess I am actually one of the ignorant ones NOOOOOOOOO! Positive vibes...

squiggly

squiggly

I never tire of trying to teach.

Doesn't mean I'm infinitely hopeful about the prospects of others' learning, though.

I am not.

For those who have questions I can answer I'm ready 24/7. I take the cue from the people I look to for learning and advice, none of them ever get tired--so why should I?

There are a lot of dumb people around, though, and even more people who are set in their ways.

Nanners aren't going anywhere.

I'd bet money anthers won't be catching on any time soon either.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Totally based on his reply, not yours brother. You had better believe that I do not judge anyone... WELL unless I am pushed LMFAO. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Ok, double replys. WTF is going on? I guess I am actually one of the ignorantones NOOOOOOOOO!
yeah bro that post was a poke at squiggly..i was messn with him..lol...your post popped up before mine tho

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
lol, good one squiggly. The people who wanna know the nomenclature will take the courses or read the books...anther releases pollen granules and those land on the pistil and create a pollen tube and go down said tube. And when the pollen hits the ovule it's syngomy! And from there I'd just bore everyone...lmao

squiggly

squiggly

Meiosis....anyone?

We can do this all day. It's all drilled in there.

Not only do I know all about it but I can name all the phases from memory and draw the whole thing out for you--and pontificate for easily an hour on the intricacies of the various phases and the microtubules/kinetochore etc.

I could honestly spend like 2 hours on microtubules and actin alone--and this shit isn't even my specialty. They really kick our asses with this shit these days I swear.

:)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I hear you bro, 2 words, CROSSING OVER. lol

I was laughing with you at your "
I'd bet money anthers won't be catching on any time soon either."

squiggly

squiggly

In all honesty I would hope you can diagram it out, it's a basic topic in college level Biology :D

And we know your way past that!

edit: you know I'm taunting you with my smart ass ways...lol

Actually while you're bullshitting I'm finishing up biology 2 right now (which is all the phylogeny shit basically) because I skipped over it way back when--but yeah I've done multiple courses dealing with this shit now: Bio 1 of course, cell biology, microbiology, biochemistry (little bit), and genetics. I think that's it, maybe more.

Like I said they really piledrive us with this shit which is why it's "basic" knowledge. They just keep raising the bar up and up until you figure out you've been learning a lie for 5 years and only now have seen the truth.

pH was a great example of this for me (though there are many more). They basically tell you a bullshit story that gets you far enough and then eventually if you get that far they tell you it was all just for fun.

The difference is betweem idealized formulae and conditions, which often are the knowledge level that "basic" level college students and most laymen operate ate--and the real-world formulae and conditions which often are orders of magnitude more complicated (and usually unfortunately require at least Calc 3 and Diff EQ/Beyond is really needed to make a dent in anything "new").

Often when I get into an argument on these forums about chemistry (though I'm knowledgeable in many other areas, that's sort of my bag)--I'm bringing this real-world knowledge to the table.

I get accused of endlessly theorizing but the reality is that I've done these things with my hands and understand them implicitly for the most part--Inside outside upside down--and that, instead, it is usually these folks who are theorizing and have no applicable knowledge from the scientific perspective which is most often what I'm addressing as we all know.

It's not unsurprising--it's in many cases like trying to teach someone calculus who has never learned algebra. There's a missing link there.

I'm often accused of playing the pedant but the truth is that I'm usually just trying to cut the bullshit for people and tell them what's up because I know.

When I don't know, well I don't--and I usually say so.

I'll give you an example of the difference between what most people see and what I see.

Some of you might be familiar with the Ideal Gas Laws

pV=nRT

p1V1 / T1 = p2V2 / T2
etc...

These only work for ideal gases which is defined, according to google, as:
A hypothetical gas whose molecules occupy negligible space and have no interactions, and that consequently obeys the gas laws exactly.
or another way to say it--a fake nonexistant gas that has never existed ever.

Here's what the various gas equations look like to me:
f028b4bc100cbd2c79e01bcfb80493aa.png

bf354fc57fc3181c1da65d7c1f6326c4.png

83993c81b88a8e3cc0d0776909e4fa53.png

A little different no?

This type of thing goes beyond only math. It takes a lot of time to develop real scientific knowledge about stuff like this.

I have no problem with people applying experience based knowledge, that makes perfect sense--that's what most people have. Experience kicks the shit out of science all the time for that matter.

I only ever get my pannies in a bunch when people say some dumb shit that makes no sense and pass it off as science. No no no.
:)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Actually while you're bullshitting I'm finishing up biology 2 right now (which is all the phylogeny shit basically) because I skipped over it way back when--but yeah I've done multiple courses dealing with this shit now: Bio 1 of course, cell biology, microbiology, biochemistry (little bit), and genetics. I think that's it, maybe more.

I"m bullshitting? Excuse me bro, your not the only scientist on here with a degree or degrees...I'm a fairly sarcastic guy most the time, that doesn't mean Im not educated. I've taken many semesters of physics and other science related courses, I just don't spend my time trying to exhibit that. Now if your just joking, cool but seriously breaking those equations out just is a "how big is my cock move". Might or brains, it was an exhibition.

squiggly

squiggly

I"m bullshitting? Excuse me bro, your not the only scientist on here with a degree or degrees...I'm a fairly sarcastic guy most the time, that doesn't mean Im not educated. I've taken many semesters of physics and other science related courses, I just don't spend my time trying to exhibit that. Now if your just joking, cool but seriously breaking those equations out just is a "how big is my cock move". Might or brains, it was an exhibition.

Sorry dude I just realized this wasn't clear.

"While you're bullshitting" is a colloquial phrase where I grew up--it means "While you're at it" but it's a little different, it sort of means like "here's something I bet you didn't expect". Definitely not meant the way you took it.

This takes the meaning for "bullshitting" that is more like two guys talking back and forth are bullshitting with each other.

I realize you took it the wrong way and maybe you were just saying the rest of what you did in the moment because of that misunderstanding. If that's the case, cool.

If not, I will say--no I wasn't trying to do exhibition. I wouldn't go to math if I was doing that as it's not really my specialty. Those were copy/pasted from wikipedia. I really was just trying to illustrate the difference between the idealized and actual formulae/concepts that are dealt with at the two different levels.

No arrogance intended on my part, it didn't take a degree to say any of what I did there. Literally could find it all on wiki--most people just don't make the connections or care is all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom