Though I am not confident... I took the LED leap...

• Thread starter GanjaJack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Nope you have that backwards.... there''s a couple of us here that are die hard hps growers but we both had the same experience. @Dirtbag after being gifted an SE 3000 and growing the same plants at the same time 2 Bubble Bomb under my 1000w hps and 1 under the Se3000 the led won hands down......harder bigger and better smoke.....I'm ready to bite the bullet and buy another led and store away my hps.....although I've had to add a heater to my flower room now so its not going to be cheaper in the winter than my hps.
how many watts per sq ft did u have for the SE3000?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
how many watts per sq ft did u have for the SE3000?
I've never worked that out but I grew the 1 BB in a 3x3'x 6't all closet scrog. I now have 2 under it in a 6'x4'x9'space light 18" above, no scrog....The se 3000 draws about 300 w max at 100% The 1000w hps I have an open room I've been able to squeeze 18 under at various heights and ages but 9 fit comfortably in about a 6'x6'x6'' area

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I changed everything to led and cut my bill in half. In the winter I have to add heat, so not much of a savings in winter for me.

Neat, just thought of a heat solution.... Just remove one of my 1000w hps, put the other 1000w hps in the middle of the two LED's.

I don't have to run the 1000w the whole time, just run it for like 4-5 hours, just enough to maintain the temps and give added light or run it like 2 hours after lights on and 2 hours before lights off
Ah there's the catch.....Will they still be working in 2 years? hps mechanical ballast last for 20 years...just replace the lamp annually. Will the led lights last is the question I have....I've had 2 digital hps ballast blow on me in 2 years I'm back to mechanical....I have an se 3000 ..and love it. I want another....$500 ...I'm just nervous about their longevity.....new shit just doesn't seem to last like the old shit.

Phantom Digital 1000w has lasted me 6-8 years so far.(Just can't remember when I bought it.)

I am thinking that with these SF's that you don't need to buy the whole light if something goes wrong, just have to buy the driver/ballast, which would make replacement a lot cheaper I would hope.

They are rated at 100,000 hours of life, by Samsung and there is 8,700 hours in a year. I am quite confident in the quality.

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

Get the sf7000 the driver gets red hot and bears the whole room . It was a bit overkill for my 4x4 so it’s back in the box . Won it here from spider farmer
I was considering it... But, what I am trying to do here is flat out replacing the 2 x 1000w hps and cutting my electric bill for growing in half. So that I get twice the garden size running the same 1000w.

Originally, I was running in a 5x5 area. but the entire room is 5 x 8, so I said fuck it, and am growing the whole room. So bought myself another 1000w... Then the electric bill came a 3 weeks later, they boosted the bill by $350. Claiming "Delivery has gotten more expensive" and all this other fucking nonsense..... It doesn't actually reflect the electric usage as they haven't been up to read my meter since last year.

Either way, I went into "bunker mentality" mode and reviewed all of the electricity usage in my grow. Decided to go full LED and still may end up having to use the 1000w in the winter time to heat the area.

I even started looking into solar panels but... That's a huge expensive leap I really don't want to take, and won't really save me any money in the end, it would only save the next owners of this house after I die.

LOL!

Last edited:
Top Bottom