Thoughts on Masterblend regime, and improving it.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Superior to Masterblend?? Looks like micros only...(?)
Yea, I'll add extra nitrogen, calcium, potassium, magnesium, sulfate, amine's, acids, hormones; fluvic, metabolites, enzymes, surfactant; and dial phosphate more closely. I'm already doing all the former. This is just a progression of what I'm already doing.

I'll just use the monopotassium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, and start having a use for the potassium nitrate finally. I also regulate calcium, potassium independently. So that give me a little wiggle room with ratio's, and regulating pH

The key is order.

Frostfire

Frostfire

Yea, I'll add extra nitrogen, calcium, potassium, magnesium, sulfate, amine's, acids, hormones; fluvic, metabolites, enzymes, surfactant; and dial phosphate more closely. I'm already doing all the former. This is just a progression of what I'm already doing.

I'll just use the monopotassium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, and start having a use for the potassium nitrate finally.
OK, so no more Masterblend for you, huh?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
OK, so no more Masterblend for you, huh?
I'm going to finish this grow, but I'm certainly going to look into evolving this further, yes. I'm in no rush, my method is solid,

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'd like to follow your progress if you have any journal here.

Here's the current grow.

mark360jones

mark360jones

I am on my fifth grow and wow!
Easy, cheap and it works every time DTW COCO

For early flowering (week 3) per 5 gallons
8g magnesium sulfate
2g calcium nitrate
8g Masterblend base
1/2 Hammer head
Mid flowering weeks 4-6 per 5 gallons
10g magnesium sulfate
1g Calcium Nitrate
10g Masterblend base
Full Hammer head
Week before flush
5g magnesium sulfate
5g Masterblend base
1/2 Hammer head
flush for a week or so or until ppms come out under 200
Sorry to jump on the thread (i know its last year)but is your feed schedule the one from soil2coco he has flower fuel instead of hammerhead

S

sagadella

Yea, so this shit should be virtually every time, correct? I'm just starting to wise up to that little fact, and if you go too strong, your going to murder them, so your kinda stuck doing the measure thing again.

I'm thinking concentrate the crap in a gallon jug, then figure out how much a cup of the stuff is, (60 grams, 60 grams and 30 grams) and go form there.
I do like it, and it allows for going lighter, and doing something else instead, like a humic acid wash, or some occasional kelp, or adding potassium bicarb, or potassium hydroxide toward the end. It certainly allows for constant manipulation of the recipe.
The results of this regime speak for themselves, here's some of the end results from this grow.
Masterblend used in compliment with other basic ingredients can make an affordable high quality fertilizer regime.

View attachment 1191566View attachment 1191567View attachment 1191568
What grow system or media did you use with your Master Blend grow? And are you still using it for nutrients now?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I am on my fifth grow and wow!
Easy, cheap and it works every time DTW COCO

For early flowering (week 3) per 5 gallons
8g magnesium sulfate
2g calcium nitrate
8g Masterblend base
1/2 Hammer head
Mid flowering weeks 4-6 per 5 gallons
10g magnesium sulfate
1g Calcium Nitrate
10g Masterblend base
Full Hammer head
Week before flush
5g magnesium sulfate
5g Masterblend base
1/2 Hammer head
flush for a week or so or until ppms come out under 200
I am using a similar recipe actually; except I'm making my enzymes; and more N.. A lot more N..
and some simple amino acids during the flower cycle.... Been using some wrights.... (concentrated tree sap); GABA, alkyl extracted fluvic, glycine; and tads of sugars... coconut; malts... Recipe very dialed; and developmentally stage dependent.
Wrights1

Gaba1
100 Water Soluble Drip Irrigation 60 70 90 95 98 Fluvic Fulvic Acid
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Mix it in a blender?
I do my mixing in sequence...

first the masterblend; and mag/sulfate... shake...
then acids; if any getting added. fluvics... aminos...
Then calcium nitrate.... shake, shake....
Then calcium hydroxide... shake..
sugars; if any....,ph check; recalibrate... w/calcium hydroxide... or potassium hydroxide.. shake shake...

There is a method to the madness; avoiding precipitation; avoiding gasses created...

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'd like to follow your progress if you have any journal here.
So as it turns out; the microplex was of little use here; actually... At least for my current needs; but good to have in the lineup if needed in a pinch. Seems that the masterblend is pretty good ratio; and you can add some considerable amounts of N; acids; amine's and other bioactive; without knocking the micro's out of line... It certainly can be done; but it's going to require 1/16 to 1/32 tsp per gallon; and needs to be very tightly dialed.

Since I've started with this base regime; once I get to flowering; I'm essentially just adding the icing on the cake so to speak. Same formulation; just more complex acids added in.... That way I'm never over 900->1000 ppm... and very very highly buffered solutions. Exceptionally pH stable.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What grow system or media did you use with your Master Blend grow? And are you still using it for nutrients now?
Yes; and using coco as substrate.
Here's some results from the last grow that I've been smoking with this method.
Purple gorilla 5
PXL 20220214 093357189MP
PXL 20220221 031804614MP
PXL 20220221 052751810MP   Copy 2

and the current grow...
PXL 20220321 051321425MP

PXL 20220321 051338289MP
PXL 20220317 162100445MP
PXL 20220319 085648590MP
PXL 20220319 085535469MP
Last edited:

Latest posts