Thoughts on Power Si Additive

• Thread starter Odiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

Yeah for stopping stretch it’s better if you foliar spray it at like 1-3ml/ gallon helps reduce the stretch

How often do you need apply it in a foliar spray? Are you using the bloom or original formula? I assume you would stop using Power Si as a foliar after budset?

Madmax

Madmax

I have bought a bottle cost me 200£ had it a month not used it yet ... I here it can stop stretch ?? Any one any experience using it for stretch ?
Never stopped stretch on my girls.theres grow room parameters that come into play that can stop stretch.day-night temp differences,reducing watering and nutrients.light height to canopy.. etc..

Last edited:
cottageman

cottageman

How often do you need apply it in a foliar spray? Are you using the bloom or original formula? I assume you would stop using Power Si as a foliar after budset?
I sprayed once every 5-7 days with the original and I always add ogbiowar foliar to the mix for the added benefits. Yeah I stop at the end of week 2 usually

Sleezygrow

Sleezygrow

I’ve ran pro tek, heavy16 prime(potassium silicate), aptus facilitator, vitalize by mills and power si. I’ve seen a noticeable difference between potassium silicate and silicic acid without a doubt. I thought it was all hype but I’ve tried power si’s bloom formula for a few months now and it’s without a doubt helped the stacking in flower a lot. I imagine that being partly based on the aminos and kelp they add in it but it’s worked for me. Silicic acid also has proven benefits over potassium silicate when foliar sprayed. It has shown to increase yield and help prevent bug and disease infestations at a higher rate than potassium silicate. I add the original power si into my veg sprays now as well

Do you use both prime and power si?

cottageman

cottageman

what’s your reasoning for cutting prime in flower? i’m running heavy16 and use those additives in flower
I feel like I don’t need it and I’m going to automate my hps room and I want the lines as clean as possible without taking anything away that I think I need. The power si bloom has amino acids and kelp that prime have, and silica as well so I just run power si bloom, drip clean and Athena blended minus stack and cleanse

FiveLeggedGoat

FiveLeggedGoat

Aptus Fasilitor is the best monosilicic acid on the market in my opinion. Fasilitor is the product that kicked off this whole silica craze to begin with... It was the first stabilized form of monosilicic acid to hit the market and dozens of companies have since released similar products trying to cash in on the craze.

Here's why Fasilitor is the best silicic acid on the market: Due to the nature of silicic acid, it is very difficult to stabilize in a concentrated liquid form. Because Aptus was the first to do this, they basically chose the best stabilization method and patented it. So every other company that has since come out with a silicic acid product are simply using inferior stabilization methods. PowerSi for instance uses phosphoric acid to stabilize it's product which causes it to become less bio-available over time and also adds unnecessary levels of phosphorus into your media. Fasilitor has neither of those problems due to their proprietary stabilization method.

I use Fasilitor at 0.5ml per gallon every watering from week 1 of veg all the way to flush.

cottageman

cottageman

Aptus Fasilitor is the best monosilicic acid on the market in my opinion. Fasilitor is the product that kicked off this whole silica craze to begin with... It was the first stabilized form of monosilicic acid to hit the market and dozens of companies have since released similar products trying to cash in on the craze.

Here's why Fasilitor is the best silicic acid on the market: Due to the nature of silicic acid, it is very difficult to stabilize in a concentrated liquid form. Because Aptus was the first to do this, they basically chose the best stabilization method and patented it. So every other company that has since come out with a silicic acid product are simply using inferior stabilization methods. PowerSi for instance uses phosphoric acid to stabilize it's product which causes it to become less bio-available over time and also adds unnecessary levels of phosphorus into your media. Fasilitor has neither of those problems due to their proprietary stabilization method.

I use Fasilitor at 0.5ml per gallon every watering from week 1 of veg all the way to flush.
From what I understand the creator of power si worked very closely with the guy who created the stabilization process for silicic acid, Rex-sil I think was the original product before aptus even. I’ve had a friend send in power si, aptus and elite 91 silicic acid to a lab to test for silicic acid content and power si had the highest concentration of silicic acid. I also think they stabilize the same way as aptus, power si talked all about this a year or two ago on Instagram. I’ve also seen lab results that showed aptus had a shit ton of sodium in it which is not great either

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

How do you guys think Grow Genius mono-silicic acid compares to the Aptus?

I got a killer deal on their 250ml bottle when growgreenmi.com had it as a Dank Deal for $108, so I jumped on it.

I don't think I was using enough at first and was also told it starts to dissipate after 3 days and needs re-dosed.

Been running it pretty heavy for the last 2 weeks and really seeing some good results overall.

joest2003

joest2003

From what I understand the creator of power si worked very closely with the guy who created the stabilization process for silicic acid, Rex-sil I think was the original product before aptus even. I’ve had a friend send in power si, aptus and elite 91 silicic acid to a lab to test for silicic acid content and power si had the highest concentration of silicic acid. I also think they stabilize the same way as aptus, power si talked all about this a year or two ago on Instagram. I’ve also seen lab results that showed aptus had a shit ton of sodium in it which is not great either
Some people like to make their minds up before trying a product. Hey to each their own, more Powersi for us LOL. Never seen stems so thick in my life. Going into flower now and would like to slow stretching. You suggest 3ml of original per gallon for a foliar?

SSgrower

SSgrower

I am on my 1st. run using ProteKt and will be watching for the effects & benefits. Interesting thread,Cheers! SS

jasper19

jasper19

Do has anyone tried the granular version of Power Si ? I’d like to get some Power Si for my next round, liquid or granular, in about 4 weeks and for a first time use about half strength for my soilless mix with Jack’s RO, the Jack’s is really working well but growth is going so good it’s exposing weak stems as buds start to really pack on.

mikeross

mikeross

Do has anyone tried the granular version of Power Si ? I’d like to get some Power Si for my next round, liquid or granular, in about 4 weeks and for a first time use about half strength for my soilless mix with Jack’s RO, the Jack’s is really working well but growth is going so good it’s exposing weak stems as buds start to really pack on.
If you do go with the granular version please report back with your findings.

I run Power Si original in veg @ .5ml per gallon and I use original in flower but only as a foliar spray. I spray at 4ml per gallon, 3 days apart, 4 application and it keeps my plants in flower shorter with much tighter node spacing.

I think Power Si does get some hate cause of the hype and price but IMO its worth it.

jasper19

jasper19

Well the price has dropped down to about $45 for a small bottle at a couple places so that’s not a big factor as it was. I just took a few cuts for my next run in my small tent of a couple cuts Santa Cruz BlueDream and a couple of Piffcoast PC3. They should be ready to go into tent in a few weeks and I think I’m going to try it on one one of each cut and the other cut of each just Jack’s RO in 5 gallon bags of soilless mix. If it comes to be I will make the effort to update and maybe pics. Everyone seems to choose the liquid and both Jack’s and Power Si say it’s OK to mix them together before drench on bags. .5 ml per gallon and I spread a gallon over 4 bags every 2-3 days and feed every water as well. Let’s see.

Top Bottom