Thoughts On Using Mid Bloom Instead Of Cs Late Throughout Flower

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slimjimham

slimjimham

I have both the cultured solutions mid bloom and the cs late powder... I'm thinking about just trying to do a run with the mid bloom at higher levels as their chart calls for without the use of cs late...

I have a couple strains lightly Fox tailing, not sure if it's the strain or the cs late.

What do you think.... Anyone try both ways (a,b,mid) vs (a,b,mid,late)

And have a report on which worked better?

slimjimham

slimjimham

If no one can give any input on this maybe you guys can fill me in on what nutrient lines you guys are using and how they are working out for ya. And if you are using the ppm scale recommended by current culture/cultured solutions

Thanks

I find the cultured solutions is pretty ph stable and am hesitant to switch but I haven't really tried anything else but aquaflakes on my first grow...

Apollo13

Apollo13

I use flakes for first part of flower and cal mag, micro and bloom from gh for lat and then flush. Flakes seemed a lil nitrogen full for late flower for me.

I never never NEVER use full strength, at least off the bat. In uc, aqua flakes burned mine really bad going from 350 ppm ionic to 300 flakes.. bad. Almost made me quit.

I know shooting powder and booster can cause foxtail. A Few strains? Something is wrong switch fast.

Genesis

Genesis

I have only done runs just using the mid (that is how they originally had the line A+B veg, and A+B+mid bud boost). Their old charts show it using just mid, you should follow that. Below is the original feeding chart, hope it helps you man:

Culturedsched

slimjimham

slimjimham

I use the same one but the newer one calls for a bit Lower ppm... I find I typically let it go 50-100ppm higher than they call for so it's about the same

... Just noticed the chart is the same but says ppm are lower on this one...

Screenshot 2015 05 28 12 15 34
Genesis

Genesis

I use the same one but the newer one calls for a bit Lower ppm... I find I typically let it go 50-100ppm higher than they call for so it's about the same

... Just noticed the chart is the same but says ppm are lower on this one...

Yeah I usually max out at 1.2 EC like the one you use. Maybe someone will pop by who has used the only the mid boost vs. the early and late w/ mid as well. Best of luck bro.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

The mid booster would work fine for that.

There is a Basic Water Culture recommendation for CS that uses only the Mid BB and will perform well.

slimjimham

slimjimham

I hear ya, I'm just trying to figure out of the late is worth using... Seems to actually be much more cost effective to use the late but like I said I'm just not sure of it causes any fox tailing...

Also do you guys use rapid start in veg? I know a couple doing it, I'm trying it in veg this run, see if I notice anything

Apollo13

Apollo13

I run. 200- 400 ppm. I see cc has another feeding schedule for 1.5 LPM AIR. I run. over that, kept burning roots. I couldn't figure it out, just stuck witb what worked. when I saw current culture super feed chart, I then felt comfortable at lower nutrients. I agree, more air less nutrients. I'm trying cc next.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Yeah I run 2 ecoplus commercial 1's in each uc4xl system so I think I'm a bit over the standard air ratios too...

1 pump for every 2 buckets... What do you guys think, enough air, not enough, too much... And any thoughts on using rapid start in veg? More roots, more fruits right?... If it works

Apollo13

Apollo13

never too much air...but it can make 500 ppm burn.. so more air, less nutrients. Or learn like I did...

Apollo13

Apollo13

I run Heisenberg tea..for roots, pythium, and to not bother with ridiculously labor intensive sterile hydros.

slimjimham

slimjimham

For me I found the tea to be much more of a pain since I run 6 systems so I needed fresh tea constantly. That's what I started with

Apollo13

Apollo13

cc says if u run over 1.5 liters of air per minute per liter of water, u must drop nutrients. I agree. and I figured this out on my own with a few wasted weeks of experiments. I have never heard this until I saw current culture supercharged feeding schedule.

Apollo13

Apollo13

however I will need a garbage can because I too, use a lot of it..buckets go fast. I run 70 gallons, going to 140.

ken dog

ken dog

You asked for thoughts...

I dropped CS because they did not have a 3 part bloom... it is my understanding that mid and late bloom have different ratios of PK in them, and for good reason.
I switched before I knew that they came out with a 3-part bloom... I personally, would try it if I didn't already switch.

slimjimham

slimjimham

What are you using now and how's it going? I'm very happy with the cs nutes specifically because they seem to be extremely ph stable but I don't have anything to really compare to...

First run when I didn't really know what's up was aquaflakes and it seemed like it had too much N everything was ultra dark, but maybe it was something I was doing.

When I get back from vaca I'm gonna use one system as an experiment system where I try different nutes... kind of between running aquaflakes again or maybe gh, maybe dynagrow...

Anyone have any 'I switched to ____, and it was night and day' stories?

I can say I wish I got a bit more size from some buds (feel like I yielded less but had bigger buds but also allot of larf with soil), in general hydro seems to be lots of medium sized buds for me, but I'm Scrogging now which I didn't do in soil. Also co2 in room is low (220-400ppm) going to hook my co2 tanks up to my meter and bring it around 7/800 I think since it's a perpetual room

... and I'm blitzed, sorry for the ramble. The train went off the tracks on that one ha

Latest posts

Top Bottom