Three-Phase Panels

• Thread starter Olyver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Olyver

Olyver

Not all greenhouses are single-phase. Here are two three-phase panels with several options. RANCO digital temp controllers for high temp shutdown, SIEMENS PLC for time delays and auxillary sensor shutdown.

Olyver

3 phase panel 2
3 phase panel 1
true grit

true grit

Looks very impressive Olyver! My question though and hopefully you can explain me....what is a three phase panel? Different light cycles, control different lights at different times?

homebrew420

homebrew420

THe "three phase refer to the number of phases in the electrical system. They are 120 degrees out of sync from one another....It's basically 3 separate lines of power in stead of 2 which is oddly called single phase. Used in commercial and industrial applications. I am running power for a group of growers in Boulder that will be running 30,000W total in veg and flower. They thought they had 240v at the panel and were sadly disappointed when they found out they were running 208. 208 is 3 phase 120, which means from phase to phase, or line to line, one will read 208v, and from any line to ground one will read 120v. Hope that helps explain without getting technical.

Olyver

Olyver

You can still power 220V/240V equipment from a three-phase system.

Olyver

Top Bottom