Thrips

• Thread starter Moegsien
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moegsien

Moegsien

Hello guys and girls. I have a thrips issue and I'm not sure how to get rid of them. My baby is in week 6 of flower. The thrips I've found this far aren't big at all. They look like babies. Any tips on how to get rid of them?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Do the sticky pad on the container floor , like i posted before , i'll try to find the link...

dire wolf

dire wolf

Sticky thing , short version , go to plant shop , amazon or home depot, get the sticky glue paper cards ( roach /mouse traps ), hang them all around and place them on your container tops...

Thrips will jump around and get stuck on paper , you will kill 50 to 100 in a few days
Be careful ,they are sticky as hell, 75 %chance you will arrange them around and kill half your bud and get stuck to every other damn thing in the house....

Maybe forget about it....and finish up you grow , then throw away all organic material and clean the area like a hospital..

Smoking a few thrips never hurt anyone i know...

Moegsien

Moegsien

Sticky thing , short version , go to plant shop , amazon or home depot, get the sticky glue paper cards ( roach /mouse traps ), hang them all around and place them on your container tops...

Thrips will jump around and get stuck on paper , you will kill 50 to 100 in a few days
Be careful ,they are sticky as hell, 75 %chance you will arrange them around and kill half your bud and get stuck to every other damn thing in the house....

Maybe forget about it....and finish up you grow , then throw away all organic material and clean the area like a hospital..

Smoking a few thrips never hurt anyone i know...
Thank you very much. I'm going to pick up some at the hydro store.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Lower temperatures and higher humidity can help to control a thrip population, but it will not kill them. Obviously be careful of raising your humidity level too much this late in flower. Good luck with your pest problem and finishing flowering! Positive vibes...

~nugzz

THCMonster

THCMonster

Hey Moegsien
I Work at a Hydroponic store and have seen this a million times over!

Please what ever you do, do not use and product with oil or spinsad in it! There are going to be in final product.

I would highly recommend an alcohol based product or an essential oil based product, but nothing with heavy oils like soybean, canola, grapeseed.

And potassium salt based or potassium soap based products will work great because it absorbs into ur plant as an actual nutrient source without leaving and residue.

Also if you happen to get the sticky traps make sure you get the BLUE ones, otherwise you will just be wasting your money. Thrips are drawn to the color so you will stick a hell of a lot more of them!

Also if you happen to run CO2 you could just bump up the ppm rate to 1800-2000ppm and that will sufficate them to death.

Hope this helps.
Good luck!

P.S. make sure you get rid of them quick because thrips can actually eat away gardens, seeing that your in your key stages of flowers you want to limit the most amount of stress to your plants.

Moegsien

Moegsien

Hey Moegsien

Please what ever you do, do not use and product with oil or spinsad in it! There are going to be in final product.

I would highly recommend an alcohol based product or an essential oil based product, but nothing with heavy oils like soybean, canola, grapeseed.

And potassium salt based or potassium soap based products will work great because it absorbs into ur plant as an actual nutrient source without leaving and residue.

Also if you happen to get the sticky traps make sure you get the BLUE ones, otherwise you will just be wasting your money. Thrips are drawn to the color so you will stick a hell of a lot more of them!

Also if you happen to run CO2 you could just bump up the ppm rate to 1800-2000ppm and that will sufficate them to death.

Hope this helps.
Good luck!

P.S. make sure you get rid of them quick because thrips can actually eat away gardens, seeing that your in your key stages of flowers you want to limit the most amount of stress to your plants.
Thanks! I was actually wondering which one I should get.

And just a question on co2 since you mentioned it. When is it necessary for one to run co2. I'm not currently running co2. I had of these co2 table I used for a while but it proved too tedious to maintain.

Thanks again for the help!

Moegsien

Moegsien

T
Lower temperatures and higher humidity can help to control a thrip population, but it will not kill them. Obviously be careful of raising your humidity level too much this late in flower. Good luck with your pest problem and finishing flowering! Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Thankss man! Appreciate the tip.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Thanks! I was actually wondering which one I should get.

And just a question on co2 since you mentioned it. When is it necessary for one to run co2. I'm not currently running co2. I had of these co2 table I used for a while but it proved too tedious to maintain.

Thanks again for the help!

For potassium soap on contact killer I would use:

Safer-Insect killing Soap -or-
Bonide- garden insect soap spray

Just make sure any product that is soap based is *potassium salts of fatty acids* in the active ingredients and nothing else.

Make sure you get the concentrate form and not the RTU (ready to use) because most the time that shits trash.

If you can manage to pick up some 29-35% H202 (hydrogen peroxide) from a hydro store then grab some of that as that will help prevent any PM (powdery mildew) from happening this late into flower seeing as you have to spray. 5ml or 1tsp per gallon of the H202

And you can also mix in some alcohol 91% from the store about 10% by volume. (This is completely optional)
It just makes the spray more effective.

Just like mites spray both the top leaves and the bottom leaves. If you have a dehumidifier i would highly recommend using that when you spray. Also make sure to spray before the lights come on or after they go off. I usually foliar plants an hour to 1/2 hour before the lights come on because by then the spray should have mostly evaporated and the lights when they do turn on will evaporate any residual moisture on the leaves.

Also as far as CO2 goes you can start using it whenever you want... Its best to run it all the way thru Veg/Bloom, but the biggest benefit your gonna get is in the last 5-6 weeks of flower including flush period.

Ponky

Ponky

I wouldn't be too worried on this crop. Fly paper if you want. If you can CO2 poison them I would do that. When you come down clean up really well. Use a prevention program on the next crop. Week 6. I wouldn't spray. But.. you could manually dust with a bulb and diatomaceous earth

Maddoggie

Maddoggie

Hey Moegsien

Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Wrong, yellow will catch 3 times more thrips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom