Thumbs Up on Frigidare Drying Method

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

I put my armpit in the freezer and it stinks twice as loud.

Does that make sense?

Think about it.... Today's pot growers are growing deodorant growstore snake oil plants, not natural armpit plants. We don't recognize this hawthorne crap as Cannabis. Fuck hydro, fuck terpenes, fuck hay, its all about them proteins booooooooyyy.

You got dudes out here storing nasty unsmokable bud in a refrigerator patting themselves on the back for 300 ozs of weed i flush down the toilet after one hit..

Time to wake up potheads. You gotta get off that nasty bullshit trail, the big timers got you beat on that nasty placebo market production. Better consider growing some sticky dank (proteins produce thiols when broken down) and quit fucking around like the grow store is some 3rd world religious site or some shit.

Every modern trend in Cannabis is detrimental to Cannabis! Fuck hydro! Grow something worth growing,sticky with proteins, it cures itself, no brovida delusions required, no clinging to evaporating terps of nasty bud.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter

Does that make sense?

Think about it.... Today's pot growers are growing deodorant growstore snake oil plants, not natural armpit plants. We don't recognize this hawthorne crap as Cannabis. Fuck hydro, fuck terpenes, fuck hay, its all about them proteins booooooooyyy.

You got dudes out here storing nasty unsmokable bud in a refrigerator patting themselves on the back for 300 ozs of weed i flush down the toilet after one hit..

Time to wake up potheads. You gotta get off that nasty bullshit trail, the big timers got you beat on that nasty placebo market production. Better consider growing some sticky dank (proteins produce thiols when broken down) and quit fucking around like the grow store is some 3rd world religious site or some shit.

Every modern trend in Cannabis is detrimental to Cannabis! Fuck hydro! Grow something worth growing,sticky with proteins, it cures itself, no brovida delusions required, no clinging to evaporating terps of nasty bud.
I've been growing since long before there were any modern trends, other than a HID light source. I should have stuck with a 100 watt light bulb? Your sticky dank buds aint worth shit if you let them get moldy or overdried. I found a decent way to dry them that works for me... what is so wrong with it and so superior about whatever way that you recommend? I have no idea WTF got you riled up about my post, but you are certainly entitled to your opinions. Perhaps contributing something useful to us degenerates would improve things instead of bashing things, which helps and improves nothing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Does that make sense?

None of the regular posters around here are like the growers you keep pontificating about. Thats the commercial rec market and stores. And im sure not all of them.

And you are just continually giving a harsh (and incorrect) personal opinion and blanketing a whole indistry with it.

For high quality flowers many methods work. It is up to the grower and their environment mostly. And i dont think that last statement is just my opinion.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

I've been growing since long before there were any modern trends, other than a HID light source. I should have stuck with a 100 watt light bulb? Your sticky dank buds aint worth shit if you let them get moldy or overdried. I found a decent way to dry them that works for me... what is so wrong with it and so superior about whatever way that you recommend? I have no idea WTF got you riled up about my post, but you are certainly entitled to your opinions. Perhaps contributing something useful to us degenerates would improve things instead of bashing things, which helps and improves nothing.
And I love how my weed dried out partway in fridge...t worked great. I will do it with all now.
Happy growing and blessings😎😉

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Found a even better way to finish off the dry! Once they are taken out of the fridge, they usually have to dry a little more to get the moisture out of the stem. The buds are dry enough to smoke and enjoy, but not quite to the stem snap condition I prefer to store them at. Being a Sunday afternoon and the start of the football season, the amended way of drying is to put all of the buds into big gallon ziplock bags. When you want to catch a buzz or medicate, simply open the bag and take off enough to satisfy your needs for the moment/session. Repeat this process as you watch the games, or anything else on the tube and before you know it, the buds will have dried from the constant opening of the ziplock, and you get to enjoy the process much more than staring at mason jars!
FWIW, this is a feeble attempt at humor. After a harvest, I usually have a bag of buds that I withdraw from while watching TV. After a week or two, the buds are nicely finished and I get to enjoy the process. This is a joke, so don't yell at me about screwing up the terps or something! :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Found a even better way to finish off the dry! Once they are taken out of the fridge, they usually have to dry a little more to get the moisture out of the stem. The buds are dry enough to smoke and enjoy, but not quite to the stem snap condition I prefer to store them at. Being a Sunday afternoon and the start of the football season, the amended way of drying is to put all of the buds into big gallon ziplock bags. When you want to catch a buzz or medicate, simply open the bag and take off enough to satisfy your needs for the moment/session. Repeat this process as you watch the games, or anything else on the tube and before you know it, the buds will have dried from the constant opening of the ziplock, and you get to enjoy the process much more than staring at mason jars!
FWIW, this is a feeble attempt at humor. After a harvest, I usually have a bag of buds that I withdraw from while watching TV. After a week or two, the buds are nicely finished and I get to enjoy the process. This is a joke, so don't yell at me about screwing up the terps or something! :)
Lol waiting for the first person who only reads the first paragraph.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

I do love a baggy with good buds to sniff.....🤣😎

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Since I've been growing, nothing strikes fear in me more than the drying process. Curing is pretty easy and straightforward, but drying is walking a very thin line between drying too quickly and getting mold or mildew. Both can happen overnight and strike without warning. About 6 months ago I saw a post about drying in a refrigerator. It wasn't too popular of an idea from my memory, but it appealed to me.
I took a sizable raw branch from a freshly sacrificed plant and simply set on inside a frost free refrigerator I had. Over the course of about 2 weeks, I kept my eye on it and I removed it today. It is still not totally dried to the point it is ready for curing, but it has dried perfectly and totally free from mold or other problems.
I'm going to try this on a larger scale to try to recapture the old Piney taste that I remember from the late 80s, when Hawaiian made it's way to the NE at $125/Oz. I've tried to capture it, and it was almost uncured in appearance. Small, bright Green pointy buds, like tiny Christmas trees!. I'm hoping the fridge drying method helps to preserve the more sensitive Terps profile. I have some Hawaiian strains I'm going to try the dry with... hopefully I'll recapture the old Piney taste
$125 an ounce, for Hawaiian? Not here in sunny so cal. $40 an eight back in the day. Oz wasn't an option. Grew a seed from a $10 gm once (early 80's). Not bad but not as good as I had smoked. Sure wish I had that seed today😉

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
$125 an ounce, for Hawaiian? Not here in sunny so cal. $40 an eight back in the day. Oz wasn't an option. Grew a seed from a $10 gm once (early 80's). Not bad but not as good as I had smoked. Sure wish I had that seed today😉
Back in the late 70s and early 80s, ANY type of green buds were exotic and called Hawaiian, since nobody knew much else in the wilds of the mountain areas of the Appalachian/Alleghenny ranges. Anything other than regular Colombian was few and far between, and I was the only person other than the guy who showed me how to do it, that could grow anything indoors. For years it was like local legend, sort of like the moonshiners around here. Was it Hawaiian? I really don't know but it was called Hawaiian of some type. They were small, Christmas tree shaped buds, each about the size for a bong full. I would have shit if I had ever seen a big bud like is common nowadays!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Huh, would be cool to see if it works.
I've never had a problem with mold, I think too high of rh and lack of air flow would be to blame.
Mine either dried too fast, or too slow. It was always difficult avoiding mildew as the location gets damp n the summer and caused some issues if you didn't have things just right. The refrig method has worked extremely well for me for drying. They still need to be aged or cured if you wish, but as for just drying them slowly, it works very well. It helps preserve your flavor a little better than regular drying, or at least my regular drying. I have to admit that this was the easiest and simplest dry that I've had in decades

Observationist

Observationist

Good point on the bags maybe I will try a little of both. I happy to hear positive results it will allow me to start my next run 2weeks faster as I use my controlled grow room to dry in.
I got mine in paper bags in paper bags in paper bags, paper clipped shut, paper clipped shut….lol so on.

Top Bottom