^^((ThunderKid's Geo Pots & 1200 Watts!))^^

• Thread starter Thundurkel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

Sorry man, for littering your threads with the same song. I'm no expert, but i've definitely ran a ton more than you have. And i've done lots of research on the topic.

45min on low heat in a frying pan of water... It's purged enough for my taste I don't like it all gooey and hard to handle.. I just went through the Oil pictures thread and saw post after post of butter looking BHO like mine so I'm doing things right... Here's how I do mine BHO... I take a glass of hot water and put it in the microwave for a min on high, then I pour that water in my frying pan... put my pyrex pie dish in the pan of hot water and run my butane through my turkey baster of trim/ground bud.. let it all bubble off till it stops bubbling completely and I pop all the bubbles with a lil eyeglass screwdriver swirling all the oil around the dish.... then I bring it inside and put it on the stove on low and continue my purging... then I stir for 45min letting it sit between stirs to bubble up again and continue this throughout the 45min till it goes clear and stops bubbling... after that it will go auto butter on you if you let it sit on the heat long enough after it's fully purged. You can then go a step further if you don't want the butter look and toss your chunks back into the pie dish and stick it directly on the burner and purge it till it completely clear and end up with this.....

those pics are very, very overpurged. You can tell by the dark color. This dark color is not exclusive to overpurged oil. It can come from pulverized trim or small buds. The chlorophyll is leached by the butane and is carried over into the pyrex. This is why many prefer whole, unground, nugs. It reduces the amount of chlorophyll that will transfer over.

So it may be one or the other.

I don't see how it would be under purged though being cloudy cuz I can pull it off a min earlier and it will be straight amber rock candy and not cloudy at all that's why it's swirled cuz I'm still getting my technique down... I also want to try a better brand of butane since I hear Neon is at the lower end of the list. But I also read that Neon was just as good as King so I will do a test of Vector vs Neon and see if I get that big of a difference in product...

amber rock candy is what we are after. the cloudiness and swirl are from tiny bubbles trapped inside the oil. what is in these bubbles? butane.

i may be wrong, perhaps you are over purging. Judging from your last statement, it may be so. Try taking it off at the point that you know it'll be amber. Or as we say, shatter.
It may seem hard to work with as shatter, but you'll find that a quick touch of a flame will soften it enough for a dab.

Here is some bomb GodsGift oil that i made, i thought at the time that it was perfect, but i think that this is still a tiny bit underpurged. Its near perfect though .

http://i305.invalid.com/albums/nn216/spcamacho/P9282286.jpg
http://i305.invalid.com/albums/nn216/spcamacho/P9282288.jpg

not baggin on you bro. just tryin to get you to see some golden sappy goodness!!

practice makes perfect.:anim_19:

T

Thundurkel

Thanks I appreciate it really and I had a feeling I didn't want to grind my trim up! Got too excited making the shit cuz I'm at the end of my dank and have nothing but larf and broken up bud... Lil piece of shatter has made 4 bowl sessions into 1 bowl session hahaha

T

Thundurkel

I think I may be making like a mix of budder and shatter? I read budder is made by heating and whipping the oil yea? Reason I say is cuz I do whip the shit out of my oil to get all the bubbles out. I tried the HMK technique of popping the bubble with flame not from a torch but my lighter seemed to work well. Also put the plate on top of my pyrex pie dish to trap the heat and turned the burner on and off just to keep it warm. Also I don't do it for as long as I thought lol more like 15min on the stove on low in a frying pan of water whipping the oil every time it bubbles up till it's all clear. Then like I say it depends on my timing at that point or it just goes auto budder on me I guess cuz of the strains used from what I'm reading...

Also what are the UN 2037 DOT-2P numbers about? Vector says the same thing right?

J.Terrible

J.Terrible

Alright so 4 pics at a time works out fine for me so I can get to keeping my thread on track here. As promised here are shots of my run I have going right now which is 2weeks into veg in the pics they are at a full 3 weeks right now and I'll take pics when I flip em in a few days. Still waiting till they hit 14" they are at 12" right now so any day now I'm gonna be ready!!!!:boogie:

pic 1 is the whole tray
pic 2 is left half of Cuzin Violets
pic 3 is right half of Cuzin Violets
pic 4 is whatever OG Kush cut I have...

Omg how life changed after this run! Can't access this account so come follow me aka [Thundurkel] aka the dumbest board name ever lol came from me having a cut a Urkle and a cut of Thunderfuck to start with smh... Weeds legal fuck it yall I'm J.Terrible! I got some outdoor I'm fucking around with I'll post pics soon!

Top Bottom