Till Or Not To Till

• Thread starter DigitalGenetics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

looking at them stalks ,i would say your soil is on top of the game,pull stalks and replant right back into them,if you are just unsure,scratch some easy amends into top of soil and roll,nice setup by the way,alfalfa,kelp,neem cake ,humus peat and rock dust,would be my amends in to the top 31nches

north knect

north knect

This is from last year I pulled out the old stalks and what should I do till or not to till should I put a enzyme to break down the roots

Thanks
Hogwash
Hopefully this year is a better year for the both of us up here lol..I would till and amend abit, get those pots bumping with life again..hope ya get some Sensi this year, what's the date on that tweed event?

DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
Hopefully this year is a better year for the both of us up here lol..I would till and amend abit, get those pots bumping with life again..hope ya get some Sensi this year, what's the date on that tweed event?
Ya well i liked what happened last year i might do it again lol The expo will be on the 28th and 29th :)

DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
looking at them stalks ,i would say your soil is on top of the game,pull stalks and replant right back into them,if you are just unsure,scratch some easy amends into top of soil and roll,nice setup by the way,alfalfa,kelp,neem cake ,humus peat and rock dust,would be my amends in to the top 31nches
great thank you

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I would absolutely rototill that soil.... We take the tough black rubbermaid totes (or use strong garbage cans with handles.... We take out about half of the soil in our 200 gallon pots out.... Add in one bag of chicken, kelp meal, bone meal, feather meal,, LOTS of perlite, and trace minerals along with earthworm castings...... Rototill the crap out of the 1/2 empty bag... Then dump all of the totes back in and repeat the process.....

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I started my first year and we did 100 gallon bags... The next year we did a couple less plants but upgraded to 200 gallon pots.... This year we are doing about 50% 200 gallon pots and 50 % 300 gallon bags..... You can 100% get the same amount of weight doing less numbers with bigger pots...

DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
I would absolutely rototill that soil.... We take the tough black rubbermaid totes (or use strong garbage cans with handles.... We take out about half of the soil in our 200 gallon pots out.... Add in one bag of chicken, kelp meal, bone meal, feather meal,, LOTS of perlite, and trace minerals along with earthworm castings...... Rototill the crap out of the 1/2 empty bag... Then dump all of the totes back in and repeat the process.....
Your the best :)

DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
I started my first year and we did 100 gallon bags... The next year we did a couple less plants but upgraded to 200 gallon pots.... This year we are doing about 50% 200 gallon pots and 50 % 300 gallon bags..... You can 100% get the same amount of weight doing less numbers with bigger pots...
I know i have to put more fencing up next year lol This is for seed production :)

DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
Ill be putting the seeds on the farm shortly im speaking with logic as we speak and all the seed banks around :)
Website www.digitalgenetics.ca
I want everyone to have great genetics for a super low price

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

got to say that makes no sense at all,how can you come out ahead on your yeild by making soil every season,we all do thing diffrent ,just curiouse why you would do that,im along the line of planting cover crop in the pots and let that soil that is stablished get it on,beenies are already there and working feed it with fungi and bacteria tea and roll,everytime i build soil there is 400 bucks right off the top of my profit and hadnt even cooked it yet?

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I'm re using all of my old soil. Just adding more dirt every year along with one bag of chicken and one bag of earthworm castings. He didn't use cover crops in the picture and it looks like his plants got big last year and prolly used a lot of the good stuff in the soil

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I add a half a yard of dirt = 45 $.
1 chicken and one earthworm= 16 $
Trace minerals bone meal kelp meal and feather meal = 20$
Prolly costs me 100$ to turn a 200 gallon smart pot into a re amended full 300 gallon pot that is super fluffy from being rototilled and ready to plant. I will prolly get 2 more pounds per plant. You do the math it definitely makes since

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I'm re using all of my old soil. Just adding more dirt every year along with one bag of chicken and one bag of earthworm castings. He didn't use cover crops in the picture and it looks like his plants got big last year and prolly used a lot of the good stuff in the soil
i understand you theroy just no why your wasting your money with the extra work and soil,you can amend anything in you want and you did bring up some great amends,but thwey all can be scratched into top 3in and when you water they filter down threw the soil,thats all i was saying,but im telling you guys planting cover crops on top of your soil not only keeps the medium moist,but also put nitrogen back into the soil just as beans do in a raised bed for veggies,it applies the same way ,no matter what you grow,build a soil has a cover crop seed bag that has a mix of clover and other benifit for the soil to put back into your plant,now if you just want to spend money spend it on flowers and herbs to plant around your grow for pest control,anything stinky help kept them bugs away,they also dont like shiny leaves,that were i would spend my money,neem and kanja for bugs ,marigolds,peppermint ,basil all them herbs fight them little sap suckers

DigitalGenetics

DigitalGenetics

Breeder
Not bad size, not like yours though lol

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

but by cover crop and no till that 100 bucks could go to new seeds,i just dont understand why you would bust up all the life inside the soil and the worms that have come to give you a helping hand,no saying your wrong ,just doesnt make sense

Latest posts

Top Bottom