Till Or Not To Till

• Thread starter DigitalGenetics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

for 450$ I could get 3 1/2 yards of the best dirt from the soil king in Ukiah and fill up a brand new 600 gallon pot. Just saying your numbers were way off in your quote

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

for 450$ I could get 3 1/2 yards of the best dirt from the soil king in Ukiah and fill up a brand new 600 gallon pot. Just saying your numbers were way off in your quote
okay what ever you say friend just curious of your method to the madness,seems your getting a red ass now so im done,i dont come here to fight and argue just didnt understand,i will remove myself from conversation

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Wasn't trying to be rude. Just kinda saying the way I re ammend my pots every year for the last three years. Not even sure if you need to re ammend your pots if your just growing seeds. @Hogwash69 what are some of the genetics you are breeding this year. I'm looking for a really good producing healthy mold resistant strain that finishes somewhat early to mid October.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Hey Mendo see you are doing no till i think the op is looking at 100 percent organic No till I used to grow in 200 - 400 gallon containers and Yes Till like you are doing cost wise it does add up every year ...

Where as it takes couple of years to get No till 100 percent and going strong and a 100 percent organic carbon cycle usually it lasts 5 years when one would restart it all over or turn it completely although most micro activity is in top 8 " but its good practice 5 year Till and blend

The only real cost which i spent money on was live worms 40 bucks
that was it already had top soil and compost
Now i have approx 10,000 live worms and eggs coming out of my ass
I use nature as cover crops like Dandelions there a prefect cover and a natural to my geographical area.
This is where things shine no need for teas, ferts just mother natures rain or in droughts water only rhe worms will take care of the rest
Huge difference i mean 40 bucks for worms worm bins making my own composts again with table scraps i even have about 1000 pounds of used coffee that i blend in from a coffee stop like starbucks etc
find a ouple restaurants or grocery stores to pick up there waste greens etc
No need for manures here is a 3 week old seed :) first week was under T5 second week hardening out door and then in garage for like 3 days this seedling has seen 0 degree Celsius or 32 F and that is the true difference with real live soil then one using amendments that eventually break down for plants where no till worms doing it
been doing this now 2 years No till not only has plants not been attacked by insects , or disease and not only that it handled cold i harvests mid Nov where temps went from - 12 to degrees C plants seen frost and lived through it like a trooper If you do not believe me i have pics of one fucking sorry looking plant that was - 8 and covered in ice and pics 2 hrs later looking like a trooper like nothing bothered it
till Guaranteed would of been done
when i started this did my own exp till Vs no till and what i really trully saw with water only,,,, 0 nutrients guess what No till killed it ... she was healthy to the end
Where as till and like The craze TEAS etc etc and why ???
the soil ran out mid term of plants cycle or 3rd quarter and with that
allowed plant to get weak and fall victim to insectsmost no till soils people also add Ferts ??? Curious Do you ???

But anyways i could easily build with nature 30 cubic yards
true living soil in less then 2 years for next to nothing and have million worms haha seriously thats one thing that freaked the hell out of me not only they feeding plant there fucking like crazy
below haha 3rd week seedling in my no till made soil
.water only from start to end in 7 months from now of course it will get planted into main Dirt shortly i like going from 1" to 4 " to 5 gallon to EArth no 200 - 300 - 400
i got 2000 gallon lol View attachment 600755
Looking awesome. I would definitely be doing the no till thing if I was in the ground or a nice raised bed. I unfortunately have had a couple things that prevented me from doing the no till thing this year. One of my properties I lease had a major remodel happen so I had to completely take everything down and put all the soil in one pile so the county could come out and permit everything. I also wanted to put down weed cloth underneath the whole garden as well as upgrade to 300 gallon pots. (The weeds last year were insane and pretty much a losing battle for me including added moisture for bud rot and very aggressive around my grow bags. I 100% agree with what you said and wasn't even trying to go into the cover crops and no till idea. I did cover crops at both my gardens this year and loved the results. But hogwash didn't do any cover crops and he asked what he thinks would be best for him and in my opinion it looked like his pots grew some massive plants last year and could use a little upgrade in size and maybe some more organic amendments.

Top Bottom