Timer Setting Issue

• Thread starter growguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growguy

Hi there,

Well, I've just realized that my lights have been on 24 hours for the past 6 days!! It turns out that after resetting the timer I forgot to put it back in "auto" mode.
I'm 15-16 days into 12/12 and the flowers have just showed signs of little female hairs.
Is there anything that can be done to salvage this run?
ANY thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

lostnfound02

lostnfound02

sup,

you basically just kind of revegging the plants.So let it sit in the dark for 24 hours and set it back to 12 and 12 and you should be fine.

G

growguy

Thanks for the quick replies.

So, just to be clear... the ladies were 14 days into 12/12 when the mistake was noticed and have spent the past 6 days under 24 hour lights. As of right now I've had the lights off for 13 hours. How long should I leave the lights off before proceeding with my 12/12 cycle? Up until this happened the light cycles have been very consistent.

The ladies are about 50" tall and are very healthy looking at this point. This is totally new territory for me and believe me, I won't be making that mistake again! Should I expect to see them take a little longer than normal at the back end of flowering before harvest?

Thanks again for any advice!

lostnfound02

lostnfound02

basically one day of total darkness and the next day start your 12/12 again. for ex. I would give sunday with no light and start monday with the 12/12 cycle. Hope that makes sense.

I have done this in the past and I didnt notice it till a week later. Yes you should expect the flowering to be a little longer from what I experience.

G

growguy

I'm not explaining this very well. Around day 14 is when the mistake was actually made. Then 6 days of 24 hour lights. This morning (Monday), as of 6:00 am, the ladies have been in the dark for 20 hours.

I hope this helps and hope things will still be okay. I'd hate to have to chop these beauties down at this point!

Thanks again.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
dont chop bro...let them come out of reveg and watch for nanners...like a redtail hawk looking for a field mouse ;)...a solid reveg can add a extra 3 weeks, but a stable strain will take it..

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i had some plants in this round that i had flipped, and decided to re think my room. so i put m back in veg, long enough to throw single leafs curling all crazy...then right back to flower...they were 20 inchs tall at the most, and still pulled almost 50 grams a plant...cuttings btw

G

growguy

I was told to beware of seeds at the end of the 12/12. Is there a high possibility of this and would it be better to cut my losses now rather than find out 6 or 7 more weeks down the road?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
a few seeds is not total loss bro...i caught a herm a lil late..axed it ..got a few beans ..no biggie...would you say this nug is no good ;)...couple beans hiding in there but im not tripping
DSC03221

G

growguy

Okay, the lights have been turned back on and the timer is set to "auto" back on the 12/12 cycle. They were in the dark for 24 hours. You can be sure I checked that the timer was, in FACT, in "auto" about 10 times before leaving the room! Now I'll be OCD over this timer, but whatever works.

So, what sorts of things should I be looking out for in the first week, 2 weeks and so on?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
down low on the plant ..look for male pollen sacks...and in the buds look for lil yellow nanners poking out. give them a good looking over evrey day. and you shoud b kool...if you find a herm then axe it...good luck buddy :)

lostnfound02

lostnfound02

like Tattoojim says just look for little sacks or yellowish sacks in the buds. Dont chop unless u see lots of sacks but a few does not hurt. It depend on the strain your growing and hope its not one of those that have a tendency to herm, either than that, you should be good. good luck bro

Top Bottom