Timing Watering/feeding

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dorjewright

dorjewright

I usually have lights on through the night to avoid cooling problems on the hot days; and water in the evening just after lights on. But it's a real pain to water/feed in the evening.
What are the downsides to watering and feeding just before lights out? I know the humidity jumps but I run a dehumidifier. Any other problems I should anticipate?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I usually have lights on through the night to avoid cooling problems on the hot days; and water in the evening just after lights on. But it's a real pain to water/feed in the evening.
What are the downsides to watering and feeding just before lights out? I know the humidity jumps but I run a dehumidifier. Any other problems I should anticipate?
My personal belief is that watering at your own schedule is fine, as long as your consistant. The plant will love that the waterings are being consistant.

Best of luck.
Peace

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I was always taught never to put the plants to sleep with wet feet,in other words never water just before lights out.Its not good for plants to sit in the dark wet,water at lights on if possible,the light cycle is when they will uptake and need water.
Maybe others will say different but this hasnt failed me for 30+ years,its actually a rule i never break.I know it sucks to water in evenings as im on the same schedule but it is what it is,id change light schedules before i watered at lights out personally.
BTW i run quest dehueys too but that is for airborne humidity levels and has nothing to do with a soaked root zone.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
How about buying an irrigation timer and setting up watering that way?

dorjewright

dorjewright

Yes probably the most efficient solution. Although I usually water with a dilute organic nute solution every watering so that could clog things up.
I think for now I'll have lights on at 5 PM (usually cool enough by then) - that'll help. And only 6 more weeks till harvest. Get the irrigation set up for next time.

Top Bottom