Tincture Poll - Alcohol vs Glycerine

• Glycerine

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
mikeb437

mikeb437

whats the best way to store your tincture? do you have to place in fridge or will my medicine cabinet do..?

F

FastForward

I store mine in the fridge but I think as long as you keep it relatively out of the light (ideally in amber or dark bottles) you'll minimise any degradation of the cannibinoids. Heck, most people keep theirs in jars in sunlight whilst making it for 2 months so it can't be that bad - I guess it depends on how long you need it to last, but I'm pretty sure 6 months no prob, maybe even a year with little change if refridgerated (which is dark obviously....and if yours isn't, how do you know? answers on a postcard please :))

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
when your making a tincture with booze, how do you know its not the alcohol getting you high?

what is glycerine?

imho.......if you make a true tincture.....you would never be consuming enough alcohol to achieve any long lasting subjective effects......even using everclear. The point of a tinc is to have a very titrated dose in order to achieve maximum efficacy in the shortest amount of time possible. When I make my tincs....a few drops under the tongue is all you need...administration is key too....a tinc is meant to be administered sublingually, but of course can be ingested in multiple ways, with each method affecting rate of absorption etc etc etc..i never have needed to ingest more than .5 oz of the tinc mixture.......that is not going to give me an alcohol induced buzz.....trust me ;)

bf

R

ReelBusy1

I keep mine in a cool dark place in a room drawer or closet.

M

m0lecule

Hey peeps,

I am currently enjoying an alchemical potion i have produced and thought I would share. i have done various alcohol, glycerine, honey, and butane tincture and extractions, but this batch i made hits me with a deep wallop.

Pretty simple, and is based on cannabis cooking philosophy. I bought some interesting pure organinc oil - walnut in this case, ground up a ton of weed and some hash in my coffee grinder and put it all in a mason jar to soak. I then placed it in a low heat water bath for about an hour or so a few times over the course of a week, strained it out and bottled it.

Pretty easy eh? You could heat the herb beforehand to decarboxylate it, but for me it is hard to control the temps of herb just baking in my oven. You also have to make sure that absolutely no water gets in there or it could spoil. Otherwise, it just sites on the shelf just like any other bottle of olive oil, and seems to be lasting very well.

Peace and oil!

m0lecule

M

midsummer

glycerine does not have the capacity to carry as much of the vital canabinoids/ terpenes per unit volume as is alcohol (read an oz of alcohol can extract more goodies than an oz of glycerine). So alcohol tinctures can be stronger and you have to take less volume to reach a desired effect than you would have to take of glycerine.

As bubblefunk has already mentioned; you can make alcohol tictures that are extreemly potent with ingestion of much less than a teaspoon.

Oils and butter (as well as other fats) are also excellent for extraction

Latest posts

Top Bottom