Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Basically as follows...

* In a small saucepan, heat 2 or 3 tablespoons full of honey on a low flame. Don't let it start frothing over.

* Grind the herb (1/16 to 1/4 oz ... let your conscience be your guide)
as fine as possible, through a strainer or in a grinder. Dump it into the honey.

* While stirring it around, add a couple of ounces water or vodka. This is important because otherwise the cooked honey will cool into an unmanageable texture. You want liquid. Mystery Person started using vodka after being told that THC is also alchohol soluble. He figured
that maybe the longer the finished product sat the stronger it would get.

* Continue cooking over low heat for 30 minutes. Fresh grated ginger or lemon juice can be added for flavor, or if you wanna get cute.

* Pour it off into a little jar with a good lid. Cool/store in fridge ... although we don't know if this is really essential for freshness and potency. Seems like a good idea.

* Start experimenting with dosages at ONE TEASPOON. That's right. Mystery Person says that one teaspoon gives a very mellow, even-keel buzz, sort of like 10 mg of Valium. It'll really depends on how much herb you used and how strong it is to begin with. Having just made a batch

with about an eighth, Mystery Person says that on one teaspoon, you'll find yourself thinking, Goddamn you just might be stoned! On two teaspoons you will know you are stoned. On three teaspoons, everyone else will know you are stoned.

I

in the air

so how much is left? does alot cook off. i mean 3 tbs of honey don't seem like alot to work with when adding a 1/4 oz of bud. hahaha.

ITA

F

FastForward

Cheers TK...that's the first recipe that came up when I googled it (Professor Tee's Miracle Tincture). The only part I just don't get is, isn't there any straining of the bud/plant matter from the honey? The way it reads to me is that you heat the honey, add the herb, heat some more and then jar....does the bud break up with heating?

All I'm thinking is that a mouthful of honey with ground herb in it will either taste grim, or have a really nasty texture...!

I

in the air

Cheers TK...that's the first recipe that came up when I googled it (Professor Tee's Miracle Tincture). The only part I just don't get is, isn't there any straining of the bud/plant matter from the honey? The way it reads to me is that you heat the honey, add the herb, heat some more and then jar....does the bud break up with heating?

All I'm thinking is that a mouthful of honey with ground herb in it will either taste grim, or have a really nasty texture...!

i just made some and i used my bubble bag to get the weed out. i hop that was ok. i just couldt think you could even use the eye dropper that tk was feeding dogs in the pic if not. lol lol if not oh well its not like it don't grow on trees lol when it cools down in the morning i will try it. It sure didn't make much.

i wonder how much tk gets out of this recipe so i know if i did it right lol

ITA

steveedg

steveedg

i've got about 15g of decent bud ready to try but i can't find any more info

R

ReelBusy1

a recipe is like a song.
You can be given the notes to play but you have to experiment to make it your own.

K

KushMaster707

i just made a tincture a couple days ago in a mason jar with vegetable glycerine and the lid didnt seal all the way when i closed it. is this going to effect the outcome of my product or possibly ruin it?

F

FastForward

i just made a tincture a couple days ago in a mason jar with vegetable glycerine and the lid didnt seal all the way when i closed it. is this going to effect the outcome of my product or possibly ruin it?

I don't think so, but you'll need to give it a good shake at least twice daily for the 2 months (if you're doing it cold) and with a dodgy seal you could find yourself redecorating your pad with greenish glycerine....which I'm sure will bring no end of delight to you and perhaps your gf or wife (but the dog will love it!) :)

F

FastForward

Btw, I haven't voted in the poll yet...it's hard...I've tried both glycerine and alcohol extractions and both are really useful. I find the alcohol stuff much faster acting and way stronger (could just be my tinctures/methods though) and the glycerine more mellow. Both have their uses imho....for daytime and for oblivion :)

F

FastForward

FF let use know what ya vote for.

I'm abstaining from voting, or voting for both - purely on the grounds of 'fitness for function'. From my tinctures, if you want something that is really daytime, then I'd go glycerine....if you want something more full-on and maybe more disassociative (e.g. pain relief, fun) then I'd go for alcohol (specifically green dragon).

Obviously alcohol is an issue for people driving, some people don't touch it for whatever reason....and so glycerine is there. My next glycerine tincture might be a shitload stronger, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, how many people voting have tried both? It's just very complicated! Whatever works for you....try both....see which one works best :)

R

ReelBusy1

I'm abstaining from voting, or voting for both - purely on the grounds of 'fitness for function'. From my tinctures, if you want something that is really daytime, then I'd go glycerine....if you want something more full-on and maybe more disassociative (e.g. pain relief, fun) then I'd go for alcohol (specifically green dragon).

Obviously alcohol is an issue for people driving, some people don't touch it for whatever reason....and so glycerine is there. My next glycerine tincture might be a shitload stronger, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, how many people voting have tried both? It's just very complicated! Whatever works for you....try both....see which one works best :)

i have tried both and I do like the glyc better but for me it seems that the input is what defines the buzz for me.

Sure your going to be hit heavier by booze in anything but I've got different bottles going with just indica or sativa weed in them.

It's how I use the strains anyway sativa/day indica/night so that's how I' making it.

mikeb437

mikeb437

when your making a tincture with booze, how do you know its not the alcohol getting you high?

what is glycerine?

R

ReelBusy1

and specifically it is this....from Wikipedia...

Glycerol is a chemical compound also commonly called glycerin or glycerine. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations. For human consumption, glycerol is classified by the FDA among the sugar alcohols as a caloric macronutrient. Glycerol has three hydrophilic hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its solubility in water and its hygroscopic nature. Its surface tension is 64.00 mN/m at 20 °C , and it has a temperature coefficient of -0.0598 mN/(m K). The glycerol substructure is a central component of many lipids. Glycerol is sweet-tasting and of low toxicity.

Pharmaceutical and personal care applications

Glycerol is used in medical and pharmaceutical and personal care preparations, mainly as a means of improving smoothness, providing lubrication and as a humectant. It is found in cough syrups, elixirs and expectorants, toothpaste, mouthwashes, skin care products, shaving cream, hair care products, soaps and water based personal lubricants. It is also an ingredient in cigarettes that is used as a humectant.

As a 10% solution, glycerol prevents tannins from precipitating in ethanol extracts of plants (tinctures). It is also used as a substitute for ethanol as a solvent in preparing herbal extractions. It is less extractive and is approximately 30% less able to be absorbed by the body. Fluid extract manufacturers often extract herbs in hot water before adding glycerin to make glycerites.[4][5][6]

Used as a laxative when introduced into the rectum in suppository or small-volume (2to10ml)(enema) form; irritates the anal mucosa and induces a hyperosmotic effect.

Glycerol is a component of glycerol soap, which is made from denatured alcohol, glycerol, sodium castorate (from castor), sodium cocoate, sodium tallowate, sucrose, and water. Sometimes one adds sodium laureth sulfate, or essential oils for fragrance. This kind of soap is used by people with sensitive, easily-irritated skin because it prevents skin dryness with its moisturizing properties. It is possible to make glycerol soap at home.

It is also used in de-icing/anti-icing fluids, as in vitrification of blood cells for storage in liquid nitrogen.

In motion-picture production, glycerol is used as a non-evaporating substitute for perspiration on actors. It is also used in some types of stage blood.
------------------------------------------------------

TINCTURE:
In medicine, a tincture is an alcoholic extract (e.g. of leaves or other plant material) or solution of a non-volatile substance; (e.g. of iodine, mercurochrome). To qualify as a tincture, the alcoholic extract is to have an ethanol percentage of at least 40-60% (sometimes a 90% percent pure liquid is even achieved). [1] Solutions of volatile substances were called spirits, although that name was also given to several other materials obtained by distillation, even when they did not include alcohol. In chemistry, a tincture is a solution that has alcohol as the solvent.

B

bluejay

I think the tincture no matter what style you use would benefit if you used bubble hash {or dry sift} as the source and not all the plants waxes and chlorophyll would be in the end product...

Top Bottom