Tiny Tent....new Light

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Less negative pressure, is always more. Hahaha

Are all 6 of your input/intake ducts powered with fans or passive? ;-)

RedHotPoker

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Less negative pressure, is always more. Hahaha

Are all 6 of your input/intake ducts powered with fans or passive? ;-)

RedHotPoker

Sorry for the confusion.

Passive bent duct intakes were down on the low socks and a 6” inline fan and filter to exhaust out the roof sock.

Have since built a dedicated flower room in my spare bedroom with an active intake. I like the added control and it seems to make the exhaust fans work better or more easily. Just have to make sure the intake is not as powerful as the exhaust or the smell will be pushed out of the room. Positive pressure.

gwheels

gwheels

In my 4 x 4 i have a 2- 4 inch ducts with socks on them. I will keep one of the covers open for a better passive intake and I think it will help my temp get back to more reasonable with 530 watts of light running. I might duct tape a new furnace filter to the outside of the intake hole and then no fruit flies. I had that happen once. That is why i did the ducting with the socks :)

The left side and the back are not accessable. They are tight to the wall. I actually cant believe the tent fit in that hideaway hole I had but it did. Maybe 1/2 inch height to spare and about 12 inches width on one side.

For the little tent i am removing both vents. I think it will result in things growing a lot better than last time. I think they were starving for air.

20180627 093157
RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Using a Gorilla Grow Tent 5’x5’-6’11”.
This is my very first tent, for growing herbs.
It has theee dedicated vent windows that have bug proof mesh.
One bottom rear and one on both left and right sides at the base.
For double sided socks with drawstrings, to place venting fans and house the hose, or ducting if you will, there is one out the roof top, near the right rear side. Two near the roof, on the right wall and one near the centre top on the left side wall. As well two large lower double socks, for intake fans, one on the right, one one the left wall near the front...For a total of 8.

There are also two viewing windows with Velcro closures at eye level, one in each of the doors in the front. This tent also features a smaller rear C shaped door in the rear, for further access. That’s Why I kept mine one measured foot from the back room wall.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

The downward facing ducts is a smart way to prevent light intrusion, but yet, get your fresh air with Co2. I only burn my lights during the day, so not too concerned about light leaking. But every bit helps. My main reason is need to control humidity. It’s too dry here. Way too dry.
Man, so I sure have high expectations, on the near return of my investment.

Making these sacrifices to get here, better be worth the wait. Or weight loss!!

RedHotPoker
Sorry for the confusion.

Passive bent duct intakes were down on the low socks and a 6” inline fan and filter to exhaust out the roof sock.

Have since built a dedicated flower room in my spare bedroom with an active intake. I like the added control and it seems to make the exhaust fans work better or more easily. Just have to make sure the intake is not as powerful as the exhaust or the smell will be pushed out of the room. Positive pressure.

K

kansabis

Yeah I like the downward duct idea even if I have to throw a small fan for some active intake I can do that,I run my lights durinfg the day too for the most part but some light does come thru my curtains in the morning and since we all know that these tents have a million little pinholes that can leak light I'd rather be on the safe side,no issues yet that I know of but always room for improvement.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

You just need to black out the window better from the inside. Use a pull down screen or even a set of black drapes, which would absorb most of the light.
Yes, I see a few pin holes emitting light from mine as well, very few, but for the most part the seams and especially the zippers are very well sealed.
Even the tiny zipper for the rear door, there is a cloth cover that seals from inside when the zipper is done up. I like the deep thinking/thoughts that when into the Gorilla brand equipment. Very well designed and executed.

In my humble opinion, it’s worth the extra dole, for a better built tent.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Just a thought I had earlier this evening. I wonder if there isn’t a product available already to seal out the light for some tents that leak light?
Like a Roll On. I suppose some regular thin strips of duct tape, or dark fabric with adhesive could cover all the problem spots if a tent has minuscule danger zones.. The thought of Hermies appearing would be upsetting for me, to say the least.

I have had my light on, when it was dark in the room, and I could see very few pin holes. Not enough the worry about light leaking in. With the dark fabric it’s constructed from, a majority of any tiny amount of external light is absorbed.

RedHotPoker

Yeah I like the downward duct idea even if I have to throw a small fan for some active intake I can do that,I run my lights during the day too for the most part but some light does come thru my curtains in the morning and since we all know that these tents have a million little pinholes that can leak light I'd rather be on the safe side, no issues yet that I know of but always room for improvement.

Dan789

Dan789

Just a thought I had earlier this evening. I wonder if there isn’t a product available already to seal out the light for some tents that leak light?
Like a Roll On. I suppose some regular thin strips of duct tape, or dark fabric with adhesive could cover all the problem spots if a tent has minuscule danger zones.. The thought of Hermies appearing would be upsetting for me, to say the least.

I have had my light on, when it was dark in the room, and I could see very few pin holes. Not enough the worry about light leaking in. With the dark fabric it’s constructed from, a majority of any tiny amount of external light is absorbed.

RedHotPoker
Your avatar is freakin me out, like the shit in the concluded series “The Strain”. Worms in the eye...

gwheels

gwheels

Where i have my tent it will not leak light. It is dark all day long except lights on. :D but the filter taped with gorilla tape will make it perfection. Next round is perfection. I can smell it.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Some folks must Gotta put your tent in a tent.. hahaha

Fugetaboutit. Ha

RedHotPoker

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I like the downward duct idea even if I have to throw a small fan for some active intake I can do that,I run my lights durinfg the day too for the most part but some light does come thru my curtains in the morning and since we all know that these tents have a million little pinholes that can leak light I'd rather be on the safe side,no issues yet that I know of but always room for improvement.

I made gorilla tape flaps to extend over the zippers on the door and windows and always put a little square over any pinholes I saw.

For Windows I had a dedicated room and made a rigid foam insulation window board with a 6” vent hole. With blinds in the black painted board it looks like just a dark room.

To exhaust I just cracked the window a few inches before sealing it all up.

I found the idea here.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/exhaust/#stealthy-exhaust

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But I use black air conditioner replacement filter foam found at Home Depot type stores and amazon.

I think it is Duck Brand air conditioner filter foam.

Let’s more air through than black nylon stockings I have found but 2 -4 layers is completely lightproof in this application.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

That’s a simple but effective method of allowing plenty of passive airflow, without the worry of light leak, during your dark hours.

RedHotPoker

But I use black air conditioner replacement filter foam found at Home Depot type stores and amazon.

I think it is Duck Brand air conditioner filter foam.

Let’s more air through than black nylon stockings I have found but 2 -4 layers is completely lightproof in this application.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

@MIMedGrower I have got to figure, that air filtration barrier, is pretty much bug and insect proof as well. Good job. ;-)

J/K “black nylon stockings”
Um, so do you use a garter belt, to hold up your inline fan? Hahaha

RedHotPoker

Jokefox

Jokefox

Just make a pre filter box. Then run it into your lowest port.

I made one and use a blue cuttable pre filter from homedepot. Keeps the light out and dust. I use ac hoods and what not and it keeps most of the dust and cat hair out of my fans and tent.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Using a Gorilla Grow Tent 5’x5’-6’11”.
This is my very first tent, for growing herbs.
It has theee dedicated vent windows that have bug proof mesh.
One bottom rear and one on both left and right sides at the base.
For double sided socks with drawstrings, to place venting fans and house the hose, or ducting if you will, there is one out the roof top, near the right rear side. Two near the roof, on the right wall and one near the centre top on the left side wall. As well two large lower double socks, for intake fans, one on the right, one one the left wall near the front...For a total of 8.

There are also two viewing windows with Velcro closures at eye level, one in each of the doors in the front. This tent also features a smaller rear C shaped door in the rear, for further access. That’s Why I kept mine one measured foot from the back room wall.

RedHotPoker
That’s the same one I use for my clones

Latest posts

Top Bottom