Tiny white spots on the leaves

• Thread starter ReadySetGrowD9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReadySetGrowD9

My friend has a nice little plant growing and i looked at it today and there where all these tiny white spots on it, im attaching a pic any help would be great thanks

White spots on weed leaves
Tiny white spots on marijuana leaves, what causes spots on cannabis leaves?

Last edited by a moderator:
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Looks like spider mite damage. Look for little webs on the lower branch/leaf junctions to verify. Examine underside of leaves for evidence as well. Sometimes you can see them moving up/down the stalk.

another_sellout

another_sellout

You'll need to apply neem oil every four or five days for two or three weeks. You'll need a good sprayer that mists well. Add half teaspoon neem and a teaspoon and a half of dish soap as an emulsifier to 32 ounces of hot water. Apply to both the underside and top of each and every leaf. Easier and faster than it sounds. That'll kill your spider mite infestation. Organic and won't affect the plant in any negative way. Safe to use for quite a while into budding, but tastes funny on dry weed, and any foliar late in budding can cause mold. Kill those fuckers and harvest fat. Go.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Check under the leaves as well...if they're spider mites the underside of the leaves will be infested with eggs and the bugs...look closely with a handheld microscope...whatever it is you'll see it then for sure...the more important question is where they came from if that is actually what you have going on there.

I got mine from the roses outside once... you must find where they came from if you have them and then clean house inside and out. Find the source and eliminate it.

Reactions: Ina
U

USER UNKNOWN

yea def spidermites. Use azatrol or azamax, its a little spendy but comes as a concentrate and goes a long way.

BluntMazter86

BluntMazter86

my plants are only 11 days old and ive noticed the spots. Im wandering if i could use the Azamax on them and where one could aquire this product. And also i think the mites are in the walmart soil i have them in, will it kill them if they are infested in the soil?

H

Hurbzofhappy

You'll need to apply neem oil every four or five days for two or three weeks. You'll need a good sprayer that mists well. Add half teaspoon neem and a teaspoon and a half of dish soap as an emulsifier to 32 ounces of hot water. Apply to both the underside and top of each and every leaf. Easier and faster than it sounds. That'll kill your spider mite infestation. Organic and won't affect the plant in any negative way. Safe to use for quite a while into budding, but tastes funny on dry weed, and any foliar late in budding can cause mold. Kill those fuckers and harvest fat. Go.
Thank you that has been so helpful. I'm growing outdoor Ruderalis plants in south Africa, and 15 of my plants started this spotting problem, but the problem now is the bushes just wont go into flower and i can't control lighting. i'm hoping by killing the mites will help it along? as i move in 3 months and don't want to dig them up.

Fangthane

Fangthane

I'm growing outdoor Ruderalis plants in south Africa, and 15 of my plants started this spotting problem, but the problem now is the bushes just wont go into flower and i can't control lighting.
It's my (quite possibly flawed) understanding that ALL C. Ruderalis plants are autoflowering - blooming entirely independent of light cycle. If that's the case, would spidermites or similar pests completely prevent flowering in a plant that wasn't basically looking like it's on death's door already? How old are your "bushes"?

H

Hurbzofhappy

It's my (quite possibly flawed) understanding that ALL C. Ruderalis plants are autoflowering - blooming entirely independent of light cycle. If that's the case, would spidermites or similar pests completely prevent flowering in a plant that wasn't basically looking like it's on death's door already? How old are your "bushes"?
so yes that is correct, although i have crossed the strain with a Sativa of mine, and its almost 6 months now, they average between 1.7 and 2 meters tall and about 1 meter in diameter. the one of them has the mites on them and has caused that plant to go into flower and the rest of them are still in veg. and the bush is turning a yellow from the damage of the mites. been looking for neem oil and after a month of looking i found some. hopeing it will fix the problem before budding as i wish to keep the taste of my strain. (Hurbzofhappiness)

H

Highkev

I blast the entire plant top to bottom with cold water then apply defense

• Love
Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom