Tips for watering indoors in a crowded tent?

• Thread starter redshift75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redshift75

Whats a good way to go about setting up a watering system indoors? as im expanding im having more trouble reaching the pots in the back of the tents without snapping a branch here and there trying to fit gallon jugs through. I thought about making a giant "beer bong" of sorts to shove in between. Thats about all I've come up with. Im wondering how other people have come up with watering their plants....

my mothers are in 12 gallon pots and its honestly a pain to move. im at my limit so i cant use the broken branches for clones or that would be my first choice to not have em goto waste. But overall would just rather not damage them. any tips are appreciated.

CF89

CF89

I’ve thought the same thing. A beer bong idea. BUT. A beer bong with 4 different hoses off it. All going to each plant. And one giant beer bong/funnel/manifold outside of the tent with valves to control each of the 4 lines leading to the individual ones for each plant.

so pour a gallon. Open valve 1. Drain it to plant one. Close valve.

Pour another gallon. Open valve 2. And repeat.

could even have it so it sprays down on 4 diff spots on the dirt too.

wouldn’t even need to open the tent zipper. Can all be done on a $15 pvc manifold outside the tent.

CF89

CF89

With a halo ring like this around the base of the plant. And an easy disconnect if you need to ever take the plants out. Which I do a lot.

oh man. I think I’ve now got a little project for this week...

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
The hydro halos def are an expensive solution but after testing them I decided they were worth the money. The 6" put a perfect ring of water around my babies without getting a drip on the stem and the roots really expand into that zone quick. Can totally be done with that "beer bong" system too lol I chose to automate mine and im never going back to hand watering again. I only open my tents once a week now.

R

redshift75

With a halo ring like this around the base of the plant. And an easy disconnect if you need to ever take the plants out. Which I do a lot.

oh man. I think I’ve now got a little project for this week...

yeah i saw lots of people going with the halo rings. Just too expensive right now. I was considering doing what u say and just plumbing them all with PVC but then that quickly hit like $200 in materials. So i was like alright lets go away from an irrigation system.

Halos are definitely exactly what i need. But honestly id rather put the money towards an EBB and Flow system as id be half way there going halo's. The cost benefit analysis is always the killer to upgrades in this game.

im liking the idea of multiple hoses out of the funnel. This would let me run 4-5 hoses put the funnel on the inside corner of the tent to water each half Funnels are about $4 and i can get 100' of the hose for $20 so that seems a little more cost effective if i dont buy lots of connectors.

the biggest hurdle for me. is investing as much as it costs to essentially go hydro for auto watering.

R

redshift75

The hydro halos def are an expensive solution but after testing them I decided they were worth the money. The 6" put a perfect ring of water around my babies without getting a drip on the stem and the roots really expand into that zone quick. Can totally be done with that "beer bong" system too lol I chose to automate mine and im never going back to hand watering again. I only open my tents once a week now.
I've debated em since the beginning of the year. Definitely awesome product. I like them better then the drip stakes concept. Just is alot for me at almost $10 a ring + hoses/connectors/valves. Not that they arent worth it. But it seems more like its a product for like 4-8.

I think i may invest in halos just for my mothers for peace of mind. My other concern is residue on some of my products you really have to wash out the jugs of the residue. Not sure how id keep an irrigation system sanitized that doesnt have room to really be flushed out regularly.

How are halos for nutrient residue and such?

CF89

CF89

Expensive? Aren’t the 12 packs like $19??

Latest posts

Top Bottom