Tips on growing SFV OG KUSH?

• Thread starter Headach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MASSES 420KING

swerve would these nutes do just as good iyo canna substra or earth juice complete lines or stick with the gh cause im going to grab nutes specifically for the sfv-og-kush also will unsulfered molasses work just as good as black strap [cant find black-strap anywhere]

H

Headach

We should sticky this bitch for swerve feedings. I keep coming back to it.

420king-MASSES

swerve would these nutes do just as good iyo canna substra or earth juice complete lines or stick with the gh cause im going to grab nutes specifically for the sfv-og-kush also will unsulfered molasses work just as good as black strap [cant find black-strap anywhere]

thats a good question any answers guys oh and heres another instead of cal-mag would dolomite lime work [contains mag and cal]

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
lmaooooooooooooo funny shit! yes!! it would! ditch some in some water and use it to water

greenjoe

greenjoe

Yes they sure do like lots of nutes....mine are outdoor, but they get fed tons 3 times a week,,,the last 1 has branches that are 2 feet long on each side and 4 colas....yeeeee haaaawww.and stands 5'11"

DSC02512
DSC02511
DSC02509
Q

Quadropheniac

Anyone know the updated recipe?

From every thread post I can find from swerve I have this most consistently:

2 parts CALmg, 1 part Micro during veg.
The feeding chart posted is the opposite. Please clarify this Swerve or point me to the correct thread. I have tried searching CaliConnection's forum with no luck either.

I just purchased a 10 pack of Tahoe OG seeds and want to do it right.

Judaz

Judaz

I know this may be an old thread but if you want to grow the best og kush. This is the old school recipe we all know in the SFV.

The only one I've replaced over the years is b-52 for vitamax. I feel that vitamax takes away from the better og smell that I get with b-52. If you use pro silicate which is also very popular double the amount suggested for pro tek since pro tek is stronger. I grow some of the best top shelf og in so cal and this is the recipe for growing og best known by all the old school growers in the sfv. You must use super nutrients A/B along with these supplements if using rockwool scrap the piranha and tarantula. It creates a thin layer black of film On top of rockwool which makes the water slide off the rockwool and not penetrate it well. Too much work scrapping that shit off all the time. And one last ingredient I would add to this list is liquid karma. Great price and if used with b-52 cut it by 1/2 and use the other 1/2 with liquid k. Finally do not over feed og. It's not a food white especially the sativa dominant og kush like sfv. Less is more.

The secrete to growing top shelf og is to keep her at balance. If recirculating, then the ppm in comes back the same as the ppm out. If running to waste then the ppm run of change over your feeding should stay the same. If it starts going up, dilute your ppm mix for your run to waste until you get to the point that for the given week the ppm you feed in and run to waste ppm comes back the same consistently for the next day. If it starts to climb dilute your mix by adding more ro water or vice versa if it's coming back to low adjust your a/b and bloom booster in the same ratios until
You achieve ppm run off balance. Use this schedule as a guide line and adjust your specific og pheno to get it to balance week by week. Master this and you will grow the best weed that your og genetics allows.

Last edited:
D

DDG

I cant tell you how ridiculous your post was. Buzzword central. You sound like every rookie grower. Nitrogen and calmag are your friend during veg? So wait! You mean to tell me that the plant likes Nitrogen, calcium and magnesium? 🤭 You dont say. So does every plant in existence. So do we. Crazy concept, huh?! Blows my mind, too. Most pointles rant I've ever seen. You need to take a biology class. It will teach you how ridiculous you sound. You say all the things youd hear in every youtube video on growing, all meshed in one comment with every single buzzword imaginable. Mainstteam basics that anyone with a low iq and 1 grow under their belt would know. Stop trying to teach. You're clueless. Dumb people always oversell everything. You say you feed them 2000ppm? Not a chance. And if you do, then you're plants are all locking out and taste like crap with small yield. 2 oz plant? Lol Case in point. Do you have 20 more of those filling uo a 4×8 tray? Cause an individual plant in a dwc yielding 2-4 oz is a joke. I couldnt yield that little if i tried with cfls in soil. You should he pulling at least a lb a plant under a 600w and 2.5 under a 1000w. You dont go over 800ppm in dwc snd.in hydro never go over 950-1000ppm or epse you lock out and your plant doeent get what it needs. Just cause its drinking the water, doesnt mean its taking uo the nutes. There is no chance you give it 2000ppm. That's silly. Thst means you have zero understanding on nutes. Youre feeding it salts and minerals. Thats it. More is not better. i think you rookies seem to misunderstand when they say feed it hard, cause s a demanding plant, it doesnt necessary mean higher ppm. It means more frequently. And less is more. Does your body absorb 10gs of protein per lb of bodyweigh? Youre a man. You lift, im sure. What would happen if you were to eat a thousamd grams of carbs with 600 grams of protein a day? Would your body absorb it all or would you be backed up and sh....g all day? Nobody is feeding their plants 2000ppm. And btw,nfor a bigger yeild of actusl colas and not small little buds everywhere, you NEVER top a bunch of times. The less branches the bettet. "You shoudk get a trellis!.and supercrop ans lst and derderderederr 🤪 Youre supposed to trellis it every time and if youre supercropoing then why would you top it so many times? The branches already will multiply if you scrog it. So you want to end uo with a thousand branches and small popcorn buds? Gawd you're an id.. . Next time you want to exaggerate and sound clueless, remind yourself that there are some people that actually finished highchool. Again, basswood central. "Nitrogen and Calmag are you're friend" lmao All fertilizer, a and b, ot anything for vegetation has nitrogen in it, genius. Lol

Dig'd this up with the search function

From swerve

og is a food whore.. shit i give them 750ppm of nitrogen and calmag right when they root and go into my dwc system... then it gets bumped real fast to 1000ppm... when i switched this last run to 12/12 i was at shit i dunno 1250-1300ppm before even going into flower. and i will top them off at 2000ppm of bloom calmag and kool bloom. before my 3 weeks flush. and not a burn anywhere on the leaves or in the buds.. and let me tell you i got og kolas right now that are just under arms length and they are a true 3 weeks into flower. im talking insane og dank....hahahahahaa i take all my og at 70-75 days nothing earlier i like the weight it puts on those last 2 weeks. you can go from a 2 ounce plant to a 4 ounce plant in those last 2-3 weeks. trust me on that... rock hard dense as all hell lemon pledge pinesol kerosine smelling and tasting buds......ok lt me help ya a bit here...

i run dwc lucas formula as well. but i run 12X 5 gallon at one spot another spot i run 50X5gall and an old spot of mine we ran just under 200X5gal alll dwc...so i ahve some experience here...oh and all the grows were og and Chemdog D and Chemdog #4 and underdawg cut. so everything you said sounds great 600w co2 and all that jazz... start them off kinda chill until you notice they are growing once they get growing hit them good with nitrogen and calmag.. those are your friends with og... og is a cal mag whore.... she will eat as much of it as you can throw at it... the longest possible veg and as much lst and topping or fimming or training you can do to get them to bush out... if you can set up a trelis and weave them through the trelis kinda like a scrog grow... og can be lanky if you dont stay on her with supercropping or lst.... when she starts to stretch pinch the stem ie supercrop. this will cause her to branch out more.... if you can veg them for 20+ days in a dwc you will have pretty large plants if you have the head space that is. but they will yeild killer for you f you can get them fairly big and bushy

D

DDG

From swerve

og is a food whore.. shit i give them 750ppm of nitrogen and calmag right when they root and go into my dwc system... then it gets bumped real fast to 1000ppm... when i switched this last run to 12/12 i was at shit i dunno 1250-1300ppm before even going into flower. and i will top them off at 2000ppm of bloom calmag and kool bloom. before my 3 weeks flush. and not a burn anywhere on the leaves or in the buds.. and let me tell you i got og kolas right now that are just under arms length and they are a true 3 weeks into flower. im talking insane og dank....hahahahahaa i take all my og at 70-75 days nothing earlier i like the weight it puts on those last 2 weeks. you can go from a 2 ounce plant to a 4 ounce plant in those last 2-3 weeks. trust me on that... rock hard dense as all hell lemon pledge pinesol kerosine smelling and tasting buds......ok lt me help ya a bit here...

i run dwc lucas formula as well. but i run 12X 5 gallon at one spot another spot i run 50X5gall and an old spot of mine we ran just under 200X5gal alll dwc...so i ahve some experience here...oh and all the grows were og and Chemdog D and Chemdog #4 and underdawg cut. so everything you said sounds great 600w co2 and all that jazz... start them off kinda chill until you notice they are growing once they get growing hit them good with nitrogen and calmag.. those are your friends with og... og is a cal mag whore.... she will eat as much of it as you can throw at it... the longest possible veg and as much lst and topping or fimming or training you can do to get them to bush out... if you can set up a trelis and weave them through the trelis kinda like a scrog grow... og can be lanky if you dont stay on her with supercropping or lst.... when she starts to stretch pinch the stem ie supercrop. this will cause her to branch out more.... if you can veg them for 20+ days in a dwc you will have pretty large plants if you have the head space that is. but they will yeild killer for you f you can get them fairly big and bushy
I cant tell you how ridiculous your post was. Buzzword central. You sound like every rookie grower. Nitrogen and calmag are your friend during veg? So wait! You mean to tell me that the plant likes Nitrogen, calcium and magnesium? 🤭 You dont say. So does every plant in existence. So do we. Crazy concept, huh?! Blows my mind, too. Most pointles rant I've ever seen. You need to take a biology class. It will teach you how ridiculous you sound. You say all the things youd hear in every youtube video on growing, all meshed in one comment with every single buzzword imaginable. Mainstteam basics that anyone with a low iq and 1 grow under their belt would know. Stop trying to teach. You're clueless. Dumb people always oversell everything. You say you feed them 2000ppm? Not a chance. And if you do, then you're plants are all locking out and taste like crap with small yield. 2 oz plant? Lol Case in point. Do you have 20 more of those filling uo a 4×8 tray? Cause an individual plant in a dwc yielding 2-4 oz is a joke. I couldnt yield that little if i tried with cfls in soil. You should he pulling at least a lb a plant under a 600w and 2.5 under a 1000w. You dont go over 800ppm in dwc snd.in hydro never go over 950-1000ppm or epse you lock out and your plant doeent get what it needs. Just cause its drinking the water, doesnt mean its taking uo the nutes. There is no chance you give it 2000ppm. That's silly. Thst means you have zero understanding on nutes. Youre feeding it salts and minerals. Thats it. More is not better. i think you rookies seem to misunderstand when they say feed it hard, cause s a demanding plant, it doesnt necessary mean higher ppm. It means more frequently. And less is more. Does your body absorb 10gs of protein per lb of bodyweigh? Youre a man. You lift, im sure. What would happen if you were to eat a thousamd grams of carbs with 600 grams of protein a day? Would your body absorb it all or would you be backed up and sh....g all day? Nobody is feeding their plants 2000ppm. And btw,nfor a bigger yeild of actusl colas and not small little buds everywhere, you NEVER top a bunch of times. The less branches the bettet. "You shoudk get a trellis!.and supercrop ans lst and derderderederr 🤪 Youre supposed to trellis it every time and if youre supercropoing then why would you top it so many times? The branches already will multiply if you scrog it. So you want to end uo with a thousand branches and small popcorn buds? Gawd you're an id.. . Next time you want to exaggerate and sound clueless, remind yourself that there are some people that actually finished highchool. Again, basswood central. "Nitrogen and Calmag are you're friend" lmao All fertilizer, a and b, ot anything for vegetation has nitrogen in it, genius. Lol

From swerve

Latest posts

Top Bottom