Tips On Smell After Harvest

• Thread starter Juddz2891
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Juddz2891

Juddz2891

Ok here's my problem my girls have a smell during veg n flowering but once I cut them n hang the smell goes away I keep in the right temps through out flowering n harvest am I doing sumthin wrong?? And I'm using fox farms line of nutes grow big big bloom and tiger bloom

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Your problems are Not throughout flower as you have a smell. My opinion your problem is probably drying and curing and very likely drying too fast. Could also be the time of harvest. Terpenes are volatile at room temperature and peak in the morning before lights on. You should harvest in this window of time for the highest level of terps.

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

Your problems are Not throughout flower as you have a smell. My opinion your problem is probably drying and curing and very likely drying too fast. Could also be the time of harvest. Terpenes are volatile at room temperature and peak in the morning before lights on. You should harvest in this window of time for the highest level of terps.
Yea that's prob it cause I'm still trying to get my curing to next time I'll let them come out in the darkNess cause I pulled them a couple mins after my lights came on thanks for the help I will try that

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

I chop when it's lights on, off, in between, 2 days darkness, 3 days darkness, needing to be watered, watered 3 days prior to chop. Doesn't matter. A proper dry and cure is key.
Preciate it n how long do u usually wait until yu jar up I no it goes by like hang dry like 6-7 days in the proper temps n humidity n is dry between 65-70 rh 60-65??

Natural

Natural

I tried em all it seems..best method is to hang the whole plant in the dark @ 60% rh and have temps in the 60's if possible. I let plants hang 10 days min...have waited 20 days np. I like to burp big turkey bags of buds..the more buds you have gathered together..the more they stay fresh and moisture is homogenized. The worst thing you can do is wet trim and dry single branches letting them get over-dry and then storing them with air pockets.

H

hawkman

Ok here's my problem my girls have a smell during veg n flowering but once I cut them n hang the smell goes away I keep in the right temps through out flowering n harvest am I doing sumthin wrong?? And I'm using fox farms line of nutes grow big big bloom and tiger bloom
all is normal once you cure - about 1 month you will have proper smelling product

Natural

Natural

I wet trim and have been for 4+yrs with excellent results every run.
not always a bad idea to rough trim and hang..but alot of new growers want to trim down to small branches and it dries out too quick. when we hang the whole plant..the rh parameters become less of a concern. My buds stink when I chop them and stink when I bag them..and stink when I smoke them fwiw

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Proof is in the pics
Wet trim with commercial t4
4 days drying on dry racks
75* 55%rh room
Then into 1/2gal mason jars burped 30mins a day until internal rh is stable between 55% and 60%rh. Then never opened unless bagging for my patients.

20161208 191208
20161030 193312

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

Looks are ok and smell is alright, but there's nothing worse then pretendo Reggie Miller Lite weed that looks decent and smells better then taste like shit and feeling is lost with its soul...it's all in the feeeling for me and as far as smell, my best curing comes from preserving the living aroma that peaks for me a week or two before harvest...by the time my cure is done the living aroma remains with less perfume and less alcohol scent leaving more potpourri smell wich is a tad bit sweeter then the living aroma and a bit more sour aswell
proofs in the smoke test really..but not bad demon not bad..does it help a newb to think like that? certainly a bigger learning curve..and makes a huge difference if ya got a room full vs hardly any
I'm with @Natural on this one
+1proofs in the experience!
+1 Dry trim

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Head to the cannabis cup in flint. If you were there last 2 yrs, I had hp of chaos and gg4 available. All donated in 1 day. Never had a complaint. Shit, I have ppl who drive down from flint to grab my meds.

Psychonaut47

Psychonaut47

People drive across the country for Cali's backyard boogie, that doesn't make it high grade Chingon meds....don't let your ego blind you or get jacked by phallus riders

Top Bottom