Tips On What To Add To Promix? ProMix Amendment Recipe

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

since your using promix why not just use coots clackmass recipe,has all the measurment and all,organix has the shit down pack and would be glad to help,,i use 1.1.1 mix myself and amend,1 part compost,1 part animal manure 1 part peatmoss,,i then amend lime,oyster shell flour,crab meal for chitton and chitason,alfalfa meal,azomite ,ewc.,and bio char charged in kamino,ewc ,comfrey,fish emulsions,bio media,bio intate ,the charge soaks for 2 weeks,and i add to my compost
u are melting my brain

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

im close to just getting the wal mart MG that says it feeds for 3 weeks some say up to 4 months I have no clue what im doing and seems im taking a road that people with some exp walk down

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

there is so much going on there don't even know what to take of that
it is a list of every thing you would and could build soil and life with,,tells you the npk value of each ingrediant,,kinda the same thing as the nutrients you buy,,they list the rating,same thing,,in difrent parts of the world some folks cant even buy bag soil and this list can provide them with things they can find local to do the same thing

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im close to just getting the wal mart MG that says it feeds for 3 weeks some say up to 4 months I have no clue what im doing and seems im taking a road that people with some exp walk down
ive grown in mg,its a bitch,but can be done,with patients,but im say this it be a head ache you really dont want,and you would also be suporting mass murders,,there products do more than just grow ,there product runoff interupt the water table with posion,,but to each there own,,somewere in the farm there is a clackmass coots thread has the recipe,ive seen it ,i think its in organic section,it really not that complicated,not sure how much recipe makes,@Organikz can help you out,he probally know the recipe buy heart

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

yah MG is trash for sure and what sucks is they know people don't like them so they just make a new bag with a dif name and pass it off as something els when its just the same poo

Organikz

Organikz

ive grown in mg,its a bitch,but can be done,with patients,but im say this it be a head ache you really dont want,and you would also be suporting mass murders,,there products do more than just grow ,there product runoff interupt the water table with posion,,but to each there own,,somewere in the farm there is a clackmass coots thread has the recipe,ive seen it ,i think its in organic section,it really not that complicated,not sure how much recipe makes,@Organikz can help you out,he probally know the recipe buy heart
1 part aeration
1 part high quality worm castings
1 part peat moss

Per cubic foot
5 cups biochar
2-3 cups basalt
1/2-1 cup kelp meal
1-2 cup MBP
1/2-1 cup neem/karanja cake
1 cup lime
You can buy the amendment kits from build a soil. This is based on his newest recipe but I add the lime because I just don't trust relying on ewc.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I every now and thing make ewc tea like I said im so newb I don't know what im doing so I do the ez way to do it all adding more of something just fs me n the a lol
That is good but what you need is actual compost. You could try making tea out of some high-quality real humus. That is what will really work and also stabilize your pH worm castings will not do that.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

1 part aeration
1 part peat moss

Per cubic foot
5 cups biochar
2-3 cups basalt
1/2-1 cup kelp meal
1-2 cup MBP
1 cup lime
You can buy the amendment kits from build a soil. This is based on his newest recipe but I add the lime because I just don't trust relying on ewc.

so with this I don't need to feed bc the soil is feeding its self ???

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

1 part aeration
1 part peat moss

Per cubic foot
5 cups biochar
2-3 cups basalt
1/2-1 cup kelp meal
1-2 cup MBP
1 cup lime

lol looking stuff up now but ewc peat moss klep and lime is the only stuff I have even heard of

Organikz

Organikz

so with this I don't need to feed bc the soil is feeding its self ???
You can get by with a monthly 1/2 cup top dress of kelp and karanja/neem cake. I'd feed coconut water and aloe once a week and soap nut tea once a week. There is not a true water only soil that keeps plants at peak health. Not out the bag anyway.

@dnewsome2 there is a way higher concentration of humus in worm castings than in compost. Worm casting are compost chelated down to an even more available form. I make compost before i feed it to my worms to avoid

Last edited:
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

You can get by with a monthly 1/2 cup top dress of kelp and karanja/neem cake. I'd feed coconut water and aloe once a week and soap nut tea once a week. There is not a true water only soil that keeps plants at peak health.

@dnewsome2 there is a way higher concentration of humus in worm castings than in compost. Worm casting are compost chelated down to an even more available form.

there is just so much to learn

I cant seem to find basalt u have any clue on what els I could use that I could fine or make??

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

after looking at it more don't think I can make that to much of it I would have to order and that is just something I cant do that is why im using crapy promix lol

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

You can get by with a monthly 1/2 cup top dress of kelp and karanja/neem cake. I'd feed coconut water and aloe once a week and soap nut tea once a week. There is not a true water only soil that keeps plants at peak health. Not out the bag anyway.

@dnewsome2 there is a way higher concentration of humus in worm castings than in compost. Worm casting are compost chelated down to an even more available form. I make compost before i feed it to my worms to avoid
I was only trying to address living soil and pH. As far as I understood it she had already added bone meal and other amendments for flower. Not everyone has great worm castings like you. Some worms are fed garbage.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

I was only trying to address living soil and pH. As far as I understood it she had already added bone meal and other amendments for flower.
It's complicated but hydrogen causes acidity. This acidity is neutralized by the hydrogen attaching to carbonates making them into bicarbonates which makes it available to your plant.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

ok I know for sure I can get that stuff

so it go this way
1 part aeration
1 part peat moss
then the bm km fbm???
Thats old faithful. Tried and true. You would have to let it cook for a few weeks...that blood meal might get hot.

Top Bottom