Tips Please; The Do's and Don'ts before the Flip

• Thread starter CrippledArcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Been reading a few things about what do do before the flip (12/12) Some say hit them hard with the bloom nutes before some say after, Just wondering if I could get some people to chime in on say the Top 5 Do's before your flip and the Top 5 Don'ts . Thanks:smiley_joint:

This is soil 100% organic forgot to add that !

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Bump

Huh , I thought I could get some great input on this one:) Let me bump it up on the list

S

sfzoo

you'll want to transition them easy..

i'd suggest against hitting them hard w/ bloom nutes as they are still using a good amount of N during the stretch.

Grow nutes for wk 1, 1/2 Grow and 1/2 bloom for wk 2, then you can go to straight bloom nutes after...or some variation of that.

R

red x

they stretch for 2-3 weeks
1. grow nutes
2. mh
3. after 2nd /3rd week switch both
4. bump up the ppm
5, watch them close and see what they tell you

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I hit my plants lite with Bud Blood 1st week in bloom then slowly build up with bloom nutes plus bloom additives every week by week 5-6 I'm hitting them very hard with all my bloom nutes then after week 6 I slowly back off the nutes

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Thanks so much ,for the Tips so week 1, Thinking of Alaskan fish fert 5-1-1, Liquid seaweed,Roots Trinity Regular strength then week 2 , 1/2 dose of Alaskan plus Half does Roots HPK, full trinity ,then 3 on just HPK,Trinity,Seaweed,molasses . Should there be any additions ? flipping Monday

This is a dual bulb hood 400 each MH/HPS So week 2 think I should swap that MH to a conversion HPS

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks so much ,for the Tips so week 1, Thinking of Alaskan fish fert 5-1-1, Liquid seaweed,Roots Trinity Regular strength then week 2 , 1/2 dose of Alaskan plus Half does Roots HPK, full trinity ,then 3 on just HPK,Trinity,Seaweed,molasses . Should there be any additions ? flipping Monday

This is a dual bulb hood 400 each MH/HPS So week 2 think I should swap that MH to a conversion HPS

Can't speak to the organic nutes you listed, I don't have experience with them. Personally, I go with transition, half and half veg/bloom nutes the first week after flip, keeping the PPMs- or nute strength- the same as before the flip. Then, I ease up the bloom nutes a lil at a time until peak flower sees the maximum.

As far as the lighting goes, if you already have an HPS and an MH in there, leave them! The only better options would involve spending money; getting a 1000W ballast with a Hortilux dual element bulb- which is more or less similar to what you already have- or going big bux and throwing down on something like Gavita's 300 LEP plasma setup.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

OK so far 1 says to Keep the MH in the mix the entire time. Added 2 105 watt CFL 2700 ( damn things are huge ) They are on opposite side of the Hood definitively help with a little more coverage. Wanting to stay 100% organic can anyone suggest some additives to the Roots HPK, Roots Trinity ,MaxiCrop Liquid Seaweed and molasses .

ttystikk

ttystikk

OK so far 1 says to Keep the MH in the mix the entire time. Added 2 105 watt CFL 2700 ( damn things are huge ) They are on opposite side of the Hood definitively help with a little more coverage. Wanting to stay 100% organic can anyone suggest some additives to the Roots HPK, Roots Trinity ,MaxiCrop Liquid Seaweed and molasses .

Yeah, I have one of those big mutha CFLs too, and it's more or less worthless for growing under. Uses too much power and you can't get the light to where the plants are worth a damn... And as if that wasn't bad enough, it's still a CFL so unless the bulb is just an inch or two from the plant all it's doing is spinning your electric meter faster. About the only way I could see that thing being helpful is if you hung it vertically INSIDE your biggest 'tree' style plant!

If you're set on using CFL, I built an effective array out of wooden strips and bathroom lightbars... seriously. I call it the McGuyver(!), it looks like two wooden rails with brass ties across it at regular intervals. Each brass fixture holds 4 or 5 bulbs. The whole thing is about 4 feet long and 30" wide. Mine takes 25 CFL bulbs of your choice- believe it or not, smaller is better- and creates a very nice even lighting distribution the plants love to grow under. Is it better than T5? I dunno, but it sure was cheaper!

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Well at current they free hanging in the middle of the plants, They get moved to different spot in the garden daily. Already had them from the start

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

BUMPED:

Wanted to see some recommendations to add to the Roots line, with the above mixture mentioned above. Week 2 in flower now.

ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

I'm happy to see this thread as I'll be dealing with the same questions in about a month. I'm doing organic soil too, and have been using teas of various meals, compost, kelp, and molasses to good effect so far, but I suspect I'll need heavier artillery come flower time.

The one piece of non-nutrient related flipping advice I've read in a few places is to shut the lights off for at least a day during the flip, I guess to let the plants recalibrate themselves or something. I'd love a little more confirmation of this, though.

And as for the nutes themselves, maybe post this in the organic soil subforum? I bet you'll get a tidal wave of advice.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

I'm happy to see this thread as I'll be dealing with the same questions in about a month. I'm doing organic soil too, and have been using teas of various meals, compost, kelp, and molasses to good effect so far, but I suspect I'll need heavier artillery come flower time.

The one piece of non-nutrient related flipping advice I've read in a few places is to shut the lights off for at least a day during the flip, I guess to let the plants recalibrate themselves or something. I'd love a little more confirmation of this, though.

And as for the nutes themselves, maybe post this in the organic soil subforum? I bet you'll get a tidal wave of advice.

Not much help there either, Will research more and ask less :)

I

Indicas4me

I usually transplant to bigger pots as soon as they go in for there 12/12 cycle.So I have to flush mine thoroughly (before the transplant) or I get the crab claw leaves of over nuting.

Top Bottom