tired of pollen chuckers

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I have been burning herb for a few years now. I have been able to watch the new and upcoming flavors come and go. But it seems to me the last 8 years or so herb has become so mediocre. I have not tasted anything new for quite awhile. To top it off the stains that are out there seem to be grown in some automated sys where it all become generic.
I hope with a few states becoming legal we can get some serious breeding with enough room to play. Give the breeders time to try their work rather then putting up seeds for sale that have not been grown out,with no pics or info on the strains. There is quite a collection of people who call themselves breeders,rebels without a clue.
So for Christmas I want a stable plant that really finishes at 8 weeks,no more the 3 main phenos in the cross,multiple flavors depending on your formula,potency ranging from 18-30% depending on time.One more thing I want a plant that gives up it's trics easily to save my back.
I do not know if I am old school and fear change, but I see the future of herb becoming to homogenized. I hope some new upcoming breeder proves me wrong and puts a smile on my face. Suerte JK

sensicloud

sensicloud

Interesting post, JK. I think there is a lot of truth to the homogenization of herb but it would be years and years down the road, still very possible though.

tweedy

tweedy

I agree, its a really frustrating industry. I dont know of how many kit car companies would keep getting buyers if you bought a Cobra and when you finished putting it together it looked like a yugo.

Same thing with buying seeds these days. They promise you the world and a back massage and give you BCBD's cookies, hahaha.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

U do have a very good point of breeders slangin beans that they have never grown themselves. Yea i get it ur putting 2 great strains together so 99.9% of the time its gonna be DANK and im not tripping at all most breeders are cool ass cats and will make shyt right if u ever have an issue so dont get me wrong shit happens mayne. All im saying is theres always that 1 percenter that can and does turn to shyt everyonce in awhile so when ur working a big ass room u just spent 6k to get to harvest and u have a room full of dank ass SEEDED reggies cuz no one ever tested shit. And u cant even get cost back. Can i get reimbursed on that? Just sayin man it is what it is what it is. I dont think id be able to stand behind something 100% if i never grew a pack myself.
Peace

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Well obviously people keep buying these beans so what kind of incentive is there for a 'breeder' to stop making them?They would not exist without a customer base,they are just supplying the demand,good bad or otherwise.

sixstring

sixstring

@Jalisco Kid have you tried any mr nice yet? I ran the black widow for a few years because of the same stuff your talkin about.just seemed like everything I popped was some fruity kush,good stuff but a lot of the same smells n flavors.but I had 2 distinct phenos out of 6 females and they were both old skool type smells and structure.everybody loved the smoke,and although I never tested it I can say it was right up there with the best of them on potency.i actually decided to buy more backup beans before I stopped cloning it lol,and the Ortega was pretty damn good as well,smelled like some kind of heavy spice almost like the old skool Columbian gold I got as a kid.both had above average yields as well.im still poppin beans chasin dreams when I should probably be goin through those packs ;)

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Interesting. .ive been having conversations with Growers of BIG DANS GREENTHUMB genetics. I just couldn't believe he was STABILIZING his shit. SO far two dudes mid flower haven't responded in a few weeks. I always question genetics if it's from a NEW breeder . JUST miss the old days when You KNEW a pack of 10 beans 3or4 different Phenos were in it..

soserthc1

soserthc1

There is variety in all walks of life and will always be breeders doing good work and will always be breeders doing little to no work , were there is $ to be made , you can bet people will be there to make it , but to me it lies with the consumer as when I buy ketchup I only buy Heinz as I know that Heinz makes a consistent ketchup that I like . The same philosophy should be used when buying beans , go with a breeder that you know has consistently been working and putting out good/great strains. Now that does not mean your always gonna have good gear as it depends on your growing environment also but at least you know that the chances of great genetics are better with them than a new ABC company and if you decide to try the new company / seeds you know what your getting into .....hence why would anyone ever risk a major grow with a unproven breeder.

There are always gonna be people new to growing and buying generic gear without a educated opinion or ever seeing it grown out any where and as long as that continue's there will always be a market for seeds ....Alot of people were not born into cannabis accepted area's and don't have the access to a educated decision, and buy the first cannabis seeds they see in High Times and you know the big marking dollars generates sales or it would be a waste of money ....

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

There is variety in all walks of life and will always be breeders doing good work and will always be breeders doing little to no work , were there is $ to be made , you can bet people will be there to make it , but to me it lies with the consumer as when I buy ketchup I only buy Heinz as I know that Heinz makes a consistent ketchup that I like . The same philosophy should be used when buying beans , go with a breeder that you know has consistently been working and putting out good/great strains. Now that does not mean your always gonna have good gear as it depends on your growing environment also but at least you know that the chances of great genetics are better with them than a new ABC company and if you decide to try the new company / seeds you know what your getting into .....hence why would anyone ever risk a major grow with a unproven breeder.

There are always gonna be people new to growing and buying generic gear without a educated opinion or ever seeing it grown out any where and as long as that continue's there will always be a market for seeds ....Alot of people were not born into cannabis accepted area's and don't have the access to a educated decision, and buy the first cannabis seeds they see in High Times and you know the big marking dollars generates sales or it would be a waste of money ....

WELL said Sos....Oh i agree .. If some of the younger growers listen and take notes and read about the genetics they're buying. And research. A lot of garbage wouldn't circulate. .Off top of Your head who's your GO TO 5 Breeders??

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

U do have a very good point of breeders slangin beans that they have never grown themselves. Yea i get it ur putting 2 great strains together so 99.9% of the time its gonna be DANK and im not tripping at all most breeders are cool ass cats and will make shyt right if u ever have an issue so dont get me wrong shit happens mayne. All im saying is theres always that 1 percenter that can and does turn to shyt everyonce in awhile so when ur working a big ass room u just spent 6k to get to harvest and u have a room full of dank ass SEEDED reggies cuz no one ever tested shit. And u cant even get cost back. Can i get reimbursed on that? Just sayin man it is what it is what it is. I dont think id be able to stand behind something 100% if i never grew a pack myself.
Peace
Well you could always sell the beans from your seeded room to recover costs,lol.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Well you could always sell the beans from your seeded room to recover costs,lol.
Couldnt even give them away they where all hermi's lol it is what it is.
And I understand not dedicateing ur grow to an untrusted growers untested gear but u see it all the time with herms popping up in mostly untested dank from trusted breeders gear, hell even there proven gear. It is what it is theres always a chance.
Just sayin i know theres not a damn thing i can do to my mamas that are kept in my garden to make them herm. I dont think a true female will herm. Nature has it tho if u get an unmatched hybrid that just doesnt work natures gonna throw u a curveball whether the parents where dank and trusted or not. Thats nature. And thats where stabiliseing comes in.
And thats where ur right its up to the consumer to at least be sure ur buying true tested gear?
If not u seriously ask ur self is it worth buying a pack of untested gear in the first place?
Lol but i aint gonna bullshit theres some oldies i would snatch up n take the chance on if i could find in seed form so im guilty of at least buying untested gear in the future perhaps haha.
Happy holidays all.
Peace

Amber

Amber

I have been burning herb for a few years now. I have been able to watch the new and upcoming flavors come and go. But it seems to me the last 8 years or so herb has become so mediocre. I have not tasted anything new for quite awhile. To top it off the stains that are out there seem to be grown in some automated sys where it all become generic.
I hope with a few states becoming legal we can get some serious breeding with enough room to play. Give the breeders time to try their work rather then putting up seeds for sale that have not been grown out,with no pics or info on the strains. There is quite a collection of people who call themselves breeders,rebels without a clue.
So for Christmas I want a stable plant that really finishes at 8 weeks,no more the 3 main phenos in the cross,multiple flavors depending on your formula,potency ranging from 18-30% depending on time.One more thing I want a plant that gives up it's trics easily to save my back.
I do not know if I am old school and fear change, but I see the future of herb becoming to homogenized. I hope some new upcoming breeder proves me wrong and puts a smile on my face. Suerte JK
Amen to that all I want for Christmas is for JK to get what he wants for Christmas..... Or just plain ole Albert Walker for myself.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Nothing against anyone making and selling seeds at all,keep making beans,Just price the untested/not stabilized stuff accordingly and be honest about what they are.Too many unknowns trying to pass stuff off at 100 bucks a pack or worse yet put them up for auction,Of course if WE didnt buy them they would have no market.
Having said all that were pretty blessed to have access to alot of quality breeders/beans on the bay right now with more coming all the time,vote with your wallet for what you want to see i guess.

soserthc1

soserthc1

WELL said Sos....Oh i agree .. If some of the younger growers listen and take notes and read about the genetics they're buying. And research. A lot of garbage wouldn't circulate. .Off top of Your head who's your GO TO 5 Breeders??
I really don't like to do that either bro.... I will say I would never buy BCBD seeds and that is from there rep - I will never again buy any GHS seeds but his store - possible and I will try anyone's beans who I know to be stable and reliable and you said it - buy genetic's that you do some research on ... ie' grow shows , testers performed well ... communication with the breeder weighs in also . I will say I really dig Bodhi's style but there are way to many beans I have not popped to start ranking people honestly ... i'll get back in another 40 + yrs .....

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
One name comes to mind right now regarding epic seeds that have really impressed me regarding that "new flavor"

@obsoul33t straight shredding it in the seed dept.

So far I have ran his alien cheese, and the orange cookies and let me tell you they are both straight flame and the smells are totally incredible and unique.

soserthc1

soserthc1

One name comes to mind right now regarding epic seeds that have really impressed me regarding that "new flavor"

So far I have ran his alien cheese, and the orange cookies and let me tell you they are both straight flame and the smells are totally incredible and unique.
True but is obs offering his gear to the public.....please say yes ....

squiggly

squiggly

As the recreational movement grows, that is exactly what you are going to see man.

Being able to do science in the open without fear of reprisal for the purpose of teasing out desirable properties from cannabis strains is going to be something so potent in terms of the benefits it can offer. Opening the doors and turning on the light has a huge effect in that sense.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Geezz. .those sound Yummy. ..Orange cookies?? Yeah fish im with you..WHERE can we grab those!! It's ALWAYS who you know in the seed game!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom