tired of pollen chuckers

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

Use earth google. I am sure you can find a spot in your neighborhood. JK
i thought id try my hand at breeding...then when i seen how good my genetics were i thought i would just keep them to myself...i must have well over 10000 beans...this summer i plan to do some seed chucking :D...thats right...im gonna go hiking, camping fishing..ect...and i plan to bring 1000 seeds each time and just chuck them...being that i got really good genetics, i think i could have found a great pass time and populate the wild with a large selection of plants that will breed naturally with natural selection...only the strong survive...

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I have been burning herb for a few years now. I have been able to watch the new and upcoming flavors come and go. But it seems to me the last 8 years or so herb has become so mediocre. I have not tasted anything new for quite awhile. To top it off the stains that are out there seem to be grown in some automated sys where it all become generic.
I hope with a few states becoming legal we can get some serious breeding with enough room to play. Give the breeders time to try their work rather then putting up seeds for sale that have not been grown out,with no pics or info on the strains. There is quite a collection of people who call themselves breeders,rebels without a clue.
So for Christmas I want a stable plant that really finishes at 8 weeks,no more the 3 main phenos in the cross,multiple flavors depending on your formula,potency ranging from 18-30% depending on time.One more thing I want a plant that gives up it's trics easily to save my back.
I do not know if I am old school and fear change, but I see the future of herb becoming to homogenized. I hope some new upcoming breeder proves me wrong and puts a smile on my face. Suerte JK

Well quite smoking for ten years and come back when u a newbie again bro lol... For me it's a whole different game. I amazed by now a days herb. I've been smoking herb since 1990 and I have seen a lot of it, but damn today if I want orange, lemon, berry, banana, or any kind of fruit taste I can ! Not to mention some of crazy taste and smell such as the diesel lines can carry ! Some are peppery some spicy, it's so enjoyable IMO. Want a blast from the past? Get ACE Malawi ! Or tropical seeds Zambian ! Get Colombian Gold x Jamaican LambsBread ! I haven't even mention the OG's or Chemdog lol, the purples etc...

I think u a spoiled pot head who had too much dank for the last 20 years :)

CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr

I wish I could get some real quality outdoor sativa sensi. Real mexican, columbian or thai. Or even some of that Grinspoon etc holland sativas.
I know I wouldn't be growing those strains though. I don't even know if good examples of that still come here to Cali or if it is all shitty brick.

homebrew420

homebrew420

I think so often we wax nostalgic about the things come an gone. Herb is better than it ever has been. and for you folks who think "its all watered down versions..." wrong. You simply looked in the wrong place, and/or not enough seeds started.
Pollen chuckers SHOULD keep up their work. I disagree with mass sales with no testing, and I feel this is what we complain about. One should not feel justified in selling seeds for $10 a piece when NO real work went into said sale. 4-5months of total work does not equate to careful selection from a decent population.

Peace

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Science is truth in this case. Weed tested today for THC and/or CBD has a much higher concentration compared to buds pre 1990. Starting around 1990, sativa/indica hybrids started taking over NYC. Black Haze, or "The Black" as it was called, was around then, and it is still the strongest bud I've ever smoked.....toooooo strong! Other than that, I think back then and up until now, buds test an average of 10 - 20% thc. Only now, we have unlimited flavors to choose from. Back then, it was always the same shit....Silver Haze, O Haze, G13, G13 Haze, and many variations of Afghan Skunks. This was before Diesel and all its' variations. The SSSDH as it's known today was the NYCDeisel back in the late 90's, where I'm from.

What I think it comes down to is if you think weed is weak these days, stop smoking for 7 to 14 days.. The same "weakass" bud will have you floored for hours.

nuttso

nuttso

Damn sorry folks for my offtopic question, but when JK talks about formulas and flavor i got bells ringing in my head. Can anyone expand on this. Specifficaly what is meant with different formulations. Just different npk? more sulphur? Please somebody give me a tip.

Seatown

Seatown

The new breeders dilute only their portion of the market, and honestly, I see nothing but good as a result f it. If they don't want to run their beans to find out what they have, or further stabilize it's genetics, fine... They've just done a portion of that legwork for anyone else willing to. Usually, these untested/unrefined strains are sold at a discount... So the only people really buying them are new growers, exp growers who see the potential and want to stock up, and other breeders who see the true potential deep down in it's dankiness

People who know what they're doing will always recognize true, quality genetics, and the breeders who represent that (bodhi, ograskal, nw47, etc). Just my 2 cents

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Usually, these untested/unrefined strains are sold at a discount...
(bodhi, ograskal, nw47, etc). Just my 2 cents

Where do you get your seeds, because on sites like this one, even Attitude and the like, selling unrefined seeds is common place and the biggest rip off ever..

J

Jalisco Kid

Damn sorry folks for my offtopic question, but when JK talks about formulas and flavor i got bells ringing in my head. Can anyone expand on this. Specifficaly what is meant with different formulations. Just different npk? more sulphur? Please somebody give me a tip.
Sulfur can help or hinder terpinoid production. It has the opposite effects with say spearmint vs japanese mint. Aminos effect flavor, as does some phosphates.
Google india/vietnam Terpinoid production. If we had a School boy here with access to research lib. we could post a bunch of new studies. Carbon loading seems to help in this also.
JK

SkunkDoctor

SkunkDoctor

I agree 100%. I've been working on a few lines for years now and I'm getting really close. Got two 3 stud males that just pass the perfect traits on in there offspring. My hunting has been for the elite males hidden in the bunch. Since i started throwing away the first flowering males. My breeding has got that much better. Many people pick the early finishers but if you think about it. Thats how heriloom strains were made in the wild.. And also why there never really that good. So the way I see it is u want to find those hidden traits that mother nature is hiding in the wild.

Seatown

Seatown

Where do you get your seeds, because on sites like this one, even Attitude and the like, selling unrefined seeds is common place and the biggest rip off ever..

Local breeders mainly. Lots of people let their F1's out at a cheaper rate because theyre unrefined, then bring the price up as the generations progress.... which makes sense to me. I see what youre talking about though. It just means new breeders have to prove themselves and their work even more...

B

BestAround

haha.. o god here we go.. u guys really? most of the shit ive grown has been pollen chucked.. and its not mediocre.. its the best AROUnd.. PERIOD. I only grow a few big name breeders seeds.. and I can say .. that ive made seeds that ive found better plants in then most of the shit u buy off the net..

just make your own seeds if u want a STRAIN THAT HAS EVERYTHING YOU WANT!.. lol.. everyone has to start somewere right? I mean shit u just don't go from grower to breeder over night.. u start with making a few crosses here n there.. and then maybe working a line for a while making some nice selections.. and make a stable line.. but shit.. like 8 years ago or so . was my first ever CROSS.. and I used an Afghan Kush Male to hit like some 20-30 females.. I popped like 20 seeds of each.. and found better plants in a first ever seed making experience.. then all the fucking thousands of dollars worth of seeds I bought on the net..

don't get me wrong. u can find keepers from most breeders.. but finding a keeper in a 6 pack . or a 12 pack.. isn't going to happen .. not the KEEPER that is the best you will find in the cross..

but I had to buy 50 seeds of each strain.. that I wanted to use to make seeds.

I started chucking because I couldn't find a single strain.. that would finish before it molds.. or before its too cold...

and over the years. I can say.. we have made the right SELECTIONS MALE AND FEMALE WISE to make some GREAT SEEDS

the thing I don't like about the seed business is.. just that. people act like they took years to make a strain stable.. and then u get a few packs.. and get 10 different phenos.

or they herm like a mother fucker.. or it doesn't look anything like the descriptions or anything . shit ive even found a few plants that I swear was rogue pollen maybe off the dudes shirt from another male,, or from not using hepas . or pulled males to late..

but shit if u want a strain that matches your requirements. in seed form.. make your own.. and if u don't want to do that.. then u need to find a clone of a pheno that matches ..

Seatown

Seatown

^ I totally agree with you BA,

The problem I've had with cuts was that the people at dispensaries had no clue what cutz were worth keeping, so the local collectives were filled with big name, no quality strains. I discovered a local community (NWGT) that opened my eyes to just whats out there, and how cool some people are about sharing those dank genetics... makes a big diff once you actually have access to it.

B

BestAround

and from what ive found.. my strains that go over 60 days in flower. tend to be stronger.. then the pheno that was done in 50. even with same trichs milky amber ratio

B

Buttholesfr

I have been burning herb for a few years now. I have been able to watch the new and upcoming flavors come and go. But it seems to me the last 8 years or so herb has become so mediocre. I have not tasted anything new for quite awhile. To top it off the stains that are out there seem to be grown in some automated sys where it all become generic.
I hope with a few states becoming legal we can get some serious breeding with enough room to play. Give the breeders time to try their work rather then putting up seeds for sale that have not been grown out,with no pics or info on the strains. There is quite a collection of people who call themselves breeders,rebels without a clue.
So for Christmas I want a stable plant that really finishes at 8 weeks,no more the 3 main phenos in the cross,multiple flavors depending on your formula,potency ranging from 18-30% depending on time.One more thing I want a plant that gives up it's trics easily to save my back.
I do not know if I am old school and fear change, but I see the future of herb becoming to homogenized. I hope some new upcoming breeder proves me wrong and puts a smile on my face. Suerte JK
I agree with you 100 percent, and these so called breeders get some Master Grower to go through a bunch but don’t tell ya that 90 percent hermied up and put some pics on IG of the NEW NEW lmao, that look great and all and sell them at 300 bux a pack and laugh all the way to the bank and when ya call them out on it, they just block you..It’s a f’n joke and you hit it on the Nail, and I just bought some seeds from a Colorado company and it’s the last company I’ll try out..I never had these problems when we used to have to order seeds from Amsterdam or via Canada

ahemait

ahemait

Given the increasing legalization there's no possibility of anything but better breeding programs. Now people can actually comfortably grow out 500 plants at a time to do proper genetic selection and crossing, combined with lab testing to back it up. And you can bet there will be genetic engineering going on too.

It's the golden age of ganja

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Bad weed was an inside job. Setting up the future players for success, ruining the publics perception of and availability of high quality Cannabis.

You ever wonder HOW people like Dave Watson were able to do what they did, and how they were in 3 different places at once gathering up the good shit for GW and friends?

You ever wonder why modern domestic weed taste like shit now that "terpene" is the new buzzword and ecigs the new joint? Or why modern domestic Cali weed doesn't get you high?

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

None of it is new. It's just mixes of things that already existed. So no you're not going to have anything you havent tasted before unless it's been added in (happening more and more these days).

But if it's any consolation to you, some morons renamed all the flavors to embarrassing, retarded kid names.
Like cheese, diesel etc...

Cause that's what we were missing apparently. A way to show everyone we are just a bunch of undereducated, stoner kids with zero or little reguard for formality....

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Bad weed was an inside job. Setting up the future players for success, ruining the publics perception of and availability of high quality Cannabis.

You ever wonder HOW people like Dave Watson were able to do what they did, and how they were in 3 different places at once gathering up the good shit for GW and friends?

You ever wonder why modern domestic weed taste like shit now that "terpene" is the new buzzword and ecigs the new joint? Or why modern domestic Cali weed doesn't get you high?
^

Top Bottom