Tired of the crystals on a stick Elite cuts..

• Thread starter bluejay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBF

CBF

Supporter
same clone also at 7wks, Oogly Googly, done as a bush.

CBF

OoglyGee 7wkbush
Ooglygee 7wktopbudCU
OoglyGee 7wkbudCU
T

Trillion

Have to agree with you CBF yield is at the bottom of the list along with colouration in terms of qualities I select for.

The bud structure on that one is atrocious, huge internodal stretch and tiny buds, it makes bubba look like big bud hehe
Must be a lovely smoke for you to keep her around.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
Have to agree with you CBF yield is at the bottom of the list along with colouration in terms of qualities I select for.

The bud structure on that one is atrocious, huge internodal stretch and tiny buds, it makes bubba look like big bud hehe
Must be a lovely smoke for you to keep her around.

lol, she still has 3 weeks left, will plump some, lol.

but yeah, not winnin any contests for bud size. does get a little credit for producin a hard heavy nug.

shes different in taste then other OGs ive grown, right up there in potentcy. better grower then myself would most likely produce better.

both plants shown were vegged under fluros as well, which isnt helpin this cut much,lol.

outcrossed the sister to this plant, outragious stretch on her, to a X18 X DC, see how that pans out.

CBF

F

fink

For me the type of hi is the most important thing by a long way!
Raw potency seems to be the goal for alot of growers but I agree with DJ Shorts idea of a pleasantly powerful or powerfully pleasant experience.
I admit that after I've found this in a plant, I want that plant to yield as much as possible or if I find a similar plant with better yields I would bin the lower yielding one. Next on the list are flavour and smokeability both important aswell as vigor and ease of growth.

D

dogless

Premium Member
Supporter
when I am growing out non yielding elite strains I will just pop 4 or 5 clones in one pot, veg them til they are 8-12" tall and harvest when they are around 24". I manage to squeeze out a couple of z's out of each 2 gal pot

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Last time I checked not every "elite" strain is low yielding. Yea the kushes but everything else is pretty decent. If high Yielding is your thing to each his own. I'm all about quality as said before. I mean if you have such a crappy yielder grow 5 instead of one. To me the low yielding strains that Ive kept around are damn worth it. I know alot of Old timers round my parts that trashed there kush cutting before they even flowered it because of the way it grows. Granted they have small setups and not a lot of space but when you take some of the bud of to them they def think twice about it. Just a thought. I mean if you are a breeder pave the way and make some crosses.

S

scoobydoo

Proof that quality kush doesn't have to be small buds/yield. This is my least crystaly and stinky of my two purple kush moms. This bud is over 4 inches long without the small side nug and about two days off the plant so its not fully trimmed or dry. More then half of my buds are this size so it has awesome bag appeal. I get 2-6 oz per plant depending on veg time in about 9 weeks. I'll post pics of the other mom later.

DSCN0683
DSCN0692
A

azmatis

im relatively new to the game,ive grown a bit of weed
ive noticed some of the best stuff ive smoked, has had a smaller
yield, i guess it depends on the individual and what you are looking for,
i just grow my own medicine,to me the quality of the final product is what ijudge my grows on, and im really picky about my grows to date,the only one ive seen that is
both big yields and dank bud was the oguana kush from mota.i would prefer to have both big yields and quality of product, to me its the journey thats important, every grow i do i learn something new. so in the end i have some great dank and im honing my craft
its all good!
but that is my personal opinion
thanx
azmatis

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I dont understand this thread? You are saying you want weed that has not a lot of crystals but yeilds big? I think you can go through any of the major dutch seed bank catalogs and will find many many strains that fit what you are looking for. More than enough mid grade cash crop strains out there in seed form if you want it.

I will take the crystals on a stick myself... good topping and training gives me yeilds i am happy with too...

JB

5tickynubz

Pot of gold produces and is good smoke. In my opinion it's an almost perfect mix of quality and quanity.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Smoked some awesome organic Pot of Gold from HGF in amsterdam last april.

JB

H

HighTolerance

How about Casey Jones. It seems to be a huge yielder with quite a good potency. What do you guys think?

I have and OG/Headband but I am also in search for a high yielder that will still be close to the OG/Headband strength. Currently my CJ is looking awesome.

S

scoobydoo

How about Casey Jones. It seems to be a huge yielder with quite a good potency. What do you guys think?

I have and OG/Headband but I am also in search for a high yielder that will still be close to the OG/Headband strength. Currently my CJ is looking awesome.

Try Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze if you want guaranteed yield/potency.

T

the Rock

my choice for you would be killing fields or sannies Jack F5 or 6 =strong pot incredible yields

H

HighTolerance

Here is my Casey Jones and OG Kush (unknown cut) on Day 35.

As you can see the Casey Jones is going heads up with OG as far as gland production goes.

Also I don't think all the Kushes are low yielding, they look smaller and lesser but way denser making up in weight. Also the kushes like OG and such yield more and more as one gets more experienced with training it and all the other numbers..

First 2 pics are OG
Second 2 pics are CJ

Resog
Resog2
Rescj2
Rescj
JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I have been doing a lot of bending lately using these products called Bendz. After just couple of grows I already think i can increase yeild 50-75% if I do some good training. Would not write off any strains because of low yeild till you have done some good bending.

S

SB805KUSH

grow critical mass, william wonder etc.. Cali genitics quality gone to to far to stop for more weight less frost. I will take a frosty 1/8 th over lower thc % bunk pound. but your right not for cash crop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom