Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leoman

Leoman

What is the temperature outside of the tent? And also you said that your tent is blowing up with the new intake fan, opening up the airflow on the exhaust fan should equalize the pressure in your tent and vent more humid air. Forgive me if I’m asking questions that you already posted but something clicked when you said that your intake fan caused tent to blow up.
The temp outside the tent today was in the low 80s since we had a winter heatwave. But normally it's around 70. I can adjust both fans to equalize the pressure or create negative pressure.

I'm having a problem again lights off. Dehumidifier is outside the tent where the RH is around 40% and I just dumped another gallon out of it. Inside the tent is 75% even with the intake on full blast and the exhaust set to equalize the pressure. I can't put the dehu inside due to space and it puts out slightly warm air which would be bad during flower, and I hear it should be in the lung room anyway. There's a lot of back and forth on that.

I'm starting to narrow it down to the plants/medium/containers themselves. The coco stays wet at all times and is in fabric pots. I feed once or twice a day since I hear that's what you're supposed to do. The plants are sweating a lot. When I defoliated some of the leaves that were touching other leaves were wet even with lots of air circulation, and the humidity directly above the canopy is higher than if I take readings away from the canopy. There's a lot of transpiration going on.

I'm thinking I may need to cover these fabric pots and forget about the high frequency feeding. I got that from Dr. Coco who I've found wrong about multiple things since I started this grow. If I were smarter I'd do the opposite of everything he says.

Last edited:
MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

The temp outside the tent today was in the low 80s since we had a winter heatwave. But normally it's around 70. I can adjust both fans to equalize the pressure or create negative pressure.

I'm having a problem again lights off. Dehumidifier is outside the tent where the RH is around 40% and I just dumped another gallon out of it. Inside the tent is 75% even with the intake on full blast and the exhaust set to equalize the pressure. I can't put the dehu inside due to space and it puts out slightly warm air which would be bad during flower, and I hear it should be in the lung room anyway. There's a lot of back and forth on that.

I'm starting to narrow it down to the plants/medium/containers themselves. The coco stays wet at all times and is in fabric pots. I feed once or twice a day since I hear that's what you're supposed to do. The plants are sweating a lot. When I defoliated some of the leaves that were touching other leaves were wet even with lots of air circulation, and the humidity directly above the canopy is higher than if I take readings away from the canopy. There's a lot of transpiration going on.

I'm thinking I may need to cover these fabric pots and forget about the high frequency feeding. I got that from Dr. Coco who I've found wrong about multiple things since I started this grow. If I were smarter I'd do the opposite of everything he says.
Yeah it seems like the wet coco and transpiration is definitely going to keep the humidity levels high, but having a lung room that’s warmer than the tent would only make the problem worse.

Bilber

Bilber

I've never used coco....but......

I've never used fabric containers either, but.....

From my understanding, it , usually, needs more frequent waterings/feedings.....

But the way it sounds in your tent, they're overwatered?

Do you do the lift method to see if it needs water/ feed?

Drybacks......way down to the bottom 1/8 - 1/4 of the containers.......

Fans inside the tent? More than one.......

Regulating rh early on, I used a dehu.......then it was mentioned I could regulate it with proper feed/watering control.......

Granted, my atmosphere is all over the solar system.........

We have yet to give up trying to help figure this out for you......

Sometimes it's as simple as.......

I wish I knew!

Leoman

Leoman

I've never used coco....but......

I've never used fabric containers either, but.....

From my understanding, it , usually, needs more frequent waterings/feedings.....

But the way it sounds in your tent, they're overwatered?

Do you do the lift method to see if it needs water/ feed?

Drybacks......way down to the bottom 1/8 - 1/4 of the containers.......

Fans inside the tent? More than one.......

Regulating rh early on, I used a dehu.......then it was mentioned I could regulate it with proper feed/watering control.......

Granted, my atmosphere is all over the solar system.........

We have yet to give up trying to help figure this out for you......

Sometimes it's as simple as.......

I wish I knew!
A lot of people get their info from the coco for cannabis site. According to that, you shouldn't let it get less than 90% saturated. Like zero drybacks. It even recommends to water like 3 times a day (haven't done that personally). I'm noticing as the plants get bigger it's getting harder to combat even in the same pots with the same feeding schedule. So they're expelling all that extra moisture because I guess they just don't need that much? Been reading up on the science of it but it's hard to tell what info is correct and what's BS. lol

Anyway I'll keep playing with various things and get it right before the flip. I have 2 circulating fans going now and ordered another to put below the canopy. Hopefully with lots of airflow there won't be any major issues even if it stays a little higher than recommended.

Leoman

Leoman

Staying ahead of the game and got a $30 14" ebay bong. I didn't want one with a logo and there wasn't a logo pictured, but it had one anyway. Followed some advice I found on youtube and used vinegar to remove it. At first I thought no way will this work, but it wiped right off.

The neck is a little thicker than I'm used to. Like holding a big dildo. It should do the job though.

PXL 20240127 1725086022

C

climbit

QUOTE="Leoman, post: 3066505, member: 149379"]
Staying ahead of the game and got a $30 14" ebay bong. I didn't want one with a logo and there wasn't a logo pictured, but it had one anyway. Followed some advice I found on youtube and used vinegar to remove it. At first I thought no way will this work, but it wiped right off.

The neck is a little thicker than I'm used to. Like holding a big dildo. It should do the job though.

View attachment 2109694
[/QUOTE]
Looks mint. I remem the first time I smoked through a bong the taste was crystal clear. And I was smoking some bullshit.

2Water

2Water

View attachment 2109694
I almost exclusively smoke out of bongs. I find its cleaner and I can control how much I use better.

2Water

2Water

Same here. I've always done bongs or pipes exclusively unless someone's passing. I'm not a big roller and can't smoke a whole joint at once anyway.
I just always felt joints and blunts were so wasteful, literally just burning away half of it. But in social settings, they can't be beat. We got an Arizer tabletop vaporizer recently, but haven't played with it much

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Why Roscoe look noided out???😜
He always looks full noid. It’s kinda his thing. Always stressing, waiting to try to herd anything he can. Aussie is the only breed I’ve ever owned that truly tries to use his instincts every damned day, no matter how futile. He has his own language too. Truly what dominos should have been using as a mascot.

Leoman

Leoman

I just always felt joints and blunts were so wasteful, literally just burning away half of it. But in social settings, they can't be beat. We got an Arizer tabletop vaporizer recently, but haven't played with it much
For social settings I made a 4 hose hookah out of a 2' tall Coca Cola bottle bank from Spencer's. It was fun telling someone to clear it then watching the aftermath. lol

Haven't tried a dry herb vape but plan on getting one at some point.

Top Bottom