Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I’ve learned that organic takes time, it’s definitely not the quickest fastest way to a big yield, but it’s definitely easier. Practically set it, and forget it. Check once a day, water twice a week if needed. I still use ewc tea, kelp extract, molasses, and cal mag with a dash of recharge in one of those waterings. I have introduced a tiny lil bit of winter frost by new millennium the last couple weeks of flower. I think that disqualifies me from official organic but who gives a shit. It’s easy and low maintenance.
check out around 5 min 39 sec mark and 10 min mark...

Leoman

Leoman

I’m interested in this, especially if it’s coco specific. My coco grows weren’t that great, I was using box store coco, unwashed and definitely unbuffered for a couple years. Some plants responded better than others but I chased my tail for a while before I found out about washing and buffering. I ended up transitioning into organic soil, then organic living soil and larger fabric pots. It’s been a lot easier and plants are way happier with less issues and more importantly less maintenance. But as I said before it’s slower. It all hinges on finding more space for another grow tent at this point. But you got me thinking, and @JKash with those fabric pots. Definitely gonna order some of those. Who makes them.
You can find them for all different prices on Amazon. I got some cheaper brand pots and AC Infinity. Both work but AC infinity is thicker and has LST holes to tie down your branches.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
I’m interested in this, especially if it’s coco specific. My coco grows weren’t that great, I was using box store coco, unwashed and definitely unbuffered for a couple years. Some plants responded better than others but I chased my tail for a while before I found out about washing and buffering. I ended up transitioning into organic soil, then organic living soil and larger fabric pots. It’s been a lot easier and plants are way happier with less issues and more importantly less maintenance. But as I said before it’s slower. It all hinges on finding more space for another grow tent at this point. But you got me thinking, and @JKash with those fabric pots. Definitely gonna order some of those. Who makes them.
1 gallons
MECCANIXITY Grow Bags Fabric Pots with Self-Adhesion Sides, 1 Gallon NonWoven Garden Plant Container for Transplanting Tomato Vegetable Flower, Green Pack of 6 https://a.co/d/fDwgKVd

3 gallons
iPower 10-Pack 3-Gallon Grow Bags Non-Woven Fabric Plant Container Garden Pots with Handles, Self-Adhesion Sides for Easy Transplanting Tomato, Vegetable, Flower, Black https://a.co/d/hkp0gft

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
JKash

JKash

Supporter
I'm a soil person... I have had nothing but great things to say about these pots... easier to get out... still gotta do a little "roughhousing" but easier than with out

JKash

JKash

Supporter
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Putthataway

Putthataway

IMG 0620
IMG 0618
IMG 0621

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

Well, I’ve been hip to this for a while, and I would think this applies to large scale outdoor grows (fucking unregulated cartel shit) because it’s been and issue for a while, the organic runoff and bi products from the grow are seriously jacking up the ecosystem around them. There have been water and soil tests ran and sure, the established gardens who have been running illegal grows multiple times in the same spot do the most damage from frequency, but even the pop up grows fuck thing up too, it just takes a little longer to break down and affect the area. High amounts of anything is bad, and 100s maybe even thousand of gallons per grow, shit alder point for instance has got to be nuclear now. It adds up man.
But if you are a hobby grower, you are most likely doing what the doc was saying, repurposing everything to be reused so the frequency, size and carelessness imo, are the biggest factor. Is lil homies? We clean up mostly. So that. I’ve watched that a while ago.
If these knuckle heads would use a neutralizing agent it still wouldn’t matter, because a lot of them leave in a hurry, and def don’t clean shit.

JKash

JKash

Supporter
Well, I’ve been hip to this for a while, and I would think this applies to large scale outdoor grows (fucking unregulated cartel shit) because it’s been and issue for a while, the organic runoff and bi products from the grow are seriously jacking up the ecosystem around them. There have been water and soil tests ran and sure, the established gardens who have been running illegal grows multiple times in the same spot do the most damage from frequency, but even the pop up grows fuck thing up too, it just takes a little longer to break down and affect the area. High amounts of anything is bad, and 100s maybe even thousand of gallons per grow, shit alder point for instance has got to be nuclear now. It adds up man.
But if you are a hobby grower, you are most likely doing what the doc was saying, repurposing everything to be reused so the frequency, size and carelessness imo, are the biggest factor. Is lil homies? We clean up mostly. So that. I’ve watched that a while ago.
If these knuckle heads would use a neutralizing agent it still wouldn’t matter, because a lot of them leave in a hurry, and def don’t clean shit.
So I bring my used soil to the dpw lawn waste dump behind my house🤣

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

definitely agree with what Dr Bruce says, can’t disagree with facts. But I don’t use manure in my recipes. I use 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 aeration with pumice stone, 1/3 earth worm castings. Then I add to the soil Gaia green dry amendments. Mix it all up and fill containers to within 3” to the top. And then, sprinkle some build a soil cover crop on top, work it in and water with a spray bottle. And then put a layer of barley hay on top. And then I let the 12 seed mix grow for a week before I introduce either a seed or transplanted seedling.
🤣🤣🤣and then I let her rip! Cover crop stays until I flip for flower, chop and drop. Sometimes I allow a little growth to continue. If I need to top dress with more amendments I apply to the surface of the soil and work in before recovering the soil surface with hay and mulch from chop and drop as well as trimmings. After harvest I’ll run more cover crop till it’s established and reintroduce another plant. I’ll offset the planting site due to the decomposing rootball of the previous tenant. Once plant is at healthy height I start the low stress training. I aim for bushes rather than trees. Know JKash knows a thing about that 😳, holy shit man if you’d told me at 13 years old that this’d be the bush of my dreams I’d have wiped the drool off my mouth before asking what is that??
IMG 4818

JKash

JKash

Supporter
definitely agree with what Dr Bruce says, can’t disagree with facts. But I don’t use manure in my recipes. I use 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 aeration with pumice stone, 1/3 earth worm castings. Then I add to the soil Gaia green dry amendments. Mix it all up and fill containers to within 3” to the top. And then, sprinkle some build a soil cover crop on top, work it in and water with a spray bottle. And then put a layer of barley hay on top. And then I let the 12 seed mix grow for a week before I introduce either a seed or transplanted seedling.
🤣🤣🤣and then I let her rip! Cover crop stays until I flip for flower, chop and drop. Sometimes I allow a little growth to continue. If I need to top dress with more amendments I apply to the surface of the soil and work in before recovering the soil surface with hay and mulch from chop and drop as well as trimmings. After harvest I’ll run more cover crop till it’s established and reintroduce another plant. I’ll offset the planting site due to the decomposing rootball of the previous tenant. Once plant is at healthy height I start the low stress training. I aim for bushes rather than trees. Know JKash knows a thing about that 😳, holy shit man if you’d told me at 13 years old that this’d be the bush of my dreams I’d have wiped the drool off my mouth before asking what is that??View attachment 2114845
Just being humble... this was my 1st attempt at something like this INDOORS.... only reason why I attempted was my buddy sent me a link to a YouTube grower doing this.... he swore up and down I could better.... that rang in my brain for a week...and here is my finished product(almost).... may not be a complete centerfold finish but I definitely beat out the youtube grower in weight for same size plant area...

He was kind of against attempting something this size for future grows.... im not saying I dislike it at all... saved me 2 gallons of water/nutes per feeding compared to growing 4 plants... so that's a plus... con is I'm stuck with just 1 strain and get strain lockout after about a month of gravities

JKash

JKash

Supporter
🤣🤣🤣and then I let her rip! Cover crop stays until I flip for flower, chop and drop. Sometimes I allow a little growth to continue. If I need to top dress with more amendments I apply to the surface of the soil and work in before recovering the soil surface with hay and mulch from chop and drop as well as trimmings. After harvest I’ll run more cover crop till it’s established and reintroduce another plant. I’ll offset the planting site due to the decomposing rootball of the previous tenant. Once plant is at healthy height I start the low stress training. I aim for bushes rather than trees. Know JKash knows a thing about that 😳, holy shit man if you’d told me at 13 years old that this’d be the bush of my dreams I’d have wiped the drool off my mouth before asking what is that??View attachment 2114845
This pic is as of tonight.... my lights go off at 730

20240204 192856
Top Bottom